BEST VALUE ''around 100-300$'' CHIFI & NEWCOMERS IEM with REFERENCE List (no BIG brands here)
Sep 27, 2019 at 10:24 AM Post #271 of 592
Hey I'm looking for an iem similar to the it01 but is considered an upgrade in the 150-200 dollars.
Which would you guys recommend?

I also have the IT01, and I asked myself that same question. I pulled the trigger on the Moondrop Kxxs, I didn't regret it. Despite having a different sound signature than IT01.
Kxxs is an all-round upgrade compared to IT01, the sound has more definition and detail, the bass is much better on Kxxs.
Price of Kxxs U $ 190

Sep 28, 2019 at 11:33 PM Post #272 of 592
I am thinking of the Sony XBA-N3, which has a similar signature and is a big step up, but it's quite a bit above your budget at $300

I also have the IT01, and I asked myself that same question. I pulled the trigger on the Moondrop Kxxs, I didn't regret it. Despite having a different sound signature than IT01.
Kxxs is an all-round upgrade compared to IT01, the sound has more definition and detail, the bass is much better on Kxxs.
Price of Kxxs U $ 190
Thanks you. I went with the anew u1. Many good reviews.

Oct 1, 2019 at 10:53 AM Post #273 of 592
Gotta agree with him, they sound sweet with rock music and acoustic. But the package as a whole - silver cable, Bluetooth cable, case etc..... is outstanding! As for looks, what can I say :)

0a496e9e-173f-4c19-ac36-4e1769980261

What are your thoughts now that you have had these for three months? I was gifted with a pair yesterday and I have to say I am impressed. Comfort and sound. I have no need for the blue tooth cable but my husband can try it with something else if he wants to. I wish they had included a copper balanced cable instead as a second cable... or had a choice.

It is smaller than I would have thought but it fits me nicely.

Mine is color 04 Mystery. Is yours the one called Lavendar? If it had been up to me to choose the color I am not sure what I would have ended up with ... so many nice ones. I would probably still be trying to make a decision:) I have a feeling they are all more beautiful in person than they are on the screen. I don't think many people have them yet. Very few orders on any of the stores.

Peacock Audio P1
10360967.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2019 at 10:53 AM Post #274 of 592
Price of Kxxs U $ 190

I'm so torn between the KXXS and the 'new' it01s (not plural :p ). I feel like the iBasso is a bit more trustworthy and the cable seems nicer, especially since it's balanced with the adapter for 3.5. Are the KXXS so much better really? Too bad I don't have a chance to try them myself and have a feel for them, not only in sound but in comfort as well.

Oct 3, 2019 at 11:00 AM Post #275 of 592
I'm so torn between the KXXS and the 'new' it01s (not plural :p ). I feel like the iBasso is a bit more trustworthy and the cable seems nicer, especially since it's balanced with the adapter for 3.5. Are the KXXS so much better really? Too bad I don't have a chance to try them myself and have a feel for them, not only in sound but in comfort as well.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chinese-asian-brand-iem-info-thread.820747/page-1802#post-15221954

There's a nice video by BGGAR in this thread that compares the current hypetrain CHIFI single DD IEMs. KXXS is inside the vid, but no iBassos inside.

In this vid, the BLON BL-03 is like the biggest hypetrain and is comparable in tuning to the KXXS, and it only costs $28 - 30 USD!!
I recieved my BLON BL-03 today and am still testing and burning in, but it is superb value for money. Harmanish tuning, non fatiguing, great tonality and timbre, open soundstage and nice midbass. But unfortunately the stock tips +/- stock cables need to be replaced, as the nozzle is short and a longer eartip like spinfits will improve the sound tremendously. It's worth a punt for the cheap price if u can tiproll IMHO.

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2019 at 3:09 PM Post #276 of 592
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chinese-asian-brand-iem-info-thread.820747/page-1802#post-15221954

There's a nice video by BGGAR in this thread that compares the current hypetrain CHIFI single DD IEMs. KXXS is inside the vid, but no iBassos inside.

In this vid, the BLON BL-03 is like the biggest hypetrain and is comparable in tuning to the KXXS, and it only costs $28 - 30 USD!!
I recieved my BLON BL-03 today and am still testing and burning in, but it is superb value for money. Harmanish tuning, non fatiguing, great tonality and timbre, open soundstage and nice midbass. But unfortunately the stock tips +/- stock cables need to be replaced, as the nozzle is short and a longer eartip like spinfits will improve the sound tremendously. It's worth a punt for the cheap price if u can tiproll IMHO.

