Best vehicle to live in?
May 5, 2009 at 7:44 PM Post #76 of 82
I once saw a show where they showcased $1,000,000+ traitors at this traitor park!

May 5, 2009 at 10:33 PM Post #77 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But you're looking to live in a van...ok, whatever then

Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't worry about the OP, he thinks RVs are for trailer trash.

Hey dude I was only half serious... I wasn't trying to put anyone out or spoil the mood
frown.gif

I apologize if I pushed any buttons. As usual I am probably going to eat my words anyway (I make hasty observations with various things) so rest assured that I am most likely wrong -- or at least if I am right, like somebody else said they are probably still nice people
o2smile.gif

Although, that being said I haven't had much luck with people who live in manufactured homes, but maybe that is a different "crowd"?
EDIT: Oh no now I look like a multi-faceted bigot. Stop me while i'm ahead!!! lol
EDIT2: The edit wasn't meant to be mocking anyone, btw. You know, travelling around will be interesting in a way I didn't think of before; I will probably gain a lot of insight and different perspectives on various groups of people. Cool!

Quote:

Originally Posted by NightOwl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll have to tell my retired brother-in-law who tours North America in his $120,000. Gulfstream that he's considered Trailer Park trash.
biggrin.gif

Yeah, I should have said that i've seen lots of trashy folk around in RVs here... I saw one the other day that was boarded up with plywood to keep it together, no joke.

May 5, 2009 at 10:51 PM Post #78 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
WalMart, Target and K-Mart are all fine with RVs spending the night, although it's always best to check with the store manager on night duty.[snip]

Very good advice and information on this practice, thank you! I will definitely keep all of that in mind especially as far as truck stops and whatnot.

<R> But, I feel I must say that I will do my best to never use a WalMart parking lot. I don't want to support that corporation. Pretty much any awful thing a corporation can do that you can think of, WalMart has done and continues to do. I rolled my eyes at this stuff when people started telling me about it, but it's real and it's really really bad. So I don't want to shop there, use their facilities, etc. I am really disgusted with the fact that companies can get away with murder (so to speak) and not pay the price for it. It blows my mind what people are willing to do for money and profits, and what little it seems we can do to fight it, how little the public (as a whole) cares about it, and how willing politicians are to take money from lobbyists to look the other way. Okay, thus ends my rant. </R>

May 5, 2009 at 11:05 PM Post #79 of 82
I know you want to do all the States but if you're planning on doing this at the end of the year, it probably the wrong time to start. Seems springtime would be perfect. Something you could think about doing around Nov-Feb is going to Southeast Asia. Other than the ticket price, it is so cheap to live there. There's not many Americans but you will find many young Europeans that spend months there. You can find food for less than $5 and room & board for less than $10 a day. I think you can only stay in one country for a month at a time but all you have to do is cross the boarder to a neighboring country. This is due to visa issues. Anyway, just a suggestion.

I only visited Thailand and Napel for 2-3 week periods but met many who had already been there for 2-3 months. Many also do charity work helping children groups. Also had a friend from San Francisco that did a 3 month trip and loved it.

May 7, 2009 at 3:45 AM Post #80 of 82
Punch-Buggy_Toaster!!!! *punches your arm* (Whoevers arm).
biggrin.gif

The Official Rules for PUNCH BUGGY

Local rules allow VW Vans, slang=toaster.

Bug= buggy
popeye= a car with one headlight
Pacer= fishbowl

Being there arent many Pacers on the road, people have been substituting/adding Mini-Coopers and MGB's too.

May 7, 2009 at 4:04 AM Post #81 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Punch-Buggy_Toaster!!!! *punches your arm* (Whoevers arm).
biggrin.gif

The Official Rules for PUNCH BUGGY

Local rules allow VW Vans, slang=toaster.

Bug= buggy
popeye= a car with one headlight
Pacer= fishbowl

Being there arent many Pacers on the road, people have been substituting/adding Mini-Coopers and MGB's too.

I had a friend in high school who used to slap his hand across the forehead of whomever his front seat passenger was whenever he saw a "Stop Ahead" sign. It was kind of funny actually, because he would scream out, "I've got to stop a head!" Ok, it was funny in a 'high school funny' kind of way. I do it now whenever I have one of my nieces or nephews in the front seat.

May 7, 2009 at 4:56 AM Post #82 of 82
I know the worst would be a Honda Del-Sol. The best, anything custom made for Shaq seems like it would have plenty of room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back