Beyerdynamic Amiron Home (the new T90)
Nov 20, 2020 at 9:17 AM Post #2,011 of 2,659
hello, i read in several places that the dt1990 pro is better tuned than Amiron, is that true?

Depends on what you like

amiron is warmer and smoother and its and capable of driven balanced

1990 is brighter with more details and better imaging

Nov 20, 2020 at 11:39 AM Post #2,013 of 2,659
I had both and bought the 1990 three times in hopes of convincing myself but the 1990 for my taste is too much of everything.
This pretty much sums it up for me.

1990 is brighter with more details and better imaging

Depending on what you are looking for either one can work.
For me the Amiron feels like home :) Get it hehe

Nov 24, 2020 at 10:23 PM Post #2,015 of 2,659
I think this is mostly what you're looking for. The DT1990 Pro is meant as a studio or critical listening instrument whilst the Amiron Home is tuned for comfort. I for instance love my Amiron Home over anything else for movies and long listening sessions but it isn't as detailed/unforgiving as my Focal Clears.

Just joined the Amiron club thanks to the Newegg discount, and to tell you the truth I had very low expectations of them.. But I'm blown away by how great and warm they sound. I had a lot of problem with the trebles on my 1990 Pro even though they sounded fantastic overall. Have only been listening to my Amirons for an hour or so but switching back and forth between them and my Clears, I very much agree with your comparison. I can't even feel Amirons on my head which is awesome since I'm somewhat sensitive to pressure especially clamp force because my of ginormous head haha

Any recommendations for balanced cables for them? Their connectors appear to be the same as Clears, and I have a set of aftermarket cable from Amazon with similar dual 3.5mm connectors but they're single ring as opposed to the Amirons' double-ring...

Nov 24, 2020 at 10:54 PM Post #2,016 of 2,659
Just joined the Amiron club thanks to the Newegg discount, and to tell you the truth I had very low expectations of them.. But I'm blown away by how great and warm they sound. I had a lot of problem with the trebles on my 1990 Pro even though they sounded fantastic overall. Have only been listening to my Amirons for an hour or so but switching back and forth between them and my Clears, I very much agree with your comparison. I can't even feel Amirons on my head which is awesome since I'm somewhat sensitive to pressure especially clamp force because my of ginormous head haha

Any recommendations for balanced cables for them? Their connectors appear to be the same as Clears, and I have a set of aftermarket cable from Amazon with similar dual 3.5mm connectors but they're single ring as opposed to the Amirons' double-ring...
The Amirons have their own set of connectors. They are extended (and slightly tapered?) 3.5mm while those for the Clears are mono 3.5mm. One standard for connectors for headphones would be wonderful...mini-XLR...whatever...

Nov 25, 2020 at 2:34 AM Post #2,018 of 2,659
I have the Beyerdynamic 4 pole XLR 'audiophile' 3m cable which is good, however, it is also quite expensive at €150. It's a kind of semi-flat cable which is two separate but well held together cables under the kind (like the clear) of rough nylon sleeving. It's rough enough I can't use velcro cable ties on it since the hooks will latch to the sleeve. Leagues better than the included stock cable (sticky rubber) and I like the feel of the cable but prefer the softer feel and more premium look of the Clear cables. All in all, I'm very happy with it, but at that price, a €150 cable might seem a bit ridiculous for €600 headphones.

Nov 28, 2020 at 12:59 AM Post #2,020 of 2,659
Nov 29, 2020 at 11:30 PM Post #2,022 of 2,659
Hope you enjoy them, the Amiron Home is one of my favorite Beyers and headphones I've owned.

Thanks! I’ve read many of your posts in here which helped me decide it a while back it was a headphone I wanted to get, but other purchases always seemed to get in the way but not this time. 😅

Nov 30, 2020 at 12:12 AM Post #2,023 of 2,659
Thanks! I’ve read many of your posts in here which helped me decide it a while back it was a headphone I wanted to get, but other purchases always seemed to get in the way but not this time. 😅

Ah, yeah I think you will enjoy them, they are a bit different than most other Beyers, I would say they are most similar to the T1 gen 2 of what I owned, a bit different though and they have different strengths. I wouldn't say the Amiron Home is technically inferior to the T1.2 because it isn't. The T1.3 is an upgrade fidelity wise but not everyone will like it's dark, warm, and bassy sound signature. I tend to jump on new open-back high-end Beyers as soon as they come out as I do have a preference and bias towards Beyers.

Dec 2, 2020 at 1:49 PM Post #2,024 of 2,659
Hello Amiron Lovers,

I got my Amiron Home a few hours ago and I simply adore them. They sound truly wonderful...

I want to use them balanced with my Sony DAP (4.4mm) and thought about what the best cable solution is?

I have ordered one of these:

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07MC5Z8XQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_tf-XFb5TG0PXA

But now I think about the original Beyerdynamic Balanced cable. But it only has 2.5 termination and I have to use it with an adapter.

What kind of 4.4mm cable are you using?

Dec 2, 2020 at 2:08 PM Post #2,025 of 2,659
I order a 4.4mm cable from lunashops on Aliexpress to connect my Amiron to Kann Alpha and I am waiting to receive them ... In about a week I will be able to give my impressions.

Enjoy these wonderful and underrated headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back