BEST VALUE ''around 100-300$'' CHIFI & NEWCOMERS IEM with REFERENCE List (no BIG brands here)
Feb 18, 2019 at 10:53 AM Post #62 of 592
must bite tongue. I know one but I cant say it yet. my NDA expires next month then I'll post more on it.

Sooo... ain't that month over now? :)

Feb 18, 2019 at 11:02 AM Post #63 of 592
Sooo... ain't that month over now? :)

Yep, I posted a note on it awhile back now. Eartech has released 3 universal models. A dual and two triple driver models. All the color choices and faceplates, etc of their customs in a universal shell about the size and shape of the TFZ series 2.
(not the same exactly but that is the closest thing in my collection size wise). I have the double and love it and am waiting for a triple to be able to start a review tour with them. The double is a very engaging signature and I bought it for gym and outdoor use so I could save my more costly models. The triples offer a balanced signature and a V depending on your preference and again having heard both, they are well tuned and will appeal to both those looking for a reference style signature and those looking for something more V shaped. To me the best part is the price $199 for the dual and $299 for the triples and you pick your shell colors, faceplate materials etc. (Some faceplates are an additional charge for exotic woods and such). I had mine done with red and blue acrylic for the shells but every option from clear to solid black is available.

I'm working on finishing a review on them as I've gotten a bit behind on a few and should have it probably end of this week.

Feb 18, 2019 at 3:44 PM Post #64 of 592
So, Wiljen, i'm curious to work back on the best chifi 100-200$ list, and see your really into hardcore reviewing lately, so you test lot of great iem for sure.

What would be your best exceptionally sounding chifi iem in this price range?

It can be a long list, and if you permit i would surely link some of your nice reviews as well.

Feb 18, 2019 at 5:17 PM Post #65 of 592
So, Wiljen, i'm curious to work back on the best chifi 100-200$ list, and see your really into hardcore reviewing lately, so you test lot of great iem for sure.

What would be your best exceptionally sounding chifi iem in this price range?

It can be a long list, and if you permit i would surely link some of your nice reviews as well.

in the $100-200 right now -

at the low end - BGVP DMG/NiceHCK M6 which should be at or under the $100 mark but you need the DMG vented filter to bring out the best which will push it back over the $100 mark.
in the middle - TFZ King pro
at the top end - Moondrop Kanas Pro and Ibasso IT-01s (and my personal preference is for the Kanas Pro).

I am waiting on the Shozy and Neo CP and the Anew U1 so cant comment on either yet but have heard good things about both.

As for linking reviews, have at it, you are welcome to re-use anything you find beneficial.

Feb 18, 2019 at 6:05 PM Post #66 of 592
in the $100-200 right now -

at the low end - BGVP DMG/NiceHCK M6 which should be at or under the $100 mark but you need the DMG vented filter to bring out the best which will push it back over the $100 mark.
in the middle - TFZ King pro
at the top end - Moondrop Kanas Pro and Ibasso IT-01s (and my personal preference is for the Kanas Pro).

I am waiting on the Shozy and Neo CP and the Anew U1 so cant comment on either yet but have heard good things about both.

As for linking reviews, have at it, you are welcome to re-use anything you find beneficial.

OH! Those Kanas.....

yeah, gotta love the M6. Will sure order the DMG filter. Its about time and if it give more overall clarity it will be a joy.

Reading headfi review of King Pro its kind of mitiged...why do you love them so much exactly??

Thanks for the suggestions. Will include them! And I like your review not being hysterically non-stop positive. Keep your good critical sens, its much needed!

Feb 18, 2019 at 7:13 PM Post #67 of 592
OH! Those Kanas.....

yeah, gotta love the M6. Will sure order the DMG filter. Its about time and if it give more overall clarity it will be a joy.

Reading headfi review of King Pro its kind of mitiged...why do you love them so much exactly??

Thanks for the suggestions. Will include them! And I like your review not being hysterically non-stop positive. Keep your good critical sens, its much needed!

King pro is a sneaky one like the Magaosi K5. You need some time listening to it to realize its full potential. On the surface it is a typical V TFZ tuning, but the longer you listen the more you realize the detail is there and the mids are present with good timbre if a little recessed. A couple quick tweaks with the eq (+4dB at 1kHz and +2dB at 2kHz) and it is very good. I think the reason it gets dinged is at first it sounds an awful lot like the lower priced TFZs so you might think you could have had the same for a good bit less money. The subtleties make all the difference in it.

