beyer T50p: beyerdynamic Announces The T50p Portable Tesla Headphones
Jun 10, 2010 at 2:38 AM Post #287 of 866
Hi @all.

I really can not follow the impressions about the T50p being "nasal" this is definitifely not the case.

I had them during easter weekend and tried out a lot at home and out on the street. And they sounded right. Maybe it is a thing of " i heard them being nasal and i expect to hear this impression"...

My personal opinion: Fast, clear sound, maybe a little bit more deep mids could be nice, but this is personal impression. Maybe people expect here also a "WOW" factor....

Jun 10, 2010 at 3:42 AM Post #288 of 866
Quote:
Maybe it is a thing of " i heard them being nasal and i expect to hear this impression"...

Definitely not the case with independent impressions from guys on different forums in different languages.

Jun 10, 2010 at 8:19 AM Post #290 of 866
Of course I will also listen to them if I happen to get my hands on a pair.

Jun 13, 2010 at 5:37 AM Post #291 of 866
The Beyerdynamic website says: - Available by end of September - now. 

It used to be May. It makes me think that maybe Beyerdynamic wants to make last minute modifications since they haven't received the best reviews lately??? Of course it could be caused by lot of other reasons too... just my speculations. 

Jun 13, 2010 at 6:20 AM Post #292 of 866
website for ref: http://asia-pacific-india.beyerdynamic.com/shop/hah/headphones-and-headsets/at-home/music-pleasure.html
o looking forward to hear it

Jun 13, 2010 at 9:23 AM Post #293 of 866

Quote:
The Beyerdynamic website says: - Available by end of September - now. 

It used to be May. Of course it could be caused by lot of other reasons too... just my speculations. 

That's probably for the normal stock. Because from what I'm told pre-order ones will ship in a week or two. I'm trying to think positive here, because paying for something in May and receiving it in September doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Jun 14, 2010 at 7:42 AM Post #294 of 866
Hi @all

i did some underground research :wink:
The T50p's are produced and delivered actually - only the quantities are used at the time being to fulfill already placed orders - the demand for this headphone exceeded by far our expectations! THANK YOU ALL!

Regarding the issue of sound being a little bit "nasal": the placement of the headphones to the ears is important: when they are too high/low placed, the bass lacks a bit and this gives this impression. Placed correctly, the T50s deliver a natural sound, the mids are quite flat and neutral but a little bit forward. This is meant to deliver a fine resolution of sound also when listening at lower levels.

The earpads are also specially made with acoustical foam+ holes inside to minimize unwanted reflections from the pads.

Jun 14, 2010 at 8:44 AM Post #297 of 866

Quote:
I just found a PDF review on the web in German. If somebody could make a quick summary (especially regarding sound quality), It would be very nice :

http://pdfs.macrewind.de/Mac%20Rewind%20Ausgabe%20227.pdf

leather ear pads??
evil_smiley.gif

Jun 15, 2010 at 5:25 AM Post #298 of 866
Well, then I'll translate it for you:

-even tests with objective data can't replace individual testing, so try these headphones out before you buy them
-but they're still good enough to have a rough preselection
-the Beyerdynamic T1 are the authors reference headphones, so he tried the portable edition of them, the T50p
-the technique used to make these headphones outstanding is a modified strong magnetical system that creates the strongest magnetic forces (1,2 T) near the driver
-you don't have to worry about negative effects because the magnetic force on ear level is about 10 mT
-the system of the T1 was optimized to create a light inductive element with an high impedance; the system of the T50p was optimized for a highly effective sound without distortion (even at high volumes) -> difference in sound
-impedance: 32 ohm, 107 dB/1 mW, maximum: 127 dB/100 mW
-the price of 249€ is one of the highest ones for portable on-ear headphones (there is the Ultrasone Edition 8 with a similiar price though, which isn't as portable as the T50p)
-the headphones are in a big nylon bag, they are using a 3.5mm plug, an adaptor with an 6,3mm plug is included as well
-the headphones aren't foldable
-cable length is 1,20m, the headphones are very well adjustable to your headsize (some kind of snapping system)
-it's pressing with 2,5N against your head, enough to not fall off your head, but comfortable enough for listening music for hours
-there is a bit of noise leaking in and out, but less than most of other on-ears do
-very detailed sound with no distortion at high volumes
-neutral kind of sound if put on your head correctly
-of course it doesn't have as much detail as the T1, but you can clearly recognize them as similiar headphones via listening tests
-there is unfortunately some cable sound
-if you're a bass head, then equalize it to your likings
-weight: 174 g
-leather pads are used for maximum comfort

Users who are viewing this thread

Back