Best vehicle to live in?
May 1, 2009 at 7:21 PM Post #16 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by apatN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh no. Hippies..

VWs and road trips are not just for hippies. We were a bunch of young punk rockers at the time. Hated the Grateful Dead.

May 1, 2009 at 7:27 PM Post #17 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by iamoneagain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
VWs and road trips are not just for hippies. We were a bunch of young punk rockers at the time. Hated the Grateful Dead.

I am sorry, punk rocker.

May 1, 2009 at 7:28 PM Post #18 of 82
Watch "Into the Wild"
smily_headphones1.gif

May 1, 2009 at 7:34 PM Post #19 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by guyx1992 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Watch "Into the Wild"
smily_headphones1.gif

Great movie and will actually make you want to follow Uncle Erik's advice to be prepared. I, on the other hand, could have turned out like the movie although I never cared about camping back then. Just road trips and living in different cities.

May 1, 2009 at 8:06 PM Post #20 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by guyx1992 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Watch "Into the Wild"
smily_headphones1.gif

Good movie. Sad and good. And I agree with iamoneagain, if it's going to be a long-term thing (which it is) just jumping into it too hastily is a bad idea. Winding up dead or homeless isn't really my plan
wink.gif

May 1, 2009 at 8:08 PM Post #21 of 82
Really good responses and info guys, thanks. Cool
smily_headphones1.gif

A buddy of mine at work just had a good point... what do you do about mail? P.O Box or...?

Also how the heck do you run a fridge, isn't that going to kill the car battery and alternator even if they are really tough ones? Unless I left the car on all the time......

May 1, 2009 at 8:26 PM Post #23 of 82
I would also agree with the Westie (vw) or you may wanna try a truck with a camper shell. The good thing about having the truck is you can take your adventure offroad while the VW won't make it pass a parking lot. Good luck and happy trails.

May 1, 2009 at 8:51 PM Post #24 of 82
May 1, 2009 at 10:22 PM Post #27 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sduibek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm... the Westfalia is pretty small guys. Could a person seriously live in that thing? I think I was envisioning something more like this:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...4-97RamVan.JPG

Also i've never trecked around so I don't know what "works" obviously
wink.gif

The VW might actually give you more room than that van. You'll notice that the engine is actually in the back on the VW allowing the seating to be right up front. Also with the poptop, you have the extra space for sleeping. As I said, I never lived in mine, only spent a fews days here and there and was fine.

One more thing is the VW is already setup with fridge, stovetop, bed, and cabinets. Just a matter of finding one in good condition with everything still working.

May 1, 2009 at 10:50 PM Post #30 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by iamoneagain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One more thing is the VW is already setup with fridge, stovetop, bed, and cabinets.

Oh, true. forgot about that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back