beyer t70 & t70p NEW!
May 8, 2012 at 10:57 AM Post #451 of 623
K550's soundstage trumps the other two by a good margin.  It's the least fatiguing of the three to listen to.  It has the best overall balance.  Only gripe I have is the fit.  I wish it clamped a little harder so I can get better isolation and better bass presence.  So far I like it better than the other two.  It really does have the soundstage of an open can.  Technically not as crystal clear as the T70 and doesn't have that kick in the bass of the 900's but it possess an even balance which I appreciate.  Very comfy also.  The isolation is on par with the other two and possibly better if you can achieve the right fit.  I listen to just about every kind of music and my collection is on shuffle all the time, so I've heard everything on them so far and find that it works with most genres better than the other two also.  I would recommend the K550 over the other two from aesthetics, comfort and sound all together.  Another thing to note is that the K550 is not as exciting as the other two.  Now, I'm just making this confusing and though.  Sorry.  

Thank you for the informative reply. :bigsmile_face:

Have you tried bending the head band to increase the clamping force and so the bass too?

Oh, and as I was reading your post I really got excited and I was all set to place an order....that's until I read your last sentence :D

May 8, 2012 at 5:48 PM Post #452 of 623
Quote:
Thank you for the informative reply.
bigsmile_face.gif

Have you tried bending the head band to increase the clamping force and so the bass too?
Oh, and as I was reading your post I really got excited and I was all set to place an order....that's until I read your last sentence
biggrin.gif

I tried bending the headband but it's very flexible so it takes a lot before it actually works so I stopped.  In all seriousness, the sound still is very good but when I put pressure on the cups, I get a little more bass presence.  Sorry to confuse you.  I tend to like all different kinds of headphones for their unique signatures but for your preferences once again, the Pro 900's seem like the best fit.  Please search and seek information from other threads and members for best information since I can be a little too erratic with my info.  I'm really trying to help though.  
tongue_smile.gif

Jun 4, 2012 at 1:50 AM Post #454 of 623
I was wanting to get the gel pads that everyone has been talking about, so could somebody please post a link? I want to make sure that I get the right ones. The ones that I am seeing look silver, where the image in my head is clear. Thanks!

Jun 4, 2012 at 4:13 AM Post #456 of 623
I got my Fiio E17 two weeks ago and paired it with my T70p, connected to my Sony laptop as source. The E17 made the T70p sounds a little bit warmer and darker, but that's OK to me as I used to listen to W4R a lot during my works and travels.

Jun 4, 2012 at 6:22 AM Post #457 of 623
Quote:
I was wanting to get the gel pads that everyone has been talking about, so could somebody please post a link? I want to make sure that I get the right ones. The ones that I am seeing look silver, where the image in my head is clear. Thanks!

I just sold gel pads here on Head-Fi, see for pictures:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/612863/sold-beyerdynamic-gel-ear-pads

You can buy them at http://www.pilotshop.nl/contents/en-uk/d225.html

Jun 4, 2012 at 8:54 AM Post #458 of 623
I wasn't prepared for the T70 to sound as loud and full as it did from an iPod nano on very low volumes. I was expecting there to be more difference between the T70p and T70. Alas, for portable use, a 3m cable isn't good. I wonder with different pads, if the T70 would isolate more.

I'm quite impressed by how 'portable' both cans are. I may go for the T70 and just reterminate it for portable use. No amp, no need.

Jun 4, 2012 at 2:56 PM Post #459 of 623
Quote:
I wasn't prepared for the T70 to sound as loud and full as it did from an iPod nano on very low volumes. I was expecting there to be more difference between the T70p and T70. Alas, for portable use, a 3m cable isn't good. I wonder with different pads, if the T70 would isolate more.

The Beyer gel pads will increase the isolation.  I've only head them on DT770s so I don't know how they sound would change but I'd assume they'd increase the bass on the T70s like they did on the 770s.

Jun 5, 2012 at 4:00 AM Post #461 of 623
Quote:

I'm quite impressed by how 'portable' both cans are. I may go for the T70 and just reterminate it for portable use. No amp, no need.

T70 is not a bad choice! You will love them. Choosing the T70 you might also find that when on a desktop amplifier they scale to amazing levels. The cable on T70p is too short for homeuse - for me at least :)

Jun 6, 2012 at 2:20 AM Post #462 of 623
Well, I will use them on a short leash. I have the DT880 600Ω already for home and a lot of others a quick loan away. I'm looking for something to use on winter commutes, so a long cable that I have to cut isn't what I want to do. I will probably save my pennies for the T5P. There are some good used prices here in Japan that aren't too (right...) much more expensive than the T70. I love each of them, but will probably just opt for the top one if I can uncover the dosh.

I'm not much of a headphone purchaser. I got lucky when I got my 2003 DT880 (which I sold when I moved countries) and then repurchased the DT880 2005 600Ω later. For home use, I'm all tucked in. 

Jun 9, 2012 at 4:15 PM Post #463 of 623
Have not really use my T70 since I got it, have maybe an hour on it 
Missing T1 , so I reach for the T70 and I am liking what I hear. I usually like more bass but Adele 21 is perfect for a day like this. 
v200/v800 (amp/DAC) are my choice today too
beerchug.gif

Jun 11, 2012 at 7:57 PM Post #464 of 623
Just ordered my t70's for $385, should get em in a few days. I'm probably going to get some leather ear pads, probably J money, instead of these gel pads people are raving about. Can't wait to be blown away :p

Jun 12, 2012 at 6:05 AM Post #465 of 623
Quote:
Just ordered my t70's for $385, should get em in a few days. I'm probably going to get some leather ear pads, probably J money, instead of these gel pads people are raving about. Can't wait to be blown away :p

Do not expect to be blown away by bass-impact if you listen to the genre of your nickname 
normal_smile .gif

T70 is everything else than a bass focused headphone....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back