1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Beyerdynamic Amiron Home (the new T90)

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by mtoc, Sep 28, 2016.
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Next

Last
  1. mtoc
    Well, that's the name, it's home.

PIC_Amiron_home_16-09_perspective_v1.jpg

2. Ferrosa
    The new T90. Here we go again:
    http://europe.beyerdynamic.com/press/press-releases/press-detail/article/amiron-home-new-at-the-tokyo-headphone-festival-2016.html

galaxy999 and CaveManta like this.
  3. ProfFalkin
    Now with 300% more treble!

SSandDigital, Vartan and CaveManta like this.
  4. Ferrosa

They're using fabric to control the treble. As the DT 1770/1990 PROs.

CaveManta likes this.
  5. XERO1
    It looks like the Amiron Home is the non-studio (and balanced cable friendly) version of the DT 1990 PRO.

I wonder if they are tuned any differently?

Kuh-Fi likes this.
  6. Ferrosa

Indeed.
    The sound signature must be very close to DT 1990.

7. ProfFalkin

I had the 1770's.  It was much better than the 990 premiums I had, but had to get rid of both.  Just too much treble for me.  Fatigue inside of 20 min is... it's just downright excessive.  

Darn shame too, I like Beyer's build quality and comfort.   If any of these new Beyer models well and truly tamed the shrill highs, I'd buy in a heartbeat.

halcyon likes this.
  8. Ferrosa
    They say that DT 1990 is even brighter than DT 1770.
    The only beyer with smooth treble that I know is the DT 150.

9. SpringBiscuit
    So it means T90 is discontinued? 

10. XERO1

​Yep.

I wouldn't be surprised if Beyerdynamic soon announces a closed-back replacement for the T 70 as well.

11. 100VoltTube
    Sooo....  beyer has just released the DT1990: a $600 open backed, full size headphone. Now, after a bunch of people have bought the DT1990, they release the Amiron, a $600 open backed headphone. Interesting marketing strategy.

They'll probably have a different tuning from the DT1990's though, to make it so that they don't have two products in direct competition with each other. What tuning they'll use on the Amiron, though, I have no idea. It would be ironic if they brought back the treble spike [​IMG]

I am interested to see what the do about the T70. they can't replace it with a $600 pair of headphones because it's about $300. (I got mine new for $270) The T70 also has a... unique... tuning that I don't think many people like. I don't like mine without a 5db bass boost and a notch at 8khz. It makes me wonder about the tuning they'll go for on a replacement (if they do make a replacement)

Looking forward to impressions in a month [​IMG] 

12. thatonenoob
    Woo excited. Not a fan of t90...hopefully things get better here. But the design is very meh.

13. Vigrith

I actually quite like the new design, I disliked the stock T90s' look (mine are Jubilee edition) so to me this is definitely a step up.

That said, I'm VERY intrigued to see how these turn out - the fact they have warm as a headline for these has me super pleased as aside the kill yourself treble on most their headphones I quite like their tuning. " All in all, this adds up to a warm, stress-free sound with fascinating spaciousness – as intoxicating as in a live concert." is very far from their previous iteration at least, hopefully they're not exaggerating!

14. XERO1

I'm not a fan of having any kind of cloth on the outside of a headphone, so I'm glad to see that go away.

IMHO, the newer Beyer's (T1 2G, T5p 2G, DT 1770) are a little too mellow for my taste.  It looks like the Amiron Home will be probably be voiced similarly. [​IMG]

15. HiFiGuy528
    I hope this sounds like the DT 1990 Pro because I love that hp. This looks to have dual entry removable cable so the optional XLR cable from beyer would work.

2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Next

Last