Beyerdynamic Amiron Home (the new T90)
Dec 3, 2020 at 5:35 AM Post #2,026 of 2,667
I'm using the Beyerdynamic standard cable on a FiiO Mont Blanc with my ASUS Xonar Xense on PC (yeah... I need to get an amp without battery... money's tight) and I'm quite satisfied. So... the standard cable could maybe work out for you.

Dec 3, 2020 at 8:31 AM Post #2,027 of 2,667
Got my Amiron Home late last night -- surprisingly, they are snug (but comfortable); I had thought they might be a little loosey goosey based on reviews which mentioned that they were not nearly as snug as the DT 1990. I can report that I could head bang with these if I was so inclined. They are that secure! :D

They feel as secure as my HD 650, or from memory, my erstwhile DT 880 Pro, which I sold a while back. They are more secure on my head than my T90, which I still have, although I think the increased snugness of the Amiron over the T90 is due to the more substantially solid headband on the Amiron.

IMG-4100.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2020 at 8:43 AM Post #2,028 of 2,667
I can report that I could head bang with these if I was so inclined.

I most definitely can't with mine. I almost don't notice wearing them, but one fierce bang and they're off. Still very much in love with them.

Dec 3, 2020 at 8:55 AM Post #2,030 of 2,667
I most definitely can't with mine. I almost don't notice wearing them, but one fierce bang and they're off. Still very much in love with them.

Yeah, I was a little surprised, frankly -- I actually prefer a snugger fit, and I recall multiple reviewers mentioning the relaxed fit. These are not relaxed like my T1 -- I would definitely not headbang with those. I'm wondering if they have made some silent revision? I know the box is different than I've seen in reviews, although that didn't surprise me as packaging changes occasionally.

Dec 3, 2020 at 9:04 AM Post #2,031 of 2,667
Yeah, I was a little surprised, frankly -- I actually prefer a snugger fit, and I recall multiple reviewers mentioning the relaxed fit. These are not relaxed like my T1 -- I would definitely not headbang with those. I'm wondering if they have made some silent revision? I know the box is different than I've seen in reviews, although that didn't surprise me as packaging changes occasionally.

The Amiron Home like the T1.2, I find they loosen up a fair amount with use. They could of also adjusted the clamp some at one point. Also since they fit differently the positions of the adjusters may be different which also influences the clamp.

Dec 3, 2020 at 9:07 AM Post #2,032 of 2,667
The earpads are different from the Amiron.H and T1.2. I can confirm the earpads of the Amiron is a bit stiff but after some minutes you won't notice them and they are sure damn comfortable. I use earpads covers to extend the comfort too and of course, to protect them against dust, hair and sweat.

Dec 3, 2020 at 9:08 AM Post #2,033 of 2,667
The Amiron Home like the T1.2, I find they loosen up a fair amount with use. They could of also adjusted the clamp some at one point. Also since they fit differently the positions of the adjusters may be different which also influences the clamp.

Holy moly, I think you did some kind of remote magic, lol -- I swear they feel a little looser now having been on my head for about 30 minutes. And I do require very little extension of the adjusters -- they are not all the way to the shortest position but nearly so, I can't even see the first dot.

Dec 4, 2020 at 12:29 PM Post #2,034 of 2,667

These look so much smaller on me, and I've got the cups extended way further than this.

I've got a large-ass head, I guess.

Dec 4, 2020 at 2:34 PM Post #2,035 of 2,667
These look so much smaller on me, and I've got the cups extended way further than this.

I've got a large-ass head, I guess.

It's all relative -- the other way to state the same thing is that I've got a shrunken, undeveloped miniature head, I guess. :smile:

They've loosened up a little -- they're quite comfortable, in any case, I don't mind the snugness they had when they were fresh out of the box.

Dec 12, 2020 at 6:11 AM Post #2,036 of 2,667
So my 4.4mm copper balanced cable arrived (Lunashop store on Aliexpress). This is the first time in 18 months that I have listened to my Amiron Homes in balanced, (my two desktop amps, although more powerful, are not balanced) ... Well, I am really impressed with how Kann Alpha makes them sing. These headphones have never sounded so good! The clarity is incredible, the harshness in the highest notes of the mid-high range that I perceive at 6.3mm is gone, and the light veil that the Amiron has with the stock cable has magically disappeared! More than happy with the change they have made. :L3000:
20201212_115735.jpg

Dec 12, 2020 at 10:53 AM Post #2,037 of 2,667
The longer I'm in this game the more clear my priorities become. I think the emotional connection to music for me surpasses chasing that last small % in technicalities I could possibly gain by "up grading". My Hekv2 Hd 800and even more musically speaking my Amiron and Night hawk give me something sometimes the mega buck cans can't give pure enjoyment of my music 🎵🎶

Dec 12, 2020 at 11:11 AM Post #2,038 of 2,667
The longer I'm in this game the more clear my priorities become. I think the emotional connection to music for me surpasses chasing that last small % in technicalities I could possibly gain by "up grading". My Hekv2 Hd 800and even more musically speaking my Amiron and Night hawk give me something sometimes the mega buck cans can't give pure enjoyment of my music 🎵🎶
I think the Amiron Home and Nighthawks are the two biggest keepers in my collection funny enough.

Dec 12, 2020 at 11:13 AM Post #2,039 of 2,667
So my 4.4mm copper balanced cable arrived (Lunashop store on Aliexpress). This is the first time in 18 months that I have listened to my Amiron Homes in balanced, (my two desktop amps, although more powerful, are not balanced) ... Well, I am really impressed with how Kann Alpha makes them sing. These headphones have never sounded so good! The clarity is incredible, the harshness in the highest notes of the mid-high range that I perceive at 6.3mm is gone, and the light veil that the Amiron has with the stock cable has magically disappeared! More than happy with the change they have made. :L3000: 20201212_115735.jpg
Would you mind posting a link to that cable please? I'm curious to try it out.

Dec 12, 2020 at 4:58 PM Post #2,040 of 2,667

Users who are viewing this thread

Back