Best Value IEM's Under $200
Mar 4, 2013 at 8:04 AM Post #17 of 31
The TF10s would be a solid choice and I think for under $200 the BA200 and the SM2 would be interesting choices as well, what with their unique sound signature and staging.

Mar 4, 2013 at 8:49 AM Post #18 of 31
I had turbines.  I hated them!  I should be clear, I won them at a sales training, so I paid nothing.  I mention this because, without having anything invested, my thoughts have no bias.  They had minimal bass (surprised me), and they were uncomfortable.
look into AKG, they have some nice ones.
I would also recommend Polk Ultrafit 6000.  Defend bass, a ton of tips (including memory foam), and they are active noise canceling.
i sell Monster products and have won a ton of it.  I can't recommend anything by them, from cheap isms to $400 power centers.  They are all cheaply made and are based on marketing hype.  Look elsewhere...

Mar 4, 2013 at 8:50 AM Post #19 of 31
Quote:
I had turbines.  I hated them!  I should be clear, I won them at a sales training, so I paid nothing.  I mention this because, without having anything invested, my thoughts have no bias.  They had minimal bass (surprised me), and they were uncomfortable.
look into AKG, they have some nice ones.
I would also recommend Polk Ultrafit 6000.  Defend bass, a ton of tips (including memory foam), and they are active noise canceling.
i sell Monster products and have won a ton of it.  I can't recommend anything by them, from cheap isms to $400 power centers.  They are all cheaply made and are based on marketing hype.  Look elsewhere...

*decent bass*

Mar 4, 2013 at 9:41 AM Post #20 of 31
Atrio MG7, without a doubt. Use the coupon code CostProg50% and you get 50% off on their site. Best bass quality/quantity in the ~$200 range and the highs are crisp and detailed with a decent soundstage, but with the coupon code you can get them for ~$100. Trust me, that's the way to go. I have the Turbines as well and the Atrio MG7 is better in every way. 

Mar 4, 2013 at 1:29 PM Post #21 of 31
i bought a pair of turbines off ebay, they had a bad 3.5mm jack, i reterminated them to a new 3.5mm jack, i bought them for 9.99 off ebay free shipping, ihad 5.00 in the new jack...15.00 total investment. these are authentic turbines....... i bought them while my shure se530's were at btgaudio.... so the turbines held me over till i got my 530s back

my initial thoughts for the turbines were the bass was very emphasized i didnt think it was overpowering but definitly full emphasized bass...highs and mids werent bad...i definitly thought the turbines were good for how much i had in them, but definitly didnt think they would be worth the msrp...

now i got bored while waiting for my se530's and a pair of ultimate ears tf10 pros came up here for a great price so i moved on those..

when i got the tf10s in coming from the turbines, i was blown away by the tf10s, the turbines sounded muffled in the mids and definitly muffled in the highs, it sounded like i was listening to headphones behind a wall with the turbines compared to the tf10s.

ive owned the shure se535 bronze and se535 reds and felt like the tf10s were on par with the shure se535 series as far as sound quality goes....the sound quality of the tf10s sounded on par with headphones in the 550.00 range easy.

tf10s highs are crystal clear and sparkle, the mids are slightly recessed but of quality....the lows are tight and full of presence without being overwhelming to the mids or highs.

i agree with others in the post that the tf10 would be extremely hard to beat for the sound quality vs price.

the tf10s though BLOW the turbines high performance OUT of the water without any question....

Mar 4, 2013 at 1:38 PM Post #22 of 31
^^ Yeah, as long as the OP can find the TF10 sound signature to their liking and find the right set of tips to their liking the TF10 would be very difficult to beat in sheer price/performance ratio.

Mar 4, 2013 at 4:01 PM Post #23 of 31
This thread is two years old.  Pretty sure you can stop referencing the OP.

And the Turbines were good...TWO years ago.  Muuuuuuch better options for bass oriented sub 200 headphones.  VSonic GR07 Bass Edition being the best IMO.

Mar 4, 2013 at 6:35 PM Post #24 of 31
Quote:

And the Turbines were good...TWO years ago.  Muuuuuuch better options for bass oriented sub 200 headphones.  VSonic GR07 Bass Edition being the best IMO.

Pretty sure the Turbines weren't that good TWO years ago. I've been having them and they're decent, but "good" is an overstatement. The GR07 BE sounds interesting, though. Have you compared them to the Atrio MG7? 

BTW, I was messing with you in the first sentence. I couldn't contain myself.

Mar 5, 2013 at 3:08 PM Post #25 of 31
^turbine golds are good, still are... dunno bout regular turbines, but yea better options

JVC fxz-200's!!! bout $200 off tenso/amazon jp

Mar 5, 2013 at 3:44 PM Post #26 of 31
I'd say the Ortofon e-Q5 is imo the best value under $200 (if you go through Tenso and get them from Amazon Japan its like $165).  They have good clean detailed bass with a fast dynamic driver sound and smooth detailed and a bit forward mids along with a spacious soundstage.  I'm so glad I got another pair after I sold mine to help fund another IEM purchase because the e-Q5 sounds great, just as good as the SM3 V2 I have imo.

May 8, 2013 at 11:25 PM Post #30 of 31
Quote:
why no triple fi 10?

Vocals are boring and hidden IMO. Also, major comfort issues for this guy.

Quote:

Seller sent me the GR07 Bass despite my hoping they were MKII's (review said they were, pictures had grey cable). I gotta admit...these things are FUN. Def too much bass for me, tho. I feel like little explosions are going off in my head.
basshead.gif

Quote:
The GR07 Mk. II, Fischer Audio DBA-02, and Rock-It Sounds R-50 are in a class of their own in the sub-$200 IEM realm. You don't need to look any farther. 

If I were to call the HD580's boring, the Grado 325i's exciting, and love the soundstage/spacial/instrument separation of the Q701's...which of those would you pick? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back