Feb 18, 2019 at 7:52 PM Post #68 of 592
OH! Those Kanas.....

Yeah, I posted about that filter in the BGVP thread yesterday actually, highly recommended if you find the mid bass too bloated with all 3 of the stock filters.

Feb 18, 2019 at 8:12 PM Post #69 of 592
Yeah, I posted about that filter in the BGVP thread yesterday actually, highly recommended if you find the mid bass too bloated with all 3 of the stock filters.

Don't find it too bloated compared to LOT of other chifi iem...but yeah, if it can give more space between bass and mids....and help mids to fly and kiss better well im in!
I still wonder if the M6 and DMG sound the exact same tough.

Just to be sure I finally order the right one, its this one right?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/BGV...with-Metal-Module-Board-Kits/32962418330.html

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2019 at 8:51 PM Post #70 of 592
I still wonder if the M3 and DMG sound the exact same tough.

No, they don't sound exactly alike, the venting does cause a few small differences in tuning.

Just to be sure I finally order the right one, its this one right?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/BGV...with-Metal-Module-Board-Kits/32962418330.html

Yep, that is the one. I got the card to hold the regular filters too. Somewhere on here I did a filter compare with all the originals, all the LZ A6 filters, and the Vented. The Vented was easily the best for me.

Found em:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the...essions-pg2507.586909/page-2744#post-14708606

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/bes...reference-list.805930/page-1033#post-14728229

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2019 at 10:01 PM Post #71 of 592
Your graph is very interesting and they convince me I need an extra filter. Now its time to order! thanks again.

About sub 200$ iem im interested to add is the BGVP DM6 too....read lotta good stuffs and it dont calm down, when it calm down its sometime because its a reviewers hype only created phenomenon...now, well, it look like both hehe as I read good stuffs on audio facebook groups too whatever where.

Feb 18, 2019 at 10:02 PM Post #72 of 592
Yep, I posted a note on it awhile back now. Eartech has released 3 universal models. A dual and two triple driver models. All the color choices and faceplates, etc of their customs in a universal shell about the size and shape of the TFZ series 2.
(not the same exactly but that is the closest thing in my collection size wise). I have the double and love it and am waiting for a triple to be able to start a review tour with them. The double is a very engaging signature and I bought it for gym and outdoor use so I could save my more costly models. The triples offer a balanced signature and a V depending on your preference and again having heard both, they are well tuned and will appeal to both those looking for a reference style signature and those looking for something more V shaped. To me the best part is the price $199 for the dual and $299 for the triples and you pick your shell colors, faceplate materials etc. (Some faceplates are an additional charge for exotic woods and such). I had mine done with red and blue acrylic for the shells but every option from clear to solid black is available.

I'm working on finishing a review on them as I've gotten a bit behind on a few and should have it probably end of this week.

Interesting price point...do you have any links to the new products? Can't seem to find them on their website...

Feb 18, 2019 at 10:04 PM Post #73 of 592
No, they don't sound exactly alike, the venting does cause a few small differences in tuning.

Yep, that is the one. I got the card to hold the regular filters too. Somewhere on here I did a filter compare with all the originals, all the LZ A6 filters, and the Vented. The Vented was easily the best for me.

Found em:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the...essions-pg2507.586909/page-2744#post-14708606

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/bes...reference-list.805930/page-1033#post-14728229

Cool, yeah that's the buyer I got my vented filter from as well. Interesting about the LZ filters, I might consider picking those up too, although I'm overall pretty pleased with the DMG and the vented filter.

Feb 19, 2019 at 7:41 AM Post #74 of 592
Interesting price point...do you have any links to the new products? Can't seem to find them on their website...

I don't think they have anything up yet. I'd shoot them an email as they may have a pdf brochure out before the website gets updated. I know a 3rd party does their web so it moves slowly.

Feb 20, 2019 at 1:44 PM Post #75 of 592
I don't think they have anything up yet. I'd shoot them an email as they may have a pdf brochure out before the website gets updated. I know a 3rd party does their web so it moves slowly.
I see you have the Brainwavz B400, how would you describe the sound? Did it take a more neutral balanced approach??

I might try it, man, it make a very long time I don't listen to Brainwavz stuffs, it was in the time where Xiaomi V2 was the big thing lol Find there products stand appart in term of tuning and construction, but was more a basshead 5 years ago.

I hope B400 are not too bright, thats all, and that imaging is top notch for a 4BA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back