CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Oct 28, 2017 at 6:40 AM Post #4,111 of 31,833
I see you are from Thailand, when i searched on Goggle last night, the only info i found was on a thai site, i translated in english with G. translate, and as shown on the V2's box, the sound is imporved.
Do you own the V2 and V1? Thanks.
I have neither, just the H3.

Oct 28, 2017 at 6:41 AM Post #4,112 of 31,833
Hello.

I'm looking for a new IEM sub-100€ (more than 100$...). I want very good sub bass extension and bass presence, but I don't want V shaped IEM because I like forward voices and soft treble. Also I like big soundstage and airy and clear sound. Well, seems very difficult.

I have a lot of IEMS:

RHA T20, RHA MA750, RHA S500, 1More E1001 (Triple Driver), Ostry KC06A, KZ ZS6, KZ ZS5, KZ ZS3, KZ ZST, KZ ZSE, VJJB V1, Fiio EX1, Rock Zircon, MEMT X5.

Probably I want a mix between RHA T20 (I want more sub bass), 1More E1001 (I want more clarity and voices more forward), Ostry KC06A (I want more separation and big soundstage) and KZ ZS6 (I want better defined bass and soft treble).

I read about this model, Musicmaker TK12 here:
http://www.aproear.co.uk/musicmaker-tk12/

And I like all I read of TK12 "huge 3D soundstage and great clarity; absolutely massive sounding" probably they are what I'm looking for.
I see there are a MMCX version, I hope both models will be the same.

The music I listen are 80% electronic music, 20% indie.

The last IEM I listen was Kinera H3, but really don't like me. Bass and sub bass are very good, but voices and low midrange are very recessed to me. Finally upper midrange and low treble are massive with a big presence. I don't like this anything.

Can you help me? Is TK12 the IEM I'm looking for?

Thank you very much in advance.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017 at 7:51 AM Post #4,113 of 31,833
Hello.

I'm looking for a new IEM sub-100€ (more than 100$...). I want very good sub bass extension and bass presence, but I don't want V shaped IEM because I lile forward voices and soft treble. Also I like big soundstage and airy and clear sound. Well seems very difficult.

I have a lot of IEMS:

RHA T20, RHA MA750, RHA S500, 1More E1001 (Triple Driver), Ostry KC06A, KZ ZS6, KZ ZS5, KZ ZS3, KZ ZST, KZ ZSE, VJJB V1, Fiio EX1, Rock Zircon, MEMT X5.

Probably I want a mix between RHA T20 (I want more sub bass), 1More E1001 (I want more clarity and voices more forward), Ostry KC06A (I want more separation and big soundstage) and KZ ZS6 (I want better defined bass and soft treble).

And I like all I read of TK12 "huge 3D soundstage and great clarity; absolutely massive sounding" probably they are what I'm looking for.

The last IEM I listen was Kinera H3, but really don't like me. Bass and sub bass are very good, but voices and low midrange are very recessed to me. Finally upper midrange and low treble are massive with a big presence. I don't like this anything.

That is exactly what i am looking for and i can increase my budget if i find something exactly as you mention(qualities) above ,

Oct 28, 2017 at 8:22 AM Post #4,114 of 31,833
Hello.

I'm looking for a new IEM sub-100€ (more than 100$...). I want very good sub bass extension and bass presence, but I don't want V shaped IEM because I lile forward voices and soft treble. Also I like big soundstage and airy and clear sound. Well seems very difficult.

I have a lot of IEMS:

i think the tk12 will serve you guys nicely--my understanding is that the tk12s version is the same but with a removeable cable. in the same league i'd look at the tfz 5/king. i haven't heard the t20 or vjjb but prefer the foregoing to the others on your list.

Oct 28, 2017 at 11:13 AM Post #4,115 of 31,833
20171028_090731.jpg
They came just like this, no other packaging (besides a comical amount of bubble wrap) :D

Oct 28, 2017 at 11:30 AM Post #4,116 of 31,833

They came just like this, no other packaging (besides a comical amount of bubble wrap) :D
Strange, I got the full box but then again mine came direct from the manufacturer. Anyway, hope to hear your impressions soon!

