CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Dec 10, 2017 at 1:08 PM Post #5,056 of 31,833
CAD $12.88 at Gearbest. I just submitted my order. Thanks a bunch!
Nice, hope you like them! At $12 they're a steal. At first I thought they sucked pretty hard but after a bit of digging I found the right tips to get a proper seal and it made all the difference.

Dec 10, 2017 at 1:14 PM Post #5,057 of 31,833
Nice, hope you like them! At $12 they're a steal. At first I thought they sucked pretty hard but after a bit of digging I found the right tips to get a proper seal and it made all the difference.
I was looking for earphones to be used watching TV programs on my iPad on my elliptical trainer. These sound just fine. Presently, I am using some cheaply acquired "Monster adidas supernova" (80% off). But I am afraid I will be ripping the cable apart one day. Considering that the Apple bluetooth buds at USD $179 don't sound any different than the cabled ones that come with the iPhones (which are not very good), these MacCaws with the same battery life are a super steal.

P.S. As to the right tips: who on this discussion list does not have buckets of them to choose from?

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2017 at 5:56 PM Post #5,058 of 31,833
Just a quick note to let everyone know that Amazon has the E-MI CI-880 for $9.99 right now. This is rapidly becoming one of my favorite iems. I think there was an issue with the first set I got, but Amazon sent me a new set, and they are awesome. Very much NOT an overly v shaped sound, very precise, good extension and soundstage. I prefer them to the Tin Audio T2 and I like them as well as my ZS6, although the sound signatures are quite different.

Oh, on Amazon, search for Blumuze...

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2017 at 7:04 PM Post #5,060 of 31,833
Just a quick note to let everyone know that Amazon has the E-MI CI-880 for $9.99 right now. This is rapidly becoming one of my favorite iems. I think there was an issue with the first set I got, but Amazon sent me a new set, and they are awesome. Very much NOT an overly v shaped sound, very precise, good extension and soundstage. I prefer them to the Tin Audio T2 and I like them as well as my ZS6, although the sound signatures are quite different.

Oh, on Amazon, search for Blumuze...

That's dirty cheap, some time ago you could only find them for 25$

Dec 10, 2017 at 7:22 PM Post #5,061 of 31,833
The limed and somewhat mixed Amazon reviews are a bit concerning, but for $10 I am willing to give them a try. What is it about them that you prefer over TA T2?

If you read reviews here, such as on Vidals site, you will get a better feel of what these are all about:

http://www.aproear.co.uk/e-mi-ci880-hybrid/

For me, the E-MI CI-880 is less colored sounding and had better low and high end extension and a better soundstage. The Tin Audio T2 is a little colored in the mid-range, sort of an awwww sound. Maybe a little too warm sounding for me. That just may be my personal preference though. Keep in mind that I like my KZ ZS5 and ZS6 a lot as well!

Dec 10, 2017 at 7:34 PM Post #5,062 of 31,833
Last edited:
Dec 10, 2017 at 7:43 PM Post #5,063 of 31,833
My review of the Macaw T50 Bluetooth just went live. Pretty impressive for a super cheap wireless phone.
https://primeaudio.org/macaw-t50-bluetooth-review/

Got this too....Gearbest give me a pair in hope I make a review but I haven't ask for it and i'm not a BT fan at all, I like BT for Speaker, wich is very practical (I use daily the Tronsmart I review, not out of this world sound (not bad either, bassy sound, can play quite loud, no distortion), but BT signal is ultra impressive compared to all BT stuffs I try-20m instead of 10m and its pass true wall for real), but find it quite vain for IEM or headphones, If I was a bodybuilder perhaps my toughs would be different. Anyway, I use them more (2 hours max in my life) than QCY Q26 wich are so bad its quite incredible, and play very low max volume. Still, its like listening to old mp3 player when I use BT iem, more hiss, quite congested, ultra digital sound....evolution go very slow with that.

Dec 10, 2017 at 7:46 PM Post #5,064 of 31,833
What shows up on Amazon right now looks nothing like what's shown in the above review...

http://a.co/0Ben8EA

I mean, I thought I saw the silver ones on Amazon just a moment ago, but they seem to be gone now.

There were only 3 left when I saw them, and I bought 1 as a spare set. The ones on there now are the ones that another headfier prefers, actually. Different model though. It is tempting to buy a set of them as well...

Actually for $9 99, too tempting. Just ordered a set of them as well.... Head fi, a baaad place for my wallet..

