CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Nov 29, 2017 at 9:55 AM Post #4,816 of 31,833
It's a balla!

But isn't the Alpha & Delta D6 a better deal? Can be bought for only $68,40 with the headfi discount code till tomorrow.

Also wondering how the Ibasso IT01 stacks up against them.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2017 at 9:58 AM Post #4,817 of 31,833
But isn't the Alpha & Delta D6 a better deal? Can be bought for only $68,40 with the headfi discount code till tomorrow.
That is a good deal yes. Which one is better will depend on your preferences. The D6 is brighter with a well-defined bass. The TNT is warmer, smooth but still very detailed.

Nov 29, 2017 at 10:16 AM Post #4,818 of 31,833
No, too many burnt fingers with AE 'sales' it's all engineered no real savings worthy of the hype. I have picked up some VE IEMs (Biggies and Smalls) plus I've still got a small backlog of IEMs that need reviewing - 2x Audiofly and some stuff from Amazon.

Have you received the VE IEMs (Biggies & Smalls) yet?

Mine arrived a couple of days ago - and I can say that the USD$60 Biggie has the clearest, most detailed Bass I've heard from an earphone (including my LZ-A4, which is double the budget of this "sub 100" thread...).
Listening to some FLAC files of the UK progressive Celtic rock band, Iona (which I really like), subtle differences in the percussion (different drum-heads, and hand-drums) is readily apparent.

Nov 29, 2017 at 10:25 AM Post #4,819 of 31,833

Mine arrived a couple of days ago - and I can say that the USD$60 Biggie has the clearest, most detailed Bass I've heard from an earphone (including my LZ-A4, which is double the budget of this "sub 100" thread...).
Listening to some FLAC files of the UK progressive Celtic rock band, Iona (which I really like), subtle differences in the percussion (different drum-heads, and hand-drums) is readily apparent.

I'm trying to hold off of purchasing any 50-80 usd earphones till I am allowed to buy that sweet VE Monk IEM bundle..

Nov 29, 2017 at 11:24 AM Post #4,820 of 31,833

So many first impressions focus on the fact that these are quite dark sounding so it's nice to hear that it's at least detailed and not muddy.

Nov 29, 2017 at 11:33 AM Post #4,821 of 31,833
So many first impressions focus on the fact that these are quite dark sounding so it's nice to hear that it's at least detailed and not muddy.

When I first tried the Biggie, with the narrow-bore (black) eartips, and the Espresso cable, they did sound a bit dark.
But when I switched to the wide-bore (white) eartips, and the SPC (silver) cable, the level of the Midrange & Treble came up, and they sound really good.

The Smalls have more Midrange & Treble to begin with, and a bit less low Bass.

Nov 29, 2017 at 11:47 AM Post #4,822 of 31,833
I'm trying to hold off of purchasing any 50-80 usd earphones till I am allowed to buy that sweet VE Monk IEM bundle..
So do I... So do I...

Nov 29, 2017 at 11:49 AM Post #4,823 of 31,833

I have to be honest I wasn't a fan of either earphone, had a long discussion with Lee and waiting on a trial of the Duke and Duke AE. Managed to find a EQ setting that brings the small/biggie in line with my preference though: -

IMG_0069.PNG IMG_0068.PNG

Nov 29, 2017 at 12:10 PM Post #4,824 of 31,833
Some pictures for you guys:

tnAYxKj.jpg

Pxn2Y6s.jpg

TobUC3V.jpg

QY5GX7g.jpg

8thCXwK.jpg

Just received my SVARA Reds.
They seem REALLY well built and are extremely comfortable and easy to fit.
Right out the box, the silicone tips were amazing and provided really good seal. Better seal than the SpinFit Tips that I tried on them, in fact. But I'm leaving the SpinFit's on for a few days to decide if i'm going back to stock.

Initial impressions 5 min ear-time: Sexy bass. Warm. Very fun to listen to. I'm liking them more than the ZS6 immediately. But that may change, who knows? Time will tell.

