beyer T50p: beyerdynamic Announces The T50p Portable Tesla Headphones
Jun 1, 2010 at 1:33 PM Post #271 of 866

Haha - I am not meaning big in that way, it is not the diameter of the cup but it is the thickness/height of the cups.:

They're just bad pictures that's all. Any over the ear headphone would look awkward from that angle behind the head. They could be weird looking but I can tell you that photographs like this can be very deceiving. I wouldn't judge them too critically from this.

Jun 1, 2010 at 3:33 PM Post #272 of 866
The PX100 doesnt look awkward from behind.

Jun 1, 2010 at 3:37 PM Post #273 of 866
They might be bigger than I thought. But other than that the rest of the design seems to be high class. 

Jun 1, 2010 at 11:31 PM Post #275 of 866
Regarding these previews, I say that patience is in order. Just because they can run off an iPhone doesn't mean that they won't scale very nicely with a good amp - I have strange suspicion that they may. I have high hopes for these cans.

Also I think that looks/thickness are fine. (But then I own the D77 eggos.)

Jun 2, 2010 at 2:21 AM Post #276 of 866

Quote:
They're just bad pictures that's all. Any over the ear headphone would look awkward from that angle behind the head. They could be weird looking but I can tell you that photographs like this can be very deceiving. I wouldn't judge them too critically from this.

not sure what you mean by 'bad angle'  its a pretty obvious honest angle from behind. 

Jun 2, 2010 at 6:07 AM Post #277 of 866
Jun 2, 2010 at 8:19 AM Post #279 of 866
tuesday, I had not. Thanks!

Quite a positive review. I like the descriptions of detail and bass. Lightness and isloation also are promising. Most important, they are Beyer fans and seem to feel that these perform as expected. Ah, the waiting...

Jun 2, 2010 at 8:21 AM Post #280 of 866
I hadn't at least, thanks. Not great detail in the impressions there, but promising that they found more clarity than the B&W P5, and a mention on isolation. I'm sure the sound of these will be good (worth the price is an entirely different matter), but my main concern is how much they will isolate, because I know there are plenty of closed back headphones (even portable) that have fairly poor isolation, even if enough that their own sound won't leak to annoyance when out in public.

Quote:
Found this:

http://blog.hifiheadphones.co.uk/2010/05/26/beyerdynamic-t50p-headphones-a-bw-p5-beater/

Maybe you've already seen it?

Jun 2, 2010 at 3:04 PM Post #281 of 866

Quote:
not sure what you mean by 'bad angle'  its a pretty obvious honest angle from behind. 

What I mean is that a picture like that doesn't necessarily reflect how they look in person.  You're only seeing one angle, stationary.  In real life, you get a 3D picture as the person moves, if they look funny from one angle, it won't matter as much because that one frame gets mixed in with lots of others at diferrent angles, just like a movie.  and something that sticks out like that may not look the same.

Its cool if you don't believe me doesn't really matter we'll see these soon enough.  I've just spent a lot of years looking at pictures so have picked up a thing or two

Jun 9, 2010 at 12:08 PM Post #284 of 866

Quote (odigg):
Beyer T50P – I don’t know where to begin.  More than anything, it doesn’t sound right.  Everything sounds “tinny” and weird.  Ever heard a nasal saxophone?  I can’t recommend this to anybody.  I’ll bet some people who preordered are going to be very unhappy. 

Read similar impressions of some german guys. :frowning2:

Jun 9, 2010 at 1:45 PM Post #285 of 866
Hmm.. lets see how they sound when they arrive. I wonder if they have been fully burned in and properly amplified? I can not believe that Beyerdynamic will sell a bad T50p which does not sound right. It could work as a door-opener for many new customers who might like the sound of the T50p and then might want to buy the T1. So if it does not sound good enough they might loose business on that account. It shall be interesting to receive it.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back