beyer T50p: beyerdynamic Announces The T50p Portable Tesla Headphones
Jun 15, 2010 at 11:32 AM Post #302 of 866
Jun 15, 2010 at 5:07 PM Post #303 of 866
Or when the cable moves around. A common problem of many in-ears, but also of some on-ears as well. The author said that this issue is one of the less things he complains about. I'd just fix the cable or put it under my shirt to reduce this effect.

Jun 18, 2010 at 2:25 AM Post #304 of 866

Quote:
The Beyerdynamic website says: - Available by end of September - now. 

It used to be May. It makes me think that maybe Beyerdynamic wants to make last minute modifications since they haven't received the best reviews lately??? Of course it could be caused by lot of other reasons too... just my speculations. 

I just checked the Beyerdyanmic site and though the t50p wasn't there before, now it's listed for purchase.  Does that mean it's out?  Or this another pre-order?  It didn't state it was a pre-order so I'm a bit confused.  I guess I just want to know when to expect these cans ;p

Jun 18, 2010 at 4:19 AM Post #305 of 866
Well - End of September.... Either this means that NO ONE recieves the T50p before End of September / Early October (shipping included) or it means that people ordering on the Beyerdynamic website will not recieve them before September because national distributors and dealers are having the first stock from now on? This is just my own speculations. I have no idea what is going on really. I just know that in the press-release form Beyerdynamic they stated that it would be available in May - and now the website says End of September.

Maybe someone somewhere has some inside informations who can provide more details?

Jun 18, 2010 at 4:36 AM Post #306 of 866
I tried them for 10 minutes for the store today, come to think of it I didn't really adjust the fit so I won't give sound quality impressions, but the metal build quality is really nice.

Jun 18, 2010 at 2:51 PM Post #307 of 866

Quote:
Well - End of September.... Either this means that NO ONE recieves the T50p before End of September / Early October (shipping included) or it means that people ordering on the Beyerdynamic website will not recieve them before September because national distributors and dealers are having the first stock from now on? This is just my own speculations. I have no idea what is going on really. I just know that in the press-release form Beyerdynamic they stated that it would be available in May - and now the website says End of September.

Maybe someone somewhere has some inside informations who can provide more details?

Thanks rasmushorn.  This whole release date is rather confusing.  I rather wait then get a bad product but for a company of their size, I'd think they'd be more on the ball about it.  When I looked through the order section of Beyer's website, it states they would ship in 4 weeks, so maybe they're coming sooner?  Then again I just got told that the football kit I ordered was sold out.  I wish they'd mark these things instead of telling me after they've taken my money.

Quote:
I tried them for 10 minutes for the store today, come to think of it I didn't really adjust the fit so I won't give sound quality impressions, but the metal build quality is really nice.

What store is this?  If this is in Manhattan and not Hong Kong then I need to run over there!

Jun 18, 2010 at 11:42 PM Post #308 of 866
Hong Kong unfortunately. Manhattan's retail headphone scene kind of sucks, there's no headphone specialty store, AC Gears and J&R don't count 
frown.gif

Jun 19, 2010 at 2:43 AM Post #310 of 866
Mingo. But dma-audio is also advertising that they have a pair for demos, and if you buy there, they have free cash coupons to celebrate their 6th anniversary 
biggrin.gif
 See? I'm no mingo shill. 

Jun 19, 2010 at 7:29 AM Post #312 of 866

Quote:
Mingo. But dma-audio is also advertising that they have a pair for demos, and if you buy there, they have free cash coupons to celebrate their 6th anniversary 
biggrin.gif
 See? I'm no mingo shill. 

Do you know what the price was at Mingo?  Where is dma-audio?  I bought my ATH-WS70 from another shop in that Wan-Chai electronics mall.  I'll have to read up some more on these HP, but the little bit that I read so far sounds pretty good.  I think I have a problem...

Jun 19, 2010 at 8:08 AM Post #314 of 866
Yep - link. I felt like they had the Beyer hot treble, I think Skylab said the same thing. The sound might be a bit thin, but I didn't try enough placement adjustments so definitely try that. 

Jun 19, 2010 at 8:44 AM Post #315 of 866
Yeah, and I only heard them through unfamiliar gear, and with unknown break-in.  So I will reserve judgment until my pair comes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back