Beyerdynamic Amiron Home (the new T90)
Mar 23, 2020 at 8:15 PM Post #1,741 of 2,674
Beyerdynamics certainly have their detractors in the audiophile community. I’m really enjoying the 177X Go, which is similar to the Amiron apparently, and it’s such an enveloping sound; cinematic is right. And rather warm. They sound mostly right to me. They could use a little more treble clarity and sparkle; they’re not the best performer in my collection in terms of technicalities, but it’s the one I enjoy the most currently. This is when you realize it’s all about what makes your experience most enjoyable, and it doesn’t matter what it is.

I agree while its not the most technical it is the most enjoyable right now. But when im listening they seem to have many of those same technicalities of the others they just seem to be less on display, just a very engaging sound for my music taste.

Mar 23, 2020 at 9:40 PM Post #1,742 of 2,674
The Amiron has a very addicting quality about it. When a person buys it, it makes them want to pull out more and more albums so they can see what it will offer and reveal next. You can hear pops, clicks, crackling, distortion, and background noises that you would have never known are even there with many other headphones. At the same time, you also hear notes from instruments that were previously absent. It has a soundstage which is like looking at a map in front of you. Everything is on display, and you get a great landscape to look at. Many headphones offer a great soundstage. However, on the Amiron Home, it offers much more of the fine details. It is as if the tiny cities that are not displayed on other headphones are being shown on the Amiron. The Amiron does something which many other headphones do not. It has the ability to reveal details which are present in music, but without being a bright headphone. Several other high end headphones on the market also have excellent imaging and detail retrieval as well. However, not many others offer this without having a bright sound signature.

Mar 23, 2020 at 9:55 PM Post #1,743 of 2,674
I had that problem at first to, made worse by my bald head lol. For a closed back its great and its probably my endgame for closed back. Eventually it just stopped hurting my head i must of built up a callus or something lol. I can't help but think if this virus makes me have to sell everything i could be perfectly content with the Amiron as my only can, wow i could have saved so much .money lol
It's really a darn shame. I like wooden headphones, they look so much nicer, excellent and attractive. For now my only wooden headphone is the Meze 99 Classics. AH7200 is not worth the pain, it was serious as the pain was moving through my face, I mean I felt the veins(?) I've never experienced that in my whole life. Rest assured, I don't have it no more but I got my money back lol. If I would have to sell to get money, I'd steal my little brother his car or bike than my precious babies (headphones) LMAO

The Amiron has a very addicting quality about it. When a person buys it, it makes them want to pull out more and more albums so they can see what it will offer and reveal next. You can hear pops, clicks, crackling, distortion, and background noises that you would have never known are even there with many other headphones. At the same time, you also hear notes from instruments that were previously absent. It has a soundstage which is like looking at a map in front of you. Everything is on display, and you get a great landscape to look at. Many headphones offer a great soundstage. However, on the Amiron Home, it offers much more of the fine details. It is as if the tiny cities that are not displayed on other headphones are being shown on the Amiron. The Amiron does something which many other headphones do not. It has the ability to reveal details which are present in music, but without being a bright headphone. Several other high end headphones on the market also have excellent imaging and detail retrieval as well. However, not many others offer this without having a bright sound signature.
My first Amiron is the Wireless Copper and I cannot describe how amazing it sounds. Everything sounds like heaven, there is not one single fatigue while any detail is indeed revealed without being bright. As soon as I experienced the Wireless version, I bought the Home version. They clearly have a different sound. They are my primair headphones. But I'm upset there is no Amiron Home Copper version.

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2020 at 2:27 PM Post #1,744 of 2,674
How is it compared to DT 1990 ?

Mar 26, 2020 at 4:41 AM Post #1,747 of 2,674
I agree, I have both the Amiron Home and T1.2, sound signature is similar, but the T1.2 is better in basically every way and it's more holographic and fluid sounding. The T1.2 does take a bit to fully settle in though and some adjusting is also required, but once the physical and brain burn-in is done I can't go back to the Amiron Home.

