CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Nov 28, 2017 at 5:14 AM Post #4,787 of 31,831
Just received my SVARA Reds.
They seem REALLY well built and are extremely comfortable and easy to fit.
Right out the box, the silicone tips were amazing and provided really good seal. Better seal than the SpinFit Tips that I tried on them, in fact. But I'm leaving the SpinFit's on for a few days to decide if i'm going back to stock.

Initial impressions 5 min ear-time: Sexy bass. Warm. Very fun to listen to. I'm liking them more than the ZS6 immediately. But that may change, who knows? Time will tell.

Some pictures for you guys:

tnAYxKj.jpg

Pxn2Y6s.jpg

TobUC3V.jpg

QY5GX7g.jpg

8thCXwK.jpg

@c4rb0n It is V-Sounding to me - The treble Sounds great (sweet and pleasant), definitely no sibilance. I wouldn't say it is bright, but it is definitely more toned down compared to the ZS6. Male vocals especially sound really good to me with these. Sorry, my untrained ears may need more time with them to give you a better opinion. I really love the sound of these though, much more than my Pistons, ZS6 or Shozy Zero (my unfortunately small collection).

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2017 at 5:27 AM Post #4,789 of 31,831
Thanks bro, does the bass overpower the highs? Or the highs smooth and sparkly still?

The highs are pleasant sounding, but will not be sparkly like the ZS6. No noticable bass bleed into mids. However, soundstage is not fantastic (maybe expected from a single driver iem?).

Nov 28, 2017 at 5:32 AM Post #4,790 of 31,831
The highs are pleasant sounding, but will not be sparkly like the ZS6. No noticable bass bleed into mids. However, soundstage is not fantastic (maybe expected from a single driver iem?).
Thanks again brother LOL, i just hope that the T2's stage wouldn't be its con, sir Panda said these two are almost similar, ill post my impressions on the T2 also once i recieve them :ksc75smile:

Nov 28, 2017 at 5:34 AM Post #4,791 of 31,831
As far as I know the number of drivers has no correlation to the sound-stage.

Nov 28, 2017 at 5:37 AM Post #4,792 of 31,831

Nice to know. Not sure where I've read somewhere on head-fi but there were posts criticizing a multi-driver IEM for having bad soundstage, stating that it was 'not impressive' for a multi drive.
We learn new (different) things everyday. :dt880smile:

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2017 at 5:56 AM Post #4,793 of 31,831
Just received my SVARA Reds.
They seem REALLY well built and are extremely comfortable and easy to fit.
Right out the box, the silicone tips were amazing and provided really good seal. Better seal than the SpinFit Tips that I tried on them, in fact. But I'm leaving the SpinFit's on for a few days to decide if i'm going back to stock.

Initial impressions 5 min ear-time: Sexy bass. Warm. Very fun to listen to. I'm liking them more than the ZS6 immediately. But that may change, who knows? Time will tell.

Some pictures for you guys:

tnAYxKj.jpg

Pxn2Y6s.jpg

TobUC3V.jpg

QY5GX7g.jpg

8thCXwK.jpg

Good to read some impressions on these. Really considered buying them during 11.11 sales on AE, or buy a Tinaudio T2. Ended up buying nothing as I already had a KZ ZS5 on order, and not sure if these would make much difference to me.
And i'm still waiting to buy the VE Monk BIggies and Smalls.

Nov 28, 2017 at 6:08 AM Post #4,794 of 31,831
Sort of true... but as with most things there's a kernel of truth to the myth - phase coherence is a particular challenge in multi-driver systems in general, and recent research seems to suggest that phase may have a relationship with the perception of sound stage, but as far as I know, perceptions of phase shifting are not well classified beyond their effects on frequency response (where some better understood physics and/or some basic critical listening can predict/detect what kind of cancellations and anomalies will pop up) - and older research on the topic tended to suggest that within reason most people's hearing isn't particularly sensitive to the issue if it doesn't meddle with FR.

