BEST VALUE ''around 100-300$'' CHIFI & NEWCOMERS IEM with REFERENCE List (no BIG brands here)
Aug 26, 2019 at 2:25 PM Post #241 of 592
I can listen to the DQ4 for hours, without fatigue. They definitely are detailed and with an upper mids, lower treble emphasis, but not so much that it is painful or fatiguing. Your mileage may vary though, depending on the sound signature that you're most used to. I tend to gravitate to a more dark sound signature, but the DQ4 have changed my interests to the point that I now struggle to listen to one of my iem's that are tuned with a darker signature. They now sound kind of muddy, or veiled in comparison to the DQ4's.

How interesting, for me it's almost the opposite. I prefer more neutral/leaner sound signatures and the DQ4 is one of the more bassy IEMs I have tried out recently. But the way the bass is controlled yet powerful and without being overpowering or boomy is what made me enjoy these so much. The bass is very well balanced in the sound signature. It seems like they're a good middle ground for bass- and detail- heads alike.

Aug 26, 2019 at 2:49 PM Post #242 of 592
How interesting, for me it's almost the opposite. I prefer more neutral/leaner sound signatures and the DQ4 is one of the more bassy IEMs I have tried out recently. But the way the bass is controlled yet powerful and without being overpowering or boomy is what made me enjoy these so much. The bass is very well balanced in the sound signature. It seems like they're a good middle ground for bass- and detail- heads alike.
I love my bass and need my details, these still seems like a good candidate.

Aug 30, 2019 at 4:21 PM Post #243 of 592
Has anyone ordered the Magaosi DQ4 from the Aliexpress sale on currently? I ordered a pair from EE Audio two days ago and i just noticed they sent me a message asking me to cancel my order claiming the DQ4 is no longer in production and they do not have stock to fulfill orders. There were 4 sellers for the DQ4 on Aliexpress but all of the listings has since been removed, though i much suspect they are one and same seller.

I am pretty much done with Aliexpress. Ordered a pair of **** **** back in march and seller failed to send out the item after a week. Contacted the seller and was given some cock and bull excuse about how they had to conduct stringent QC check on every single item before sending them out, thus longer processing time was needed. And back in February, i ordered a pair BGVP DMG champagne filters and the seller issued a fake tracking number which didn't show in the system after 2 weeks. Subsequently, the seller tried to pull another fast one by asking me to accept a paypal refund instead of processing it within Aliexpress. Maybe its just my luck but its one too many bad experience for me.

Aug 30, 2019 at 11:20 PM Post #244 of 592
Has anyone ordered the Magaosi DQ4 from the Aliexpress sale on currently? I ordered a pair from EE Audio two days ago and i just noticed they sent me a message asking me to cancel my order claiming the DQ4 is no longer in production and they do not have stock to fulfill orders. There were 4 sellers for the DQ4 on Aliexpress but all of the listings has since been removed, though i much suspect they are one and same seller.

I am pretty much done with Aliexpress. Ordered a pair of **** **** back in march and seller failed to send out the item after a week. Contacted the seller and was given some cock and bull excuse about how they had to conduct stringent QC check on every single item before sending them out, thus longer processing time was needed. And back in February, i ordered a pair BGVP DMG champagne filters and the seller issued a fake tracking number which didn't show in the system after 2 weeks. Subsequently, the seller tried to pull another fast one by asking me to accept a paypal refund instead of processing it within Aliexpress. Maybe its just my luck but its one too many bad experience for me.

which shop was that ? want to avoid it to be on the safe side (or compare with my personal experience of it) :astonished:

Aug 31, 2019 at 3:40 AM Post #245 of 592
which shop was that ? want to avoid it to be on the safe side (or compare with my personal experience of it) :astonished:

Magaosi DQ4 from EE audio
**** **** from Nicehck
DMG filter from A&V professional

I was debating whether to raise a dispute for the DQ4 order but decided to cancel and get a refund instead. Sellers on Aliexpress have far too much leeway and getting away with screwing over buyers. It wouldn't surprise me if in the coming days the same seller(s) relist the DQ4 and resume selling it at the usual price.

Aug 31, 2019 at 4:05 AM Post #246 of 592
Magaosi DQ4 from EE audio
**** **** from Nicehck
DMG filter from A&V professional

I was debating whether to raise a dispute for the DQ4 order but decided to cancel and get a refund instead. Sellers on Aliexpress have far too much leeway and getting away with screwing over buyers. It wouldn't surprise me if in the coming days the same seller(s) relist the DQ4 and resume selling it at the usual price.

interesting, I had pretty stellar experience with Nicehck shop comm & shipping but also read about negative experiences

didn't buy from the others yet

Aug 31, 2019 at 4:23 AM Post #247 of 592
**** **** from Nicehck

As much as i like NiceHCK cause generally they have good service, i had the same with the **** i ordered from them. That was also in March. I contacted NiceHCK after a week of no shipping and he simply said it was very popular and out of stock. Will take another week before stock arrives. Then i contacted some other sellers and found one who could ship in 24 hours and cancelled the order at NiceHCK.

Sep 1, 2019 at 10:44 PM Post #248 of 592
I think the details stand out to me just because they're alot more detailed and brighter than my former daily drivers the Toneking T88k's. I agree though that the bass is fantastic, and these just get better and better for me.

Sep 8, 2019 at 8:59 PM Post #251 of 592
Sep 9, 2019 at 4:22 AM Post #252 of 592
Should I get Magaosi K5 or Kinera Idun for post-hardcore, emocore, doom-death, alternative and future garage music?
The source is Hidizs AP80, the library is mostly 320 kbps mp3. Currently I have iValux Hybrid (1BA + 1DD), a pair of 35-40$ IEMs, and I want to upgrade them to the next level.
Or maybe there's something better within the 90-120$ range for this music?

I'd like to get a wide stage, lots of air, enough of details, punchy sound and as little sibilants as possible.

Sep 9, 2019 at 7:06 PM Post #254 of 592
Should I get Magaosi K5 or Kinera Idun for post-hardcore, emocore, doom-death, alternative and future garage music?
The source is Hidizs AP80, the library is mostly 320 kbps mp3. Currently I have iValux Hybrid (1BA + 1DD), a pair of 35-40$ IEMs, and I want to upgrade them to the next level.
Or maybe there's something better within the 90-120$ range for this music?

I'd like to get a wide stage, lots of air, enough of details, punchy sound and as little sibilants as possible.
I would recommend the Magaosi DQ4 for your sound requests, as they fit those descriptions perfectly. They're a little more than what your budget allows, but they're so good that they warrant am extra week or 2 of saving to get them. There is a pair for sale in the headfi classifieds for only 125.00 right now, and that is an absolute steal at that price!!

Sep 10, 2019 at 3:43 AM Post #255 of 592
I would recommend the Magaosi DQ4 for your sound requests, as they fit those descriptions perfectly. They're a little more than what your budget allows, but they're so good that they warrant am extra week or 2 of saving to get them. There is a pair for sale in the headfi classifieds for only 125.00 right now, and that is an absolute steal at that price!!
Thank you, but I'm not considering used IEMs. Also I'm outside of USA, so Aliexpress or Penonaudio will be better.

I've come around QoA Pink Lady, looks like an interesting model for my budget. Also checking iBasso IT01

Users who are viewing this thread

Back