Beyerdynamic Amiron Home (the new T90)
Nov 8, 2020 at 2:34 PM Post #1,996 of 2,668
Nov 19, 2020 at 10:45 AM Post #1,998 of 2,668
All:

I am looking at the upgrading my DragonFly Black with the Earman Sparrow, however most of the reviews of that DAC state it is light years better with the balanced out.

Can the Amiron's take full advantage of the balanced input if I swap out the headphone cables with something like this? Option 1 or Option 2 or Option 3 (from Beyerdynamic)

Or do the headphones themselves have to be designed to support that type of input? So it isn't worth the trouble?

Nov 19, 2020 at 11:47 AM Post #1,999 of 2,668
I have the balanced cable from Beyerdynamic (with the 4 pole XLR) and I love it.

Nov 19, 2020 at 12:16 PM Post #2,000 of 2,668
All:

I am looking at the upgrading my DragonFly Black with the Earman Sparrow, however most of the reviews of that DAC state it is light years better with the balanced out.

Can the Amiron's take full advantage of the balanced input if I swap out the headphone cables with something like this? Option 1 or Option 2 or Option 3 (from Beyerdynamic)

Or do the headphones themselves have to be designed to support that type of input? So it isn't worth the trouble?
I have Option 2 as well as a custom made cable three times the price made by OIDIO here in the UK. Sonically I can't tell the difference myself, but oh my god the OIDIO cable feels beautiful. What I'm trying to say is that Option 2 is a very affordable option that actually sounds decent.

Nov 19, 2020 at 12:19 PM Post #2,001 of 2,668
Honestly, just pull the trigger. If I lived in the US, I'd order a backup set at that price.
For what an backup set when you can buy and repair every part of that headphone easily by your self

Nov 19, 2020 at 12:46 PM Post #2,002 of 2,668
I have Option 2 as well as a custom made cable three times the price made by OIDIO here in the UK. Sonically I can't tell the difference myself, but oh my god the OIDIO cable feels beautiful. What I'm trying to say is that Option 2 is a very affordable option that actually sounds decent.
Thanks! And (just because I am new), there is nothing about the design of the headphones themselves that prevents or limits plugging in from a balanced output?

Nov 19, 2020 at 2:41 PM Post #2,003 of 2,668
For what an backup set when you can buy and repair every part of that headphone easily by your self
Delivery costs for parts are fairly extortionate from Beyerdynamic Europe to the UK sadly. There's nowhere else in Europe (that I've seen) that offers just about all parts. I'd sooner own a backup pair when they're that good a price.

Nov 19, 2020 at 2:49 PM Post #2,006 of 2,668
Delivery costs for parts are fairly extortionate from Beyerdynamic Europe to the UK sadly. There's nowhere else in Europe (that I've seen) that offers just about all parts. I'd sooner own a backup pair when they're that good a price.
They should have an authorized servicer for repairs in your country, they do in the us. Part of the reason I feel beyer and sennheiser are such good values.

Nov 20, 2020 at 9:17 AM Post #2,010 of 2,668
hello, i read in several places that the dt1990 pro is better tuned than Amiron, is that true?

I think this is mostly what you're looking for. The DT1990 Pro is meant as a studio or critical listening instrument whilst the Amiron Home is tuned for comfort. I for instance love my Amiron Home over anything else for movies and long listening sessions but it isn't as detailed/unforgiving as my Focal Clears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back