Nov 28, 2017 at 6:35 AM Post #4,795 of 31,831
Nov 28, 2017 at 7:00 AM Post #4,796 of 31,831
Sort of true... but as with most things there's a kernel of truth to the myth - phase coherence is a particular challenge in multi-driver systems in general, and recent research seems to suggest that phase may have a relationship with the perception of sound stage, but as far as I know, perceptions of phase shifting are not well classified beyond their effects on frequency response (where some better understood physics and/or some basic critical listening can predict/detect what kind of cancellations and anomalies will pop up) - and older research on the topic tended to suggest that within reason most people's hearing isn't particularly sensitive to the issue if it doesn't meddle with FR.

But is there a realistic change of sound besides FR when ti comes to phasing issues? Maybe if it's severe enough, but then the whole sound would collapse.

For me the last major encounter with phasing was with KZ ZS5v1. Even before people figured out that it doesn't have a crossover and that essentially all 4 drivers are reproducing full range sound, I noticed a very unnatural treble, it sounded like there was an active noise canceling component blocking a chunk of frequencies, yet everything was still clear. It shows like a huge dip between two peaks on the graph, nothing way too severe, but for me it was extremely audible and not good. I legit thought that my unit was defective and gave it to some of my audiophile friends without telling them what to focus on and nobody complained about this, so my unit was working properly.
I guess not everyone is as sensitive to these kind of frequency abnormalities, but how this thing passed by so many veteran reviewers is beyond me. Perhaps they didn't want to invest too much time and waste words given that it's a budget model.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2017 at 7:24 AM Post #4,797 of 31,831
Forgot to tell you guys, but last Thursday i uploaded my reviews for 2 different products:

Here are the links for the reviews:

Meizu EP-52 sports Bluetooth earphones: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/review/19486
GGMM A1 portable DAC\Amp: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/review/19487

Hope these will help someone. I'm trying to get special discount codes from GB, will update the reviews accordingly :)

+1 on the Meizu.

If you're in the market for a bluetooth IEM with good sound (with a simple mod), comfort, great battery life, zero audio lag, aptX compatible, and excellent build quality, the EP52 should be near or at the top of your list.

Nov 28, 2017 at 8:12 AM Post #4,798 of 31,831
+1 on the Meizu.

If you're in the market for a bluetooth IEM with good sound (with a simple mod), comfort, great battery life, zero audio lag, aptX compatible, and excellent build quality, the EP52 should be near or at the top of your list.

I have the EP51, is there much difference in sound? Or is the only difference the neckband? I always found that the EP51 had some very unusual eartips, wonder if I can change them for something that fits a bit more deeply?

Nov 28, 2017 at 8:32 AM Post #4,799 of 31,831
+1 on the Meizu.

I was impressed with the design more than anything. It's the kind of product you pick up and say "of course, why don't all the companies design their earphones like that? everything just makes sense".

Nov 28, 2017 at 8:43 AM Post #4,800 of 31,831
I have the EP51, is there much difference in sound? Or is the only difference the neckband? I always found that the EP51 had some very unusual eartips, wonder if I can change them for something that fits a bit more deeply?

Don't have the EP51 so unfortunately I can't compare the sound between the 2.

Sound is typical v-shape with boosted sub-bass (basshead level). There's a bit of bloat and veiled sound.

However, simply replacing the stock nozzle screens with "regular" $0.10 stainless nozzle screens lowers the boosted bass, gets rid of the bass bloat, clears up the veiled sound, and adds clarity. I talk about it in more detail in the comments of the EP52 review.

As far as the eartips, they're your standard generic silicone tips. It's a 2-piece setup - the shell has 3 different silicone 'covers' that incorporate an ear stabilizer wing. Then on the nozzle you insert totally standard silicone eartips. You could tip roll the ear tips with anything you want (that fits obviously) - KZ Starlines, Comply foams, double flange, xmas trees, Symbios, SpinFits, Spiral Dots, etc. I haven't measured the nozzle, but it looks to be your common 3mm-ish nozzle size.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back