beyer t70 & t70p NEW!
Apr 30, 2012 at 8:40 AM Post #436 of 623

Thanks for your quick review.

Looking at designbykai's comments too I think I'm more inclined to the T70, but I think I know what you mean that a lower resistance has a more 'direct' and easier to process sound overall.

designbykai says no sub-bass and the T5p definitely has sub-bass though, hmm... but he likes them with electronica... I'm curious...

Edit:  Another thing, you know the Etymotic ER-4P and ER-4S?  You can turn the ER-4P into the ER-4S with a cable, that might be the case here too, why not?

May 1, 2012 at 11:26 AM Post #437 of 623
I do not agree with those who say the T70/T70p have NO sub bass. I find that there IS sub-bass it just has not got that big impact as most people are used to from other headphones. Once you get your ears adjusted to the T70/T70p it is no issue at all.

I found almost exactly the same when I started listening to the Etymotic ER-4S. They in the beginning I missed the subbass but after adjusting to it I found that it was the impact I missed. The sub-bass is there.

May 1, 2012 at 5:57 PM Post #438 of 623
Quote:
I do not agree with those who say the T70/T70p have NO sub bass. I find that there IS sub-bass it just has not got that big impact as most people are used to from other headphones. Once you get your ears adjusted to the T70/T70p it is no issue at all.
I found almost exactly the same when I started listening to the Etymotic ER-4S. They in the beginning I missed the subbass but after adjusting to it I found that it was the impact I missed. The sub-bass is there.

The T70P's bass is perfect for my liking.  An amazing phone, stunning clarity with the perfect amount of sub-bass.  Couldn't ask for more.

May 1, 2012 at 6:07 PM Post #439 of 623
Hello DannyBai

I was hoping you may answer a few questions for me regarding the T70; I believe you have the Ultrasone Pro 900 too right? If so, may you please compare the sound stage between the two and whether you miss the bass impact of the Pro 900 in any way? I'm looking for a closed can for gaming, movies, metal, hip hop and rap and I am struggling with a decision. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

May 1, 2012 at 6:44 PM Post #440 of 623
Quote:
Hello DannyBai

I was hoping you may answer a few questions for me regarding the T70; I believe you have the Ultrasone Pro 900 too right? If so, may you please compare the sound stage between the two and whether you miss the bass impact of the Pro 900 in any way? I'm looking for a closed can for gaming, movies, metal, hip hop and rap and I am struggling with a decision. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

For your preferences, I think the Pro 900 is up your alley.  I really love the bass on the Pro 900's but it gets tiring after an hour or so.  They are both sibilant but the T70P is a notch more.  I'm really sensitive to sibilance though.  When I put on the T70P after listening to the Pro 900's, I don't necessarily miss the bass impact because my preference is sub-bass and the T70P's are very capable.  The T70P's bass stays put in the sub-bass region and the Pro 900's has that sub-bass but it reaches into the mids a bit.  Sounds more thick, if you can understand what I'm getting at.  The T70P has much better mids because the Pro 900 mids are recessed compared to the bass and treble.  Soundstage goes to the T70P.  It's definitely deeper but the width is similar but still in favor of the T70P.  I use the gel pads on the T70P and the silver pads on the Pro 900's so it does make a difference in my experience.  Overall, the Pro 900's are very fun and definitely more suited for your use I would think.  Hope that helps a bit.  

May 3, 2012 at 7:48 AM Post #441 of 623
Thanks very much DannyBai for the great, informative reply. I very much appreciate it.

So, in terms of the sound stage width, the T70 just edges the Pro 900, would you say?

May 3, 2012 at 12:44 PM Post #442 of 623
I love the sound these headphones produce but I'm not in love with the build quality and materials. I prefer the feel of my DT770's (which are more comparable to the T70's in regards to material and build than Beyer's T1 or T5p) over the T70's.

May 3, 2012 at 1:09 PM Post #443 of 623
Quote:
Thanks very much DannyBai for the great, informative reply. I very much appreciate it.

So, in terms of the sound stage width, the T70 just edges the Pro 900, would you say?

IMO, it does slightly.  I listened to both headphones a bit the last couple of days just to make sure what I'm hearing is correct.  

May 4, 2012 at 1:57 AM Post #445 of 623
I have the T70 since launch day while I like it, I am not too impressed at the sound vs. cost.  It's too much money for how it performs.  Maybe the T70p is better???

Curious, when I don't think that of the T5p.

Hmm... so, could you detail the T70 verus Sony ZX700 to get an idea?

May 4, 2012 at 5:29 AM Post #446 of 623
Quote:

Curious, when I don't think that of the T5p.

Hmm... so, could you detail the T70 verus Sony ZX700 to get an idea?

I am actually interested how it performs against ZX1000 which I know he also owns. So.. :p

May 7, 2012 at 2:43 PM Post #449 of 623
Thanks again DannyBai for the help and feedback.

I just read that you have the AKG K550 in your procession. In fact, these are one of the other headphones I am considering along with the Pro 900 and Beyer T70. Throwing the K550 into the mix, and taking into consideration my need for a closed can for gaming, movies, metal, hip hop and rap, how would you rate the K550? Is the sound stage that much greater than the Pro 900 that you would sacrifice the well-publicised bass of the Pro 900 for the K550s soundstage? How about comparing it to the T70? Is it even close technically?

Thank you in advance.

May 7, 2012 at 7:21 PM Post #450 of 623
Quote:
Thanks again DannyBai for the help and feedback.

I just read that you have the AKG K550 in your procession. In fact, these are one of the other headphones I am considering along with the Pro 900 and Beyer T70. Throwing the K550 into the mix, and taking into consideration my need for a closed can for gaming, movies, metal, hip hop and rap, how would you rate the K550? Is the sound stage that much greater than the Pro 900 that you would sacrifice the well-publicised bass of the Pro 900 for the K550s soundstage? How about comparing it to the T70? Is it even close technically?

Thank you in advance.

K550's soundstage trumps the other two by a good margin.  It's the least fatiguing of the three to listen to.  It has the best overall balance.  Only gripe I have is the fit.  I wish it clamped a little harder so I can get better isolation and better bass presence.  So far I like it better than the other two.  It really does have the soundstage of an open can.  Technically not as crystal clear as the T70 and doesn't have that kick in the bass of the 900's but it possess an even balance which I appreciate.  Very comfy also.  The isolation is on par with the other two and possibly better if you can achieve the right fit.  I listen to just about every kind of music and my collection is on shuffle all the time, so I've heard everything on them so far and find that it works with most genres better than the other two also.  I would recommend the K550 over the other two from aesthetics, comfort and sound all together.  Another thing to note is that the K550 is not as exciting as the other two.  Now, I'm just making this confusing and though.  Sorry.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back