34D21318-61C3-4C4C-8048-A8C7DE537A96.jpeg

Did you tried DT 770 250 ohm before ? I've upgraded to DT 1990 but it's too aggressive, fatiguing and alerting so it's not good for casual listening/relaxing. Don't get me wrong DT 1990 is very very good headphone. I like them when i wanna lose myself in music but they are not the headphone to leave on your head whole day. I'm looking headphone similiar sounding to DT 770 250 ohm. I have no problem with them. They also feel like have bigger soundstage than openback dt 1990 for me. DT 1990 vocals are way too forward for me. I'm torn between DT 1770, Amiron Home, T1.2, and Hifiman Sundara. I'm looking for more relaxed headphone especially in the vocal department just like the DT 770. And feeling of bigger soundstage. DT 1990 have better detail and distinction but they are all in my face. DT 770 have good detail and distinction and they are not in my face. I like that DT 770 have a cinematic sound and atmosphere to it. Can you compare these headphones if you have experience with them. People really hate the treble of T1.2 but people also hate the treble of DT 770 so i don't know who to trust. I don't like the treble of DT 1990 though. They are really pro studio headphones as Beyerdynamic claims. They are super fun with balanced pads but gives me headache after an hour and make me wanna throw them.

Mar 26, 2020 at 4:50 AM Post #1,748 of 2,674
You should use my EQ I created for the balanced pads on the DT1990. I have received a few messages from people telling me how much better it is than the stock tuning. I think you would like it too. In my opinion, there is no perfect headphone. I have never owned or heard a single headphone to date which did not require EQ to sound completely correct. The difference though between a good headphone and a bad headphone is that a good headphone can be made to sound totally correct with an EQ, but a bad headphone can't.

If you are finding you have issue with the DT1990, then you will not like the DT1770 either. If you want a more relaxed headphone, you should get yourself the Amiron Home. I own the Amiron and DT1990. They have a very different sound signature.

Mar 26, 2020 at 5:24 AM Post #1,749 of 2,674
You should use my EQ I created for the balanced pads on the DT1990. I have received a few messages from people telling me how much better it is than the stock tuning. I think you would like it too. In my opinion, there is no perfect headphone. I have never owned or heard a single headphone to date which did not require EQ to sound completely correct. The difference though between a good headphone and a bad headphone is that a good headphone can be made to sound totally correct with an EQ, but a bad headphone can't.

If you are finding you have issue with the DT1990, then you will not like the DT1770 either. If you want a more relaxed headphone, you should get yourself the Amiron Home. I own the Amiron and DT1990. They have a very different sound signature.
I don't really like using additional softwares and eq. I'm not after correct sound. Original, intended tuning of the headphone more important for me. DT 770 is also pro studio headphone as well but i guess Beyer gone with the very agressive tuning for 1770 and 1990. Dekoni velour might help but shipping is delayed due to corona virus. I guess Amiron is better for me. I'm also curious about Sundara but availability is very bad with them. Durability and build quality seems bad as well. Those Sundara's getting incredibly good reviews.

Mar 26, 2020 at 5:33 AM Post #1,750 of 2,674
I was part of the Sundara loaner tour. The Sundara is a slightly bright headphone, but only slightly. It has a more narrow soundstage than the Amiron and the DT1990. The bass on the Sundara is also very lean compared to the Amiron and DT1990. Its sub bass is rolled off, and there is a dip on the headphone in the mid bass between 150-250Hz. This ends up causing guitars and some other instruments to have a bit of a hollow and thin sound. Vocals on the Sundara are also a bit nasal and hazy sounding. To its credit though, the Sundara has a rather clean treble response for its price point.