Oct 28, 2017 at 11:59 AM Post #4,117 of 31,833
DM5 is a quad driver ala. KZ ZS5 actually. I don't have the K3 Pro but I do have the Audbos branded K3 which wasn't supposed to be all too different and I'd take the DM5 over it. Cleaner sounding, more detail, better extension end to end, amazing sub-bass. They are quite bright and v-shaped though, at least to me.
Can You tell me somehow how much v-shaped DM5 actually is? Compared with KZ ZS5 and **** 4in1 for example?
Took me long enough to get this out. My thoughts on the TinAudio T2;
https://head-fi.org/showcase/tinaudio-t2.22715/reviews
Thank You for making my next IEM choice even harder, LOL -.-
It has 4 drivers per side. You can see the two BAs in the nozzle. The housing is what holds the dual graphene dynamics.

The guys that are interested in the DM5. I feel I got the most out of my pair as I type. Been using them pretty much ever since I got them. This is what I know about them thus far.

They do punch way above their price. They are in deed a true quad driver iem. The stock accessories they come with are kinda ho hum. They need burn in out of the box an absolute must.
They do extremely well to tip changes and better cables. It seems to me the actual sound make up comes to lfe with better stuff around it meaning. Better tips, ( Complys ) better cords.

I am using a hybrid cable I bought off of Aliexpress https://www.aliexpress.com/item/OKC...btsid=851edd40-5a3e-46c7-bb66-c462f48706e6and it brings the DM5 up to a level of sound you guys wouldn't believe. Let me put it this way . I am now considering selling off my ATH- IM03 with an upgraded cable, the cable itself which cost almost double the cost of a single DM5. This combo being north of $400. I don't feel it sounds all that much better than my DM5 and hybrid cable..Sounds great in balanced by the way.

The BAs in the housing are for real but are also sensitive to sources. They need a low impedance out source to sound best or they can sound harsh.

IMO one of the biggest surprises for me this year and completely worth $65 you can get them for.
Would they "calm down" @ highs with wolfson DAC signature? Though, I have HW/FW modded DX50 and it doesn`t sound as stock unit.
I agree with more drivers not necessarily meaning better sound. The DM5 is a true hybrid and sound like one. The bass is excellent on these. One of the best bass ends for hybrids that can hit every note and emphasis in the low region. The sound does come cohesive even though the BAs are in the nozzle. They do need a bit of TLC in the form of trying this and trying that as far as sources, tips and cables but in the end comes out as a clear worthy product. Can't say that about a lot of iems I have had that were much more expensive.
I`m not using and I don`t like foams - can I benefit still with different silicone tips? I have ~40 different tips.
My thoughts on the BGVP DM5, currently exclusive to The Contraptionist. Will post the review to Head-fi tomorrow. For now, I sleep.

Thanks for review! I probaly did right choice to exclude it from my whislist.

Now, I`m now between those IEMs:

1) Magaosi K3 PRO / HD
2) TFZ Exclusive 5 / King
3) Toneking 9 tail
4) TinAudio T2

Considering my love for modified ATE 5th gen & KZ ZS5v1 - what would You recommend to me
@B9Scrambler & @crabdog ? Other users input also welcome of course!
I also like Magaosi BK50 but it is somehow "too smooth" and missing some "crispiness and punch".
I also like **** 4in1 (with high-impedance cable and spiral dot tips), quite close sounding to ZS5v1 but slightly too neutral/recessed mids and too "cut off" decays/reverbs, thus sounding littlebit boring.
If only ZS5v1 (with large bore silicone tips and stock cable) would have my modified ATE FF-mod more prominent mids and punchy/tight "crisp & detailed" low end - I would have my personal end-game IEM.
ZS5v1 highs are quite perfect for my ears btw.

I certainly don`t wish recessed mids.
I certainly don`t wish harsh treble (especially around 6,5-7,5kHz)
I certainly don`t wish noticeable mid-bass boost.
I certainly don`t wish for clear V-shaped IEM.

I wish for near-neutral signature with slight warmish tilted sound (littlebit L-shape or W-shape signature is tolerable),
tight, punchy and detailed "crisp" bass (not only mid-bass but also sub-bass rumble and micro-details),
slightly "smooth" but detailed treble,
large soundstage (rather better frontal depth than width) and imaging "out of the headstage" (no in-your-face inside headspace vocals like LZ A2S for example).

