CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Apr 23, 2018 at 8:15 AM Post #9,617 of 31,832
@Tinaudio

Sir, please try Zero Audio Douza and kennerton jimo.

Both have same specs to chi fi legend TinAudio T2.

But I think Douza is better tuned and is a little laid back compared to T2 making it sound expansive.

Kennerton Jimo is fun bass thundering iem with SubBass emphasis rather than midBass.

If you can recreate a subbass like Jimo but tonality of mid Bass and mids of Douza with a little work on treble side, it will nail all the IEM under 500$ mark.

Apr 23, 2018 at 11:41 AM Post #9,621 of 31,832
Seriously...? I've held off reviewing them for way too long because they're very, very underwhelming. 1200EX is miles ahead.

Dunno, but my buddy got 1200ex and 2000ex HDSS....and I tried both.

1200ex sounded like mid centric.

2000ex sounded right(but this was when my ears pained a lot due to cheapo fi fake 1$ bud I used to use for fun and modding.... I had u18t at that time by the way

And it had enjoyable soundstage

Apr 23, 2018 at 11:43 AM Post #9,622 of 31,832
Dunno, but my buddy got 1200ex and 2000ex HDSS....and I tried both.

1200ex sounded like mid centric.

2000ex sounded right(but this was when my ears pained a lot due to cheapo fi fake 1$ bud I used to use for fun and modding.... I had u18t at that time by the way

And it had enjoyable soundstage

Agree about the sound stage but the mid-range was extremely forward and shouty. Sub-bass is lacking as well. Treble has a very tinny, cheap quality to it. I like the fit, think they're well built, and the HDSS gimmick seems to work, but the sound quality is seriously lacking at 200 USD.

Apr 23, 2018 at 11:47 AM Post #9,623 of 31,832
Agree about the sound stage but the mid-range was extremely forward and shouty. Sub-bass is lacking as well. Treble has a very tinny, cheap quality to it. I like the fit, think they're well built, and the HDSS gimmick seems to work, but the sound quality is seriously lacking at 200 USD.
Well I edited it....I wanted to write soundstage

The best I have listened under 150usd is

Creative aurvana trio...it smashes the fiio f9 pro, kinera H3, hifiboys osv3.

Well it sounds like mid boosted tralucent 1plus2.. And due to mid boost, it sounds precis in imaging

It sounds compact but accurate, and some songs can scale soundstage to ambience level..

But it is overall a compact sounder.

But after using symbioand linum super BaX balanced, it soundstage increased by hell lot

(Well wear upside down and reversing the cable polarity).

As it is a normal positioning wire down iem

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2018 at 12:16 PM Post #9,625 of 31,832
Well I edited it....I wanted to write soundstage

The best I have listened under 150usd is

Creative aurvana trio...it smashes the fiio f9 pro, kinera H3, hifiboys osv3.

Well it sounds like mid boosted tralucent 1plus2.. And due to mid boost, it sounds precis in imaging

It sounds compact but accurate, and some songs can scale soundstage to ambience level..

But it is overall a compact sounder.

But after using symbioand linum super BaX balanced, it soundstage increased by hell lot

(Well wear upside down and reversing the cable polarity).

As it is a normal positioning wire down iem

Were the 2000EX or SuperBaX modded? The 2000EX is equipped with a DC connector and the SuperBaX is only available with MMCX, 2-pin, or T2. Unless T2 is compatible with DC which would be cool. Would open up cable upgrade options for DC equipped earphones.

Edit: I see they dropped the price to 150 USD. Smart.

20180423_121206[1].jpg

Apr 23, 2018 at 12:25 PM Post #9,626 of 31,832
\
review pls :p
Bro, need some time. OOTB i can only say :thumbsup: maybe not to ur liking tho, the bass not very engaging, but sufficient. Quite shiok when listening to Unfinished Sympathy. I wouldnt say its bright since i am coming from **** 4in1. Feels more controlled in a good way, detailed, mids are pleasant. AND THE ISOLATION IS BETTER THAN I EXPECTED xD

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2018 at 12:29 PM Post #9,627 of 31,832
Bro, need some time. OOTB i can only say :thumbsup: maybe not to ur liking tho, the bass not very engaging, but sufficient. Quite shiok when listening to Unfinished Sympathy. I wouldnt say its bright since i am coming from **** 4in1. Feels more controlled in a good way, detailed, mids are pleasant. AND THE ISOLATION IS BETTER THAN I EXPECTED xD

Good.. mine just shipped mid-week.

Apr 23, 2018 at 1:15 PM Post #9,628 of 31,832
@oneula

Go get plenue D.....but if you are serious about audio then get a fiio q1mk2 or oppo ha2-se and get onkyo HF player apk or iOS(well I cracked mine on android)...

Well about iem...here comes review

Fiio ex1 mk2: resolution, open and dynamic sounding with great stage and image but lacks isolation(bare open). Treble can be sibilant sometimes but is amazing and can resolve. It scales very good with sources but this is related to DAC's and not Amps...amps can make it clip on high volume.

