CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Sep 3, 2018 at 5:51 PM Post #12,841 of 31,832
Are there left/right markings on these QKZ QF2. I can't find them if there are. I keep putting them in wrong and having to check a test track. I guess the solution is to never take them out? So are you wearing them up or down? I have them down which I prefer but it is weird trying to figure out how to put them in. Any tips or tricks?

I'm wearing them over the ear, and despite the pictures showing them worn down they are definitely correct over the ear.

I personally put them in the same as my Shure's, bring both over the ears from the back, push in at a 45 degree angle and twist back
I'm using KZ Startips.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2018 at 6:04 PM Post #12,842 of 31,832
My C630 started misbehaving today. The inline remote seems to be just randomly sending signals to the source, so it is constantly pausing/starting or skipping tracks when I use it with my phone. Pretty frustrating, as I haven't owned them for very long. They are the silver model with the white cable, which I know some have complained about the quality of that particular model.

Sep 3, 2018 at 6:05 PM Post #12,843 of 31,832
I'm wearing them over the ear, and despite the pictures showing them worn down they are definitely correct over the ear.

I personally put them in the same as my Shure's, bring both over the ears from the back, push in at a 45 degree angle and twist back
I'm using KZ Startips.

Interesting.. I might try starlines next. I had a listen with the stock and with Auvios. Sound good with either but trying to get a little more comfort. I would rather wear them down... just wish I could find a right / left marking. I have never had nor seen a Shure. Anyway... if I wear a cable over ear I kind of need it to be formed in some way because with long hair I cannot put them on the way that you said. I would lose them in the hair... lol.

Sep 3, 2018 at 6:14 PM Post #12,844 of 31,832
My C630 started misbehaving today. The inline remote seems to be just randomly sending signals to the source, so it is constantly pausing/starting or skipping tracks when I use it with my phone. Pretty frustrating, as I haven't owned them for very long. They are the silver model with the white cable, which I know some have complained about the quality of that particular model.

I had that happen with a certain iem with my Cayin N3 DAP which senses whether or not something is plugged into the jack. It seems to have been something about the plug with that device in my case. A right angled three pole adaptor on the end of the plug solved it for me. It was doing exactly what you said and it is an iem that includes a remote with a four pole plug.

Had it been working correctly with that phone when you first got it?

Sep 3, 2018 at 6:20 PM Post #12,845 of 31,832
Interesting.. I might try starlines next. I had a listen with the stock and with Auvios. Sound good with either but trying to get a little more comfort. I would rather wear them down... just wish I could find a right / left marking. I have never had nor seen a Shure. Anyway... if I wear a cable over ear I kind of need it to be formed in some way because with long hair I cannot put them on the way that you said. I would lose them in the hair... lol.

Now you know how us musicians feel with long hair on stage lol.

As far as I can see there isn't a marking to be found.
But if wearing them down try the Startips and reverse the twist from the back to the front. In at an angle and twist down instead of back. They stay in good that way.

Sep 3, 2018 at 6:36 PM Post #12,846 of 31,832
As far as I can see there isn't a marking to be found.

Well there is a mark now:)

R0013647.JPG

Sep 3, 2018 at 6:39 PM Post #12,847 of 31,832
Yeah, I can understand why you might not have liked the MEMT x5 as the bass is quite fatiguing. I've just AB'd... they're not that alike after all lol. That's me getting old... memory isn't as good as it once was! C610 is much better. More air, much clearer and better mid bass giving it a punchier attack.

Personally I am preferring it over the C630 also... i found that the c630 can sound a bit artificial at times. the C610 has better control all over and sounds more stable.

I’ll give it another chance. Maybe after burn in and some tip rolling.

Sep 3, 2018 at 6:53 PM Post #12,849 of 31,832
Are there left/right markings on these QKZ QF2. I can't find them if there are. I keep putting them in wrong and having to check a test track. I guess the solution is to never take them out? So are you wearing them up or down? I have them down which I prefer but it is weird trying to figure out how to put them in. Any tips or tricks?

I had to mark mine. I seem to remember that there were no markings.

Sep 3, 2018 at 8:03 PM Post #12,850 of 31,832
I had that happen with a certain iem with my Cayin N3 DAP which senses whether or not something is plugged into the jack. It seems to have been something about the plug with that device in my case. A right angled three pole adaptor on the end of the plug solved it for me. It was doing exactly what you said and it is an iem that includes a remote with a four pole plug.

Had it been working correctly with that phone when you first got it?

Yeah, it had been working fine for almost a month with this phone. I was out walking and listening, and suddenly it started acting up. The idea of using a 3 pole adapter is interesting, but I need to have a working mic (and preferably a working remote to at least pause/play) for whatever is my current daily driver that I take out into the world with me.

Sep 3, 2018 at 8:05 PM Post #12,851 of 31,832
Yeah, it had been working fine for almost a month with this phone. I was out walking and listening, and suddenly it started acting up. The idea of using a 3 pole adapter is interesting, but I need to have a working mic (and preferably a working remote to at least pause/play) for whatever is my current daily driver that I take out into the world with me.

If it was working before, then something must have gone wrong. Is it too late to return or exchange it?

Sep 4, 2018 at 7:59 AM Post #12,852 of 31,832
Agreed with everything you said. The C630/CI-880 is great, and $12.99 is a great price. You just have to be careful, as there is a single driver version floating around that looks 100% identical but is not as good.

Anyways, as good as the C630 is, the C631 is even better with the 2 simple mods. Honestly, it’s the only IEM I have been using since I got it (even though I have higher end IEMs available).

Interestingly, I’ve removed the little rear grille on the C630/CI-880 in the past as a possible mod, but the sound was horrible. I may revisit it though. I think there’s a happy medium; I just have to determine if there’s an optimal rear vent size. The way the existing grille covers the vent hole is imprecise, and varies from IEM to IEM depending on small variations in the little grille piece (and how many little grille holes are actually exposed).

I figured that you would have played around with the rear grille piece on the C630 LOL :)

The gaudy C631 is also my favorite at the moment, although my wife and teenage daughter refuse to acknowledge me in public :)

1531884467-1f76cdc10f43b55dd543f409129e4fa7.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2018 at 8:37 AM Post #12,853 of 31,832
I figured that you would have played around with the rear grille piece on the C630 LOL :)

The gaudy C631 is also my favorite at the moment, although my wife and teenage daughter refuse to acknowledge me in public :)

1531884467-1f76cdc10f43b55dd543f409129e4fa7.jpg

Yup, I did play with the grille on the C630 (mentioned in my message).

I know there are more gains hiding in the C630 beyond removing the black filter), waiting to be unlocked :)

I agree about the C631 - it’s my favorite at the moment too!

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2018 at 8:39 AM Post #12,854 of 31,832
Yup, I did play with the grille on the C630 (mentioned in my message).

I know there are more gains hiding in the C630 beyond removing the black filter), waiting to be unlocked :)

Is there anything in your house that you have not taken apart? :)

Sep 4, 2018 at 8:47 AM Post #12,855 of 31,832
Is there anything in your house that you have not taken apart? :)

Not much! Taking apart isn’t always the problem either - it’s putting back together again that can be the challenge lol

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back