I know, it`s hard to get something like that but which comes closest to my wishes?
K3Pro?

I think I will exclude also 9Tail because of shape and price.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017 at 5:06 PM Post #4,118 of 31,833
Strange, I got the full box but then again mine came direct from the manufacturer. Anyway, hope to hear your impressions soon!
Yeah, I ordered them from HotFi on aliexpress before they got unlisted and it seems likely given the wait times that they might not have actually had stock on hand. Still I got them for $58 and I feel pretty good about that :D

I had some pretty high hopes for these as from @crabdog's review they sound like they should be a pretty perfect fit for my preferences - slightly north of neutral but unobtrusive bass, wonderfully natural mids, slightly bright but not overly sparkly - sounds like a musical unicorn to me, and initial impressions are that they are indeed absolutely wonderful.

So far the one thing that really stands out to me in my initial impressions are cymbals and high hats though - they sound very recessed to me, but in a good way - pushed back to the edge of the soundstage where they sound very natural but not so in-your-face (so far it seems to be even when they were present that way in the mix originally).

Oct 28, 2017 at 11:20 PM Post #4,119 of 31,833
Yeah, I ordered them from HotFi on aliexpress before they got unlisted and it seems likely given the wait times that they might not have actually had stock on hand. Still I got them for $58 and I feel pretty good about that :D

I had some pretty high hopes for these as from @crabdog's review they sound like they should be a pretty perfect fit for my preferences - slightly north of neutral but unobtrusive bass, wonderfully natural mids, slightly bright but not overly sparkly - sounds like a musical unicorn to me, and initial impressions are that they are indeed absolutely wonderful.

So far the one thing that really stands out to me in my initial impressions are cymbals and high hats though - they sound very recessed to me, but in a good way - pushed back to the edge of the soundstage where they sound very natural but not so in-your-face (so far it seems to be even when they were present that way in the mix originally).
Really pleased to hear that you like them. I never did get a reply from HotFi or Veedix as to why they were unlisted. I just hope that Veedix doesn't disappear because I'm keen as mustard to hear more of what they can do.

Oct 29, 2017 at 4:08 AM Post #4,121 of 31,833
Some more first day impressions on the Veedix NC50 - still clearly in the honeymoon phase, so y'know, take with a healthy sized mountain of salt. :wink: Also bear in mind I'm not a basshead - quite the opposite actually, I'm rather adverse to excessively present bass and strongly prefer an at least slightly bright signature.

So as I noted above, mine came with no extra packaging beyond the Veedix branded case, but included three pairs of silicone tips in addition to the pre-installed ones (four sets total) and a set of blue foams. White mic'd cable instead of the darkly colored cable shown (and mic-less according to the listing iirc), white shirt clip, and black leather cable tie complete the package.

Sensitivity seems relatively accurate - ie very sensitive and they'll gladly expose the noise floor of most anything I plug them into without an attenuator in tow, but I've been known to be especially sensitive to an audible noise floor and I don't have any extremely low noise floor sources on hand. Shouldn't take much power to get them to a comfortable listening volume though.

The cable is a bit stiff and unruly and seems to have a bit of a mind of its own at times, but no memory wire and it's plenty comfortable.

Fit is a bit curious, other than medium Starlines (which are what I'm using currently) I find myself needing considerably larger tips than I'm used to using to get a good seal - a bit strange, but nothing particularly problematic and they're quite comfortable with the right tips.

So how do they sound?

These things can pack some seriously thunderous bass when called upon. It's not overwhelming for the most part, and it strikes me as incredibly well controlled, but it certainly hovers very close to the top end of my comfort zone at times and limits comfortable listening volume in a quiet environment a bit - very satisfying, but I certainly have no desire to flick the bass boost switch on. I'm hearing them as relatively L-shaped due to that thunderous bass, but there's some play going on that keeps them sounding comfortably bright without seeming to recess mids significantly - a somewhat curious albeit very comfortable signature to my ear.