Fiio F5: improved the mids and Bass on expense of treble but treble is amazing.. It is more of a smooth experience rather than the resolve nature of ex1. F5 gives better depth on expense of little bit height and width(just a small expense) and is great.

Nuforce EDC: somehow normal tuning, compact soundstage but very good image. It is smooth but it engages the listener to listen the instruments more clearly rather than giving it the ambience. Image is its strong point...but it is not closed stage, just a smaller stage to listen...it passes soundscape with bare passing marks but image is where it excels.

Fiio FH1(added by me) : fiio F5 + warmer + depth but expense of a little more height and width....but it is a rounded stage and sounds awesome. Treble is cleaner and between smooth and resolver. It has some decent punch in it and subbass is rumbly and tight.

Don't add KZ ate, atr, ZS3, ED9 and ZST.

For ZST....you can get ES3 which is way better(last 2017 model)

ZSR: upgraded the mids of ES3 and treble was lowered.. But Bass packs a huge punch and warms the sounds. It focus in super Depth due to Phantom Bass nature and creates a cinematic scape. Balanced armature keeps sound clean.

Lker i8: clean mids, good treble, very good scape, no colouring but the peak is glaring at 2k instead of 3k which makes female vocal harsh and sharp and little depth so only wideness and tallness here.

Carbo tenore : lol....perfect tuning here, just weak by body that's why I don't recommend them.. They are perfect Japan tuning you can get. It has soundstage, perfect olive curve response but with a little bass boost and soundscape is awesome..but rolls off quickly in Bass, passes phantom bass marginally.

Thank you for the reviews

I have the Plenue D but it doesn't have line/coax out like the Fiio X3s I have the PlenueD paired with a topping NX1s(same size) from the headphone out
The Plenue D is a great device for travel but not sure how much better than the LG V30 except for the PlenueD's EQ stuff and unreal battery life.
I have the Hiby R3 on order from Kickstarter and unfortunately joined the Massdrop for the AP60 PRO and HeadAmp Pico DAC before the R3 announcement so I should be set for awhile

the R3 has lineout plus balanced 2.5 and the AP60PRO is a tad smaller
I picked up a AP60 years back for its APTX out which I now have various KZs and the VE IEMs connected to before that I used it with my Pendulumic Stance S1.
for wired options I paired the AP60 with the SMSL SAP7 and it is about 3/4 the size of the PlenueD/Topping NX1s rig
I will replace that AP60 APTX setup with the the setup that the Hawaii Bad Boy rec'd for the Hiby R3 with the Campfire Comets and look forward to using tidal on it like my V30
Meanwhile I some balanced and standard VE Zen's burning in

Appreciate the posts
Never knew there were so many alternative options out there to try, if your are willing to take a risk

Apr 23, 2018 at 3:31 PM Post #9,629 of 31,832
with 96.6% Positive feedback
http://s.aliexpress.com/iy2IrAvY?fromSns=Hangouts
or
http://s.aliexpress.com/uAVbm226?fromSns=Hangouts
or
http://s.aliexpress.com/632uae2e?fromSns=Hangouts

new stuff on ae,
single Carbon Nanotube diaphragm DD iem.

8021322767129396987%253Faccount_id%253D67

1. Product Name: SEMKARCH SKC-CNT1 In Ear Earphone
2. Model: SKC-CNT1
3. Drive unit: Single 10mm Carbon Nanotube (CNT) diaphragm high dynamic drive unit
4. Type: In-ear
6. Impedance: 32Ω
7. Earphone sensitivity:108 ±1 dB
8. Frequency range: 10-26000Hz
9. Total harmonic distortion > 0.2%
10.Rated power: 5mW
11.Executive Standard: CTIA International standards, IECQ
12.Earphone plug: 3.5mm
13.Cable Length: 1.2m±5cm
14.Weight: 20g
15.Color:Gray
16.Earphone plug type: Slant Type
17.Whether with mic: No
18.Interface Type: MMCX Connector
19.Whether with cable: Yes
20.Earphone category: HIFI, Monitor
21.Applicable type of music: Classical symphonic concert

PS>>
SEMKARCH is a new brand of LZ (LaoZhong) HIFI Audio company,
Like the LZ A2/A3/A4/A5 the SKC-CNT1 is tuned by the same tuner LaoZhong.
SKC-CNT1 uses 10mm carbon nanotube (CNT) diaphragm high dynamic drive unit, the sound is so amazing, which is a pleasure!

I have a strong feeling this could be a hit, a benchmark for sub-100$ earphones.

Apr 23, 2018 at 4:25 PM Post #9,630 of 31,832

Just received mine today and am liking them a lot OOTB.

I changed the foam tips for the large silicones and feel like this has improved the bass and isolation.

Really like the mid / treble focused signature. Was expecting them to have a lower amount of bass than they have based on the reviews, but it's there at a level that suits me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back