Thank you for your reply and suggestions. I might actually give the BLONs a serious try since it seems to cost next to nothing to set them up correctly, and even if another pair is better and there's a need for an 'upgrade' or whatever, they can always serve as a second pair. Great! Now I have a plan at least :D Thanks!

Oct 4, 2019 at 8:53 PM Post #277 of 592
Thank you for your reply and suggestions. I might actually give the BLONs a serious try since it seems to cost next to nothing to set them up correctly, and even if another pair is better and there's a need for an 'upgrade' or whatever, they can always serve as a second pair. Great! Now I have a plan at least :D Thanks!

Yep, I really like the BLON BL-03. I'm comparing it to my other single DD IEMs (toneking nine tails, TFZ No. 3, Semkarch SKC CNT1), and it more than holds its own against these, even though it is < $30 USD. It does everything very well, though maybe it is not the king in a particular area.
The only cons I can tell so far is the lousy cable/tips as above (which necessitate getting other sets), and the isolation is slightly below average. It scales better with an AMP, but can be driven from smartphone.
The timbre and tonality is the best I have heard in a single DD, more than my previous goldstandard (toneking ninetails). Seriously worth a try at the cost.

Oct 18, 2019 at 9:22 PM Post #279 of 592
Hi @NymPHONOmaniac I saw your excellent review of the Audiosense T800 and BQEYZ Spring 1. How would u compare the 2?
I'm quite interested in the Spring 1, especially since 11/11 is coming up.
Thanks in advance!

Oct 18, 2019 at 9:25 PM Post #280 of 592
so is the Toneking T800 this year's pot of gold?
getting ready for 11/11

Oct 19, 2019 at 8:00 AM Post #281 of 592
Oct 19, 2019 at 1:33 PM Post #282 of 592
Hi @NymPHONOmaniac I saw your excellent review of the Audiosense T800 and BQEYZ Spring 1. How would u compare the 2?
I'm quite interested in the Spring 1, especially since 11/11 is coming up.
Thanks in advance!
Both are excellent....but T800 is warmer, with more holographic and layered imaging, weightier impact from low to highs. Timbre is softer and less textured than Spring1. Treble extend further and deliver more microdetails. T800 is slightly more V shape plus extra treble sharpness while Spring oneis more W with tamed upper treble. Overall T800 is more muscular, thicker with deeper soundstage. Vocal sound more bodied as well, while Spring1 have a flatter, more panoramic mid range.

For electronic I prefer T800, for rock i prefer how electric guitar sound with Spring1.

Both are keeper that will stay with me forever.

Oct 19, 2019 at 3:31 PM Post #283 of 592
Both are excellent....but T800 is warmer, with more holographic and layered imaging, weightier impact from low to highs. Timbre is softer and less textured than Spring1. Treble extend further and deliver more microdetails. T800 is slightly more V shape plus extra treble sharpness while Spring oneis more W with tamed upper treble. Overall T800 is more muscular, thicker with deeper soundstage. Vocal sound more bodied as well, while Spring1 have a flatter, more panoramic mid range.

For electronic I prefer T800, for rock i prefer how electric guitar sound with Spring1.

Both are keeper that will stay with me forever.

yup
both are on my AE wish list with several others hope they go on discount

Oct 19, 2019 at 5:45 PM Post #284 of 592
yup
both are on my AE wish list with several others hope they go on discount
for Spring1, you can have a 20$ discount by saying your from headfi.

for T800....hum, not sure....cause from what I know they make extremely low profit from each sale so they never plan making discount, but perhaps 11/11 is an exception.

Nov 20, 2019 at 12:47 PM Post #285 of 592
Okay...we need more suggestions here....because IMO the 100-300$ price range is the only one you can find END GAME audiophile bargain.

Sure, Audiosense T800 still is the unbeatable one.

Tin Hifi P1 is rather....meh.

Vsonic VS9 is good but dont worth 2 times the price of VS7.

Spring1 still is excellent.

AND AND AND THE IKKO OH10 LOOK LIKE TO BE INCREDIBLE FROMMY FIRST IMPRESSIONS. If you love the OH1 but feel balance was a little off, bass too sub centric and vocal timbre kinda artificial....OH10 is a big upgrade and solve all OH1 issue without sacrifiing bassyliciousness. I have big expectation and they surpass it. Its more vivid and detailed than Oh1 but strangely less harsh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back