Just a small update to my initial impressions on the Svara Reds:

Tip-rolled a few tips: KZ Starlines, NiceHCK Sillicone, SpinFit, Knock-off T400 Comply Foams, KZ Comply Foams

Just my very personal opinion:
Favourite sounding: Stock = SpinFit > KZ Starlines > Others
Comfort: Stock = Comply Foams > KZ Starlines > NiceHCK Sillicone > SpinFit

Additional comment: The SpinFit makes them sound slightly brighter, and the stocks warmer. I dig both, but the SpinFit(M) do not feel comfortable in my ears. I'm assuming I got the wrong size for the SpinFits. They fit loosely if I do not push them in for a seal, but if I do that, they create a suction pressure which is very uncomfortable and takes a lot of adjusting.

So, I am back to stock.
Also, I am using a black MMCX Cable that I ordered from NiceHCK. Pretty cheap, and sounds as good as the white translucent cable that usually comes bundled with the Svara Reds. Just prefer their shorter length and color.

Here's another picture:

4N9cpdl.jpg

For anyone wondering, the DAP is a Benjie K8 (Loving it).
An extremely portable setup that fits into a single pocket on skinny jeans without an obvious bulge!

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2017 at 5:05 AM Post #4,827 of 31,833
I just hope that this one have a replaceable cable option, but unfortunately it doesn't, could've been my next purchase LOL, Svara Reds, Toneking NINETAILS, TFZ The King (replaceable cable), man if only i could purchase all three LOL

What is the reason that you want a replaceble cable? For durability? Because you already have a 3 figure cable?
From what i've read about them, they are built like a tank and have a 3 year warranty, so that kinda offsets the need for a detachable cable for me.

Nov 30, 2017 at 6:11 AM Post #4,828 of 31,833
What is the reason that you want a replaceble cable? For durability? Because you already have a 3 figure cable?
From what i've read about them, they are built like a tank and have a 3 year warranty, so that kinda offsets the need for a detachable cable for me.
Yep for durability, i often get the cords on my iems snagged on a door knob and from twisting the cable to often when its plugged on my DAP when putting it on my pocket LOL, i've really had a bad time with this LOL as it affects the jack the most, does it come with an L-shaped jack? Thanks for the info on the durability bro, im really considering this now as my next purchase :ksc75smile:

Nov 30, 2017 at 6:43 AM Post #4,829 of 31,833
Yep for durability, i often get the cords on my iems snagged on a door knob and from twisting the cable to often when its plugged on my DAP when putting it on my pocket LOL, i've really had a bad time with this LOL as it affects the jack the most, does it come with an L-shaped jack? Thanks for the info on the durability bro, im really considering this now as my next purchase :ksc75smile:

I've had the same problems, but instead of getting caught on doorknobs it usually was a saddle haha. Used Xiaomi Piston IEM in all posible variations for the past years before coming here, and in 6-15 months it always ended up with the cable breaking and losing sound on 1 side. Most probably just from being plugged into my phone in my pocket whilst cycling. I have no experience myself with the A&D D6, but here are some phrases from reviews:
Primeaudio
Built like a tank- 3 years warranty

The weakness of any pair of earphones lies in its wires. Majority of the earphones uses 4 core cable. Once breakage occurs in one of the cables, the earphones cease to function. Many earphones also do not come with sufficient strain reliefs to reinforce vulnerable areas such as the 3.5mm jack.

In response, the D6 reinforces the 3.5mm jack with a spring loaded design. Furthermore, D6 uses an 8 core silver plated copper cable to ensure extra durability. Thus, even if wire breaks, the remaining cores will ensure the continued functionality of the earphones.
Audio123
Coupled with a 8 core cable and a spring loaded design for the jack’s strain relief, the D6 has a combination of excellent build design and engaging sound signature.
And from their own website:
Three years warranty:
We take pride in our workmanship and believe that we have taken the necessary measures to ensure the earphones are durable for daily use. Thus, we provide 3 years warranty as a testament to our efforts.

But i'm not gonna buy anything new before my KZ ZS5 finally arrive and I can listen to them and debate if I even need something better.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back