Beyerdynamic Amiron Home (the new T90)
Mar 22, 2020 at 7:06 PM Post #1,727 of 2,669
I have and have heard some high end cans and for my music taste for pure music enjoyment i can't think of another headphone in my line up i enjoy more. I sometimes feel guilty for perfering it to my more expensive cans, maybe i should sell them but i still listen to all of them. Its just i camt help to enjoy music most from these strange beyerdynamics. My first pair of beyerdynamics at that.

Mar 22, 2020 at 9:37 PM Post #1,728 of 2,669
I have and have heard some high end cans and for my music taste for pure music enjoyment i can't think of another headphone in my line up i enjoy more. I sometimes feel guilty for perfering it to my more expensive cans, maybe i should sell them but i still listen to all of them. Its just i camt help to enjoy music most from these strange beyerdynamics. My first pair of beyerdynamics at that.
Don't sell them, keep them. Especially if you still listen to them. And even if you don't, still keep them.

Mar 22, 2020 at 9:53 PM Post #1,729 of 2,669

I have heard a lot of high end headphones myself and I find myself perfectly happy with the Amiron Home and T1.2, with the T1.2 being my most used headphone. There is something oddly musically engaging with the T1.2, Amiron Home, DT 1990, and DT 1770. Haven't heard the T5p gen 2 so not sure how it is. Only have two other headphones used a lot outside the T1.2 and Amiron Home, and one is yet another Beyer and the other an e-stat.

Mar 22, 2020 at 10:12 PM Post #1,730 of 2,669
I still hear all the details with excellent air etc, and that mid bass is what gets me, gives the sound a fullness i really enjoy. My first impression of beyerdynamic was a excellent one lol. Im a odd duck to as i really enjoy my Nighthawk as well, so my sound preferences are all over the map ha

Mar 22, 2020 at 10:36 PM Post #1,731 of 2,669
I still hear all the details with excellent air etc, and that mid bass is what gets me, gives the sound a fullness i really enjoy. My first impression of beyerdynamic was a excellent one lol. Im a odd duck to as i really enjoy my Nighthawk as well, so my sound preferences are all over the map ha
Not only that, the Amirons have the most relaxed and laid back sound, even the vocals are very natural. Both my Amirons are mostly used for everything and they have the cinematic audio.

I have heard a lot of high end headphones myself and I find myself perfectly happy with the Amiron Home and T1.2, with the T1.2 being my most used headphone. There is something oddly musically engaging with the T1.2, Amiron Home, DT 1990, and DT 1770. Haven't heard the T5p gen 2 so not sure how it is. Only have two other headphones used a lot outside the T1.2 and Amiron Home, and one is yet another Beyer and the other an e-stat.
The T5p.2 has relaxed and laid back treble. Bass is not overwhelming nor underwhelming.

Mar 22, 2020 at 10:42 PM Post #1,732 of 2,669
Not only that, the Amirons have the most relaxed and laid back sound, even the vocals are very natural. Both my Amirons are mostly used for everything and they have the cinematic audio.

The T5p.2 has relaxed and laid back treble. Bass is not overwhelming nor underwhelming.

Ah okay. Will try to listen to a pair sometime. Between the Amiron Home and the T1.2 I find the T1.2 to be similarly relaxed, to have fuller and more rounded mids, better imaging, and a bit more resolving. Depending on the system the T1.2 can sound like a better Amiron Home, but on other systems they can sound quite different. The T1.2 changes more from amp to amp than the Amiron Home.

Mar 22, 2020 at 10:43 PM Post #1,733 of 2,669

I was planning to add another Amiron as a back up as i did the nighthawk. Especially the Amiron as id like to perserve those pads as i have no idea how to take those suckers off lol i tugged at them alittle and i know they have attachment rings but hopefully its along time before i have to.

I did replace replace recently the headband on my Hekv2 which was alot easier than i thought so who knows its probably not to hard.. you have me curious about the t5.p now. I prefer open but at night right now its the 7200 which is nice for my taste i guess

Mar 22, 2020 at 10:49 PM Post #1,734 of 2,669
I was planning to add another Amiron as a back up as i did the nighthawk. Especially the Amiron as id like to perserve those pads as i have no idea how to take those suckers off lol i tugged at them alittle and i know they have attachment rings but hopefully its along time before i have to.