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2017 at 8:04 PM Post #5,065 of 31,833
I want to give a pair of IEM headphones as a gift to a friend. He mainly listens to pop/rock, indie (Chet Faker, Alt-J...) and classical music. I've gone for the KS ZS3, but I'm rethinking my choice now. Any (cheap) recommendations?
**** UE are quite incredible for the price (yep, still are!)....and construction make some wow effect too (ultra solid resin). Wide soundstage, little bump in bass, quite present mids, smooth sounding, I try fastly 6 pairs of IEM for the kind of music your friend search and it was by far my favorite. (its no bassy earphone, but I feel it need some bass for classical music too, cello got more body, as well as piano and violon feel more alive (when not basshead stuff!), SwingIE800 lack in this region, a metalhead I know make a complaint about this....but I still adore these gems.)
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/201...-51d4-4ef9-bcf1-9c66acdbebd2&rmStoreLevelAB=0

Dec 10, 2017 at 8:20 PM Post #5,066 of 31,833
Got this too....Gearbest give me a pair in hope I make a review but I haven't ask for it and i'm not a BT fan at all, I like BT for Speaker, wich is very practical (I use daily the Tronsmart I review, not out of this world sound (not bad either, bassy sound, can play quite loud, no distortion), but BT signal is ultra impressive compared to all BT stuffs I try-20m instead of 10m and its pass true wall for real), but find it quite vain for IEM or headphones, If I was a bodybuilder perhaps my toughs would be different. Anyway, I use them more (2 hours max in my life) than QCY Q26 wich are so bad its quite incredible, and play very low max volume. Still, its like listening to old mp3 player when I use BT iem, more hiss, quite congested, ultra digital sound....evolution go very slow with that.
Have you tried one with aptX or even better aptX HD? Not many out there with the HD yet (I've yet to try one) but some of the aptX ones sound pretty good.

I'm a wired guy too though. I don't find Bluetooth to be worth the extra hassle of having one more battery to worry about.

Dec 10, 2017 at 8:23 PM Post #5,067 of 31,833
There were only 3 left when I saw them, and I bought 1 as a spare set. The ones on there now are the ones that another headfier prefers, actually. Different model though. It is tempting to buy a set of them as well...

Actually for $9 99, too tempting. Just ordered a set of them as well.... Head fi, a baaad place for my wallet..

I prefered them. The others were a bit bright for me. Also, I found these to be very comfortable. I did have to put different tips on... not sure what I ended up with. All these "small" purchases do add up.... yes... baaadd headfi!!!

Good price. I probably paid twice that although I never know anymore what dollars are to pounds.

I just checked the UK site... both models are £19.99 right now. I paid £15.99 on a lightning deal three months ago.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B06Y5KTY2S/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&th=1

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2017 at 8:36 PM Post #5,068 of 31,833
Have you tried one with aptX or even better aptX HD? Not many out there with the HD yet (I've yet to try one) but some of the aptX ones sound pretty good.

I'm a wired guy too though. I don't find Bluetooth to be worth the extra hassle of having one more battery to worry about.
Not try that,, can be interesting if signal distance is better too(big problem there)....yeah, battery life...forget to mention this. Remember how I feel betray when battery was fisnih in middle of a bike ride in the noisy city at peak hour....was SO mad to not have brought real IEM! It was the last time with the Macaw LOL But as said, I wasnt disgust by how they sound, just not impress as I can be with 10$ chifi iem lot of time. There something I should review tough, its a little gadget that permit you to make any of your IEM BT, I find it quite cool for my soundsystem, and ZS5....and even more Superlux cause they have a very small cable. But another time, battery life was a problem, take more time charging it than the play time it give. (hum, I don't remember the name or brand, I find the BT receiver gadget but there no brand on it)
Well, it make 6 months I receive it....did not find it but it look like this:
https://www.gearbest.com/headphone-accessories/pp_1186940.html

Dec 10, 2017 at 9:49 PM Post #5,069 of 31,833
Not try that,, can be interesting if signal distance is better too(big problem there)....yeah, battery life...forget to mention this. Remember how I feel betray when battery was fisnih in middle of a bike ride in the noisy city at peak hour....was SO mad to not have brought real IEM! It was the last time with the Macaw LOL But as said, I wasnt disgust by how they sound, just not impress as I can be with 10$ chifi iem lot of time. There something I should review tough, its a little gadget that permit you to make any of your IEM BT, I find it quite cool for my soundsystem, and ZS5....and even more Superlux cause they have a very small cable. But another time, battery life was a problem, take more time charging it than the play time it give. (hum, I don't remember the name or brand, I find the BT receiver gadget but there no brand on it)
Well, it make 6 months I receive it....did not find it but it look like this:
https://www.gearbest.com/headphone-accessories/pp_1186940.html

This Xiaomi one works great (using it right now with Fidelio X2). Has around 5hr battery life and built very well:

https://www.gearbest.com/headphone-accessories/pp_663674.html

Dec 10, 2017 at 11:57 PM Post #5,070 of 31,833

Users who are viewing this thread

Back