Mar 26, 2020 at 5:42 AM Post #1,751 of 2,674
Did you tried DT 770 250 ohm before ? I've upgraded to DT 1990 but it's too aggressive, fatiguing and alerting so it's not good for casual listening/relaxing. Don't get me wrong DT 1990 is very very good headphone. I like them when i wanna lose myself in music but they are not the headphone to leave on your head whole day. I'm looking headphone similiar sounding to DT 770 250 ohm. I have no problem with them. They also feel like have bigger soundstage than openback dt 1990 for me. DT 1990 vocals are way too forward for me. I'm torn between DT 1770, Amiron Home, T1.2, and Hifiman Sundara. I'm looking for more relaxed headphone especially in the vocal department just like the DT 770. And feeling of bigger soundstage. DT 1990 have better detail and distinction but they are all in my face. DT 770 have good detail and distinction and they are not in my face. I like that DT 770 have a cinematic sound and atmosphere to it. Can you compare these headphones if you have experience with them. People really hate the treble of T1.2 but people also hate the treble of DT 770 so i don't know who to trust. I don't like the treble of DT 1990 though. They are really pro studio headphones as Beyerdynamic claims. They are super fun with balanced pads but gives me headache after an hour and make me wanna throw them.

Honestly both the T1.2 and Amiron Home will work. They are both much more relaxing to listen to than the more aggressive DT 1990. I think while the T1.2 is the better headphones, it's more system sensitive than the Amiron. Both the T1.2 and Amiron Home have good vocals. I think you will be happy with either. If the Amiron is a good deal cheaper go for it. If prices are not that far apart, go for the T1.2 is my personal suggestion. Both are excellent headphones and I think you will be happy with either. Both are quite different in terms of treble than the DT 1990 and DT 770.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2020 at 5:47 AM Post #1,752 of 2,674
If you want a warmer sound with a non-fatiguing treble, a good choice would be the Amiron Home instead of the DT1990. It has excellent imaging, a vast soundstage, and is not bright at all. It has the ability to reveal all kinds of small details that are present in the music, but does so without any harshness. It is a rather unique headphone for Beyerdynamic. You can listen to it for hours without feeling the need to take a break. It is also extremely comfortable.

Mar 26, 2020 at 6:00 AM Post #1,753 of 2,674
If you want a warmer sound with a non-fatiguing treble, a good choice would be the Amiron Home instead of the DT1990. It has excellent imaging, a vast soundstage, and is not bright at all. It has the ability to reveal all kinds of small details that are present in the music, but does so without any harshness. It is a rather unique headphone for Beyerdynamic. You can listen to it for hours without feeling the need to take a break. It is also extremely comfortable.

Agree the Amiron isn't bright at all, while it does have an elevated upper treble response it's not fatiguing, the actual tone of the headphone is not remotely bright. Honestly a thing I noticed with most headphones is they seem to get bright sounding after extended listening. This doesn't happen on the Amiron. It's one of the few headphones that doesn't sound brighter with extended use and that's one thing that sets it apart from most headphones.

Mar 26, 2020 at 6:03 AM Post #1,754 of 2,674
Thanks guys. Looks like Amiron Home is what i'm looking for. T1 50% more expensive. It still has an acceptable price but it's out of my league for now. How angled drivers of T1 affecting the sound btw ? They both marketed as ''audiophile'' headphones instead of studio like DT series. I guess T1 has superior driver. 600 ohm damping factor and 5-50000 hz fr response instead of 5-40000 of other tesla's.

Mar 26, 2020 at 6:14 AM Post #1,755 of 2,674
One thing I should note is the Amiron has a burn in time, but it is not insanely long. Out of the box, you will notice that it has a rather elevated mid bass response. This will start to reduce itself after around 8 hours use, and will continue to mellow until the headphone is completely burned in at around 55-60 hours use. The mid bass bump never disappears, but it becomes more in line to being appropriate with the overall signature of the headphone after burn in. Its bass is softer than the DT1990. It is not as punchy, tight, or dynamic. Saying that though, what the Amiron does offer is a wonderful, musical, and lush sound. From everything you have said, this is definitely a headphone you will be happy with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back