Speaking of mids, despite the thunderous bass, they seem like the real star of the show, just wonderfully natural sounding, though presence does seem to vary a bit from quite forward and in-head to slightly pushed back at times, but not in a bass bleeding sort of way (quite the opposite, vocals seem to cut through with clarity in spite of heavy bass), so I'm having trouble putting my finger on why.

Treble sounds somewhat rolled off or possibly a bit smoothed over - not a ton of sparkle to be had, but still present enough to come off as slightly bright (which is a bit of a wonder in the wake of such thunderous bass). Cymbals and high-hats continue to confound me - they sound very natural but the effect of having them pushed back so far, while absolutely wonderful, is still a bit distracting as it's very much the opposite of what I'm used to hearing.

Sound stage strikes me as a bit on the smaller side (particularly not very wide), but extremely precise imaging keeps it feeling very spacious and well separated.

Oct 29, 2017 at 4:22 AM Post #4,123 of 31,833
Definitely both. I prefer over ears unless the prices are too good too miss.

Too much to buy, too little to buy with and not enough ears to hear them all. :confounded:
on 11.11 both are gonna be for $35 each, so i think i shouln't miss both.
Yeah too much to buy :D Tennmak guy tony gave 11.11 discount before 11.11 for crazy cello @ around $37. Got complementary Pro with cello.

Oct 29, 2017 at 6:40 AM Post #4,124 of 31,833
Oct 29, 2017 at 8:37 AM Post #4,125 of 31,833
Some more first day impressions on the Veedix NC50 - still clearly in the honeymoon phase, so y'know, take with a healthy sized mountain of salt. :wink: Also bear in mind I'm not a basshead - quite the opposite actually, I'm rather adverse to excessively present bass and strongly prefer an at least slightly bright signature.

So as I noted above, mine came with no extra packaging beyond the Veedix branded case, but included three pairs of silicone tips in addition to the pre-installed ones (four sets total) and a set of blue foams. White mic'd cable instead of the darkly colored cable shown (and mic-less according to the listing iirc), white shirt clip, and black leather cable tie complete the package.

Sensitivity seems relatively accurate - ie very sensitive and they'll gladly expose the noise floor of most anything I plug them into without an attenuator in tow, but I've been known to be especially sensitive to an audible noise floor and I don't have any extremely low noise floor sources on hand. Shouldn't take much power to get them to a comfortable listening volume though.

The cable is a bit stiff and unruly and seems to have a bit of a mind of its own at times, but no memory wire and it's plenty comfortable.

Fit is a bit curious, other than medium Starlines (which are what I'm using currently) I find myself needing considerably larger tips than I'm used to using to get a good seal - a bit strange, but nothing particularly problematic and they're quite comfortable with the right tips.

So how do they sound?

These things can pack some seriously thunderous bass when called upon. It's not overwhelming for the most part, and it strikes me as incredibly well controlled, but it certainly hovers very close to the top end of my comfort zone at times and limits comfortable listening volume in a quiet environment a bit - very satisfying, but I certainly have no desire to flick the bass boost switch on. I'm hearing them as relatively L-shaped due to that thunderous bass, but there's some play going on that keeps them sounding comfortably bright without seeming to recess mids significantly - a somewhat curious albeit very comfortable signature to my ear.

Speaking of mids, despite the thunderous bass, they seem like the real star of the show, just wonderfully natural sounding, though presence does seem to vary a bit from quite forward and in-head to slightly pushed back at times, but not in a bass bleeding sort of way (quite the opposite, vocals seem to cut through with clarity in spite of heavy bass), so I'm having trouble putting my finger on why.

Treble sounds somewhat rolled off or possibly a bit smoothed over - not a ton of sparkle to be had, but still present enough to come off as slightly bright (which is a bit of a wonder in the wake of such thunderous bass). Cymbals and high-hats continue to confound me - they sound very natural but the effect of having them pushed back so far, while absolutely wonderful, is still a bit distracting as it's very much the opposite of what I'm used to hearing.

Sound stage strikes me as a bit on the smaller side (particularly not very wide), but extremely precise imaging keeps it feeling very spacious and well separated.
I found mine to settle a bit after a couple of days. Whether it was burn-in or brain-in I don't know but at first I found them a bit bright and bass heavy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back