CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Oct 27, 2017 at 6:22 AM Post #4,099 of 31,833
The Hifiman RE400 is selling for $26 on JD. I remember paying $100+ for them a long time ago, but I've since lost/destroyed them and I don't remember how they sounded. So with today's competition, is it a good deal or what?

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017 at 6:29 AM Post #4,100 of 31,833
The Hifiman RE400 is selling for $26 on JD. I remember paying $100+ for them a long time ago, but I've since lost/destroyed them and I don't remember how they sounded. So with today's competition, is it a good deal or what?

It's a very good deal for $26. The sound is balanced, smooth and relaxing. Very comfortable and good as a daily driver.

Oct 27, 2017 at 7:25 AM Post #4,101 of 31,833

Who is this JD you speak of?

Oct 27, 2017 at 2:27 PM Post #4,104 of 31,833
Hi there.

My kinera bd005 right side dynamic driver suddenly stopped working. I had them for less then two weeks...I am sure it is not a cable or mmcx issue cause I tried swapping one side to the other. I even tried with another cable to make sure it is not a cable problem. and still the right side has no bass from the dynamic, I hear only the weak bass from the armature. Left side's bass is much stronger.

I am very disappointed by kinera, or maybe I was unlucky to get a short lived pair.

Oct 27, 2017 at 2:36 PM Post #4,105 of 31,833
Hi there.

My kinera bd005 right side dynamic driver suddenly stopped working. I had them for less then two weeks...I am sure it is not a cable or mmcx issue cause I tried swapping one side to the other. I even tried with another cable to make sure it is not a cable problem. and still the right side has no bass from the dynamic, I hear only the weak bass from the armature. Left side's bass is much stronger.

I am very disappointed by kinera, or maybe I was unlucky to get a short lived pair.
They have had some minor QC issues in the past. Have you contacted the seller? They might send you a replacement if you're lucky. Also the bd005 V2 is coming soon.

Oct 27, 2017 at 4:09 PM Post #4,106 of 31,833
I doubt the ali seller would resend a new pair after two weeks from package receveid. I think they resend only if they arrived already damaged.
These iems are sub $20 so it is not a big waste of money. But it makes me think it's better buying 10 cheaper iems than a single costly one. It would be a huge disappoitment if something costing $100-200 fails in few weeks.

Guys what is your experience regarding iems lifespan? Are BA more durable than dynamic drivers?

Oct 27, 2017 at 5:04 PM Post #4,107 of 31,833
I doubt the ali seller would resend a new pair after two weeks from package receveid. I think they resend only if they arrived already damaged.
These iems are sub $20 so it is not a big waste of money. But it makes me think it's better buying 10 cheaper iems than a single costly one. It would be a huge disappoitment if something costing $100-200 fails in few weeks.

Guys what is your experience regarding iems lifespan? Are BA more durable than dynamