BEST VALUE ''around 100-300$'' CHIFI & NEWCOMERS IEM with REFERENCE List (no BIG brands here)
Nov 23, 2019 at 3:02 PM Post #332 of 592
Yeah....unique elegant look.
More similar to a jewelry than and iem in fact lol

It's INCREDIBLY Heavy as well! Heaviest earphone i ever own. (earhook isnt a luxury here but an obligation otherwise OH10 will fall fromyour ears)

I really like the sound, slightly V shape but with extremely clear and foward mid range. Bass is more balanced and realist than IKKO Oh1, less bass head, and very fast and realist, listening to slap bass or acoustic bass is very fascinating and attention seeking. Imaging is sharp. And this treble, so deliciously sparkly. Vivid HD sound experience.

I unequivocally agree with this assessment of Ikko's OH10. And I love Ikko the company.. i've posted this before but I'll do it again. 3ish months ago I contacted Ikko via email asking if they could sell me the right-side shell only of their new OH10 (i'm permenatnly deaf in 1 ear) for a discount. They responded by saying they would create a new upgraded, uniquely tuned single-side version of their OH10 and mail it to me for free. It took them about 2 months, but they finished it eventually and mailed it to me via DHL... all for freaking free. It's awesome, definitely the best sounding iem i've listed to. The single-side cable they created features only 1 2-pin connector so i don't have to deal with the other unused connector that dangles around in every other IEM i use. Shout-out to ikko because i've never seen another company take customer service to such great heights

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2019 at 3:08 PM Post #333 of 592
I unequivocally agree with this assessment of Ikko's OH10. And I love Ikko the company.. i've posted this before but I'll do it again. 3ish months ago I contacted Ikko via email asking if they could sell me the right-side shell only of their new OH10 (i'm permenatnly deaf in 1 ear) for a discount. They responded by saying they would create a new upgraded, uniquely tuned single-side version of their OH10 and mail it to me for free. It took them about 2 months, but they finished it eventually and mailed it to me via DHL... all for freaking free. It's awesome, definitely the best sounding iem i've listed to. The single-side cable they created features only 1 2-pin connector so i don't have to deal with the other unused connector that dangles around in every other IEM i use. Shout-out to ikko because i've never seen another company take customer service to such great heights

Wow, I love this story. Beautiful.

Nov 23, 2019 at 3:09 PM Post #334 of 592
That's bloody awesome. I wasn't going to get a pair but now I will. Can't put a price on that, especially in the time we live in where every company just cares about money.

Nov 23, 2019 at 3:21 PM Post #336 of 592
Nov 23, 2019 at 3:44 PM Post #337 of 592
Nice man.
Can you please share a pic of this awesome creation??
I'm curious to see your type of audio gear.
Really compassionate from IKKO=RESPECT. And i'm happy it bring you joy too!

PS: I tremendously enjoy them!!!!!!!!!!!

sure here you go.. i'm definitely not a professional photographer but here they are. It's essentially the same shell as the OH10 i believe, but the tuning was "updated and improved" according to Ikko. The custom cable they created with only a single 2-pin connector is awesome and hard to appreciate unless you've been annoyed by dangling/unused 2pin or mmcx connectors all your life lol

20191123_153942.jpg
20191123_154031.jpg
20191123_154053.jpg

Attachments

• 20191123_154023.jpg
    20191123_154023.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20191123_154013.jpg
    20191123_154013.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 23, 2019 at 4:53 PM Post #338 of 592
I absolutely adore the OH10. I've had them for about a week and a half now. And that's really cool @Orthanc - always like to see it when a company is willing to go the extra mile like that.

Nov 23, 2019 at 5:55 PM Post #339 of 592
sure here you go.. i'm definitely not a professional photographer but here they are. It's essentially the same shell as the OH10 i believe, but the tuning was "updated and improved" according to Ikko. The custom cable they created with only a single 2-pin connector is awesome and hard to appreciate unless you've been annoyed by dangling/unused 2pin or mmcx connectors all your life lol

Wow man, so happy for you, they look GORGEOUS!!

Perhaps they work Mono sound tuning approach(?), don't know...but I must admit I find very inspiring both Your and Ikko audiophile story.

I have OH10 in my ears right now, and while they are a full pair, they say to you: we are in the same brotherhood. :wink::wink:

Continue enjoying music bro! Never give up. Perhaps using Mono stuffs can improve your quest too.

Cheers!

Nov 23, 2019 at 7:02 PM Post #340 of 592
Wow man, so happy for you, they look GORGEOUS!!

Perhaps they work Mono sound tuning approach(?), don't know...but I must admit I find very inspiring both Your and Ikko audiophile story.

I have OH10 in my ears right now, and while they are a full pair, they say to you: we are in the same brotherhood. :wink::wink:

Continue enjoying music bro! Never give up. Perhaps using Mono stuffs can improve your quest too.

Cheers!

You know I've tried using the mono sound setting for my samsung s9+ on my old IEM's, but it always felt like the mono setting flattened the sound just a tad. But now with ikko's single side iem, i can listen using the stereo sound setting and everything sounds proper :)

also Ikko has new model coming out soon, i saw their facebook post about it recently.. apparently its design is insipired by the golden hall of vienna or something like that. The shell is a completely different design more akin to traditional earbuds

Nov 24, 2019 at 1:26 AM Post #341 of 592
You know I've tried using the mono sound setting for my samsung s9+ on my old IEM's, but it always felt like the mono setting flattened the sound just a tad. But now with ikko's single side iem, i can listen using the stereo sound setting and everything sounds proper :)

also Ikko has new model coming out soon, i saw their facebook post about it recently.. apparently its design is insipired by the golden hall of vienna or something like that. The shell is a completely different design more akin to traditional earbuds

IKKO looks like they have a good heart and are not just out to earn money, respect. I don't own any of their lineup but maybe at the next sale I will consider supporting them.

The new model is the IKKO OH7. Looks nice, but the impedance is 90 ohms though, I think it will need an amp for sure.

75247449_798846937241324_5286989842410897408_n.jpg

Nov 24, 2019 at 4:51 AM Post #342 of 592
IKKO looks like they have a good heart and are not just out to earn money, respect. I don't own any of their lineup but maybe at the next sale I will consider supporting them.

The new model is the IKKO OH7. Looks nice, but the impedance is 90 ohms though, I think it will need an amp for sure.

I also want to support IKKO for their big heart. I respect their move by giving @Orthanc special gift. Just their OH1 and OH10 v shaped signature isn't my thing. I heard them before, I like their bass texture and articulation though. Hopefully they will come with more balance signature while maintaining great texture quality of their bass. And sorry but OH7 looks also not my taste.

Nov 24, 2019 at 9:21 AM Post #343 of 592
i'm waiting for my oBravo Cupid Basic to arrive....I have big expectations about them due to dual planar+DD implementation.

any tough about them here??

as well, did the ibasso IT01S are THAT better than IT01 (wich i found meh)???

Nov 24, 2019 at 2:05 PM Post #344 of 592
i'm waiting for my oBravo Cupid Basic to arrive....I have big expectations about them due to dual planar+DD implementation.

any tough about them here??

as well, did the ibasso IT01S are THAT better than IT01 (wich i found meh)???

Obravo has been atracting a lot of heat lately... Judging by Crinacle's and Toranku's opinions, seems their products are pretty bad.

Nov 24, 2019 at 2:16 PM Post #345 of 592
damn....this Crinacle kinda review pass under my radar...not the 10 000$ one...but now I just see the graph and i'm scare ALOT.

''
INITIAL IMPRESSIONS
  • No sugarcoating here, the Cupid is not a good IEM.
  • Bass suffers from overly-blunted attack and bleeds significantly into the midrange.
  • Midrange tonality is very off and does not sound natural. It’s shouty yet muffled at the same time; very very odd.
  • There seems to be coherency issues, particularly at the crossover point between the dynamic driver woofer and the planar tweeter that manifest themselves as high-Q phase cancellations.
  • Treble tonality is all sorts of wrong. Probably the worst part of the Cupids.''

Cupid-S3-1024x498.jpg

Gotta be sick of all these BS reviewer-hyper-promoter-influencer-bad-ears.

I try to be a Crinacle....without graph. But i use graph to conclude if my ears are super bad, wich isnt the case most of time. These look like crazy dry, harsh mids. Anyway, I guess it will be a very short journey between me and the oBravo then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back