I did replace replace recently the headband on my Hekv2 which was alot easier than i thought so who knows its probably not to hard.. you have me curious about the t5.p now. I prefer open but at night right now its the 7200 which is nice for my taste i guess

I've taken the Amiron Home's apart, on the Amiron you basically have to take the ring off with the pads to change the pads, they have a double lip on them that doesn't make them as friendly to replace as on the DT 1770/1990.

Mar 22, 2020 at 11:07 PM Post #1,735 of 2,669

Amirons... Those f---ers made me buy another Amiron lol. Don't forget about the Amiron Wireless, this one... It's a gift from heaven too. I have them as spares and maybe, probably and possibly as collectors items... I'm a dumb and odd duck.

7200... Do you have it?

Ah okay. Will try to listen to a pair sometime. Between the Amiron Home and the T1.2 I find the T1.2 to be similarly relaxed, to have fuller and more rounded mids, better imaging, and a bit more resolving. Depending on the system the T1.2 can sound like a better Amiron Home, but on other systems they can sound quite different. The T1.2 changes more from amp to amp than the Amiron Home.

In my case it's different, I use all of my headphones literally for everything, even my mp3-player I sometimes use it.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2020 at 12:20 PM Post #1,736 of 2,669
Amirons... Those f---ers made me buy another Amiron lol. Don't forget about the Amiron Wireless, this one... It's a gift from heaven too. I have them as spares and maybe, probably and possibly as collectors items... I'm a dumb and odd duck.

7200... Do you have it?

In my case it's different, I use all of my headphones literally for everything, even my mp3-player I sometimes use it.

Yep i love the 7200 as well

Mar 23, 2020 at 1:35 PM Post #1,737 of 2,669
Yep i love the 7200 as well
I love it's earpads, the most comfortable I've ever had. Unfortunately I had to return it because of the headband. It's the most uncomfortable I've ever had in my whole life and the pain was gone after an hour when I stopped using it.

Mar 23, 2020 at 7:54 PM Post #1,738 of 2,669
Beyerdynamics certainly have their detractors in the audiophile community. I’m really enjoying the 177X Go, which is similar to the Amiron apparently, and it’s such an enveloping sound; cinematic is right. And rather warm. They sound mostly right to me. They could use a little more treble clarity and sparkle; they’re not the best performer in my collection in terms of technicalities, but it’s the one I enjoy the most currently. This is when you realize it’s all about what makes your experience most enjoyable, and it doesn’t matter what it is.

Mar 23, 2020 at 8:13 PM Post #1,739 of 2,669
I love it's earpads, the most comfortable I've ever had. Unfortunately I had to return it because of the headband. It's the most uncomfortable I've ever had in my whole life and the pain was gone after an hour when I stopped using it.

I had that problem at first to, made worse by my bald head lol. For a closed back its great and its probably my endgame for closed back. Eventually it just stopped hurting my head i must of built up a callus or something lol. I can't help but think if this virus makes me have to sell everything i could be perfectly content with the Amiron as my only can, wow i could have saved so much .money lol

Mar 23, 2020 at 8:14 PM Post #1,740 of 2,669
Beyerdynamics certainly have their detractors in the audiophile community. I’m really enjoying the 177X Go, which is similar to the Amiron apparently, and it’s such an enveloping sound; cinematic is right. And rather warm. They sound mostly right to me. They could use a little more treble clarity and sparkle; they’re not the best performer in my collection in terms of technicalities, but it’s the one I enjoy the most currently. This is when you realize it’s all about what makes your experience most enjoyable, and it doesn’t matter what it is.
I have the Amiron's and DT990 Pro's, I've now hooked up an Antlion ModMic to the 990's and converted them to my gaming headset! Seriously, just breathtaking in games now, CSGO, Apex Legends...just sounds excellent! To me, Beyer's just soundstage so well, probably some of the best can's to set out the stage for the sounds to come through! So much easier to pin-point sound cues in game than compared to my sennheiser's!

The Amiron's are just sooooo comfort to wear though and the sound is just a smidgen more focused and slight cleaner high's with a thumpier mid-bass but the 990's still perform excellently with gaming, movies and music! Heck I watched Westworld season 3, episode 2, on them last night and was enthralled by how the 990's sounded!

My ultimate goal will be to try the T1's, gen 1 or 2, I think that will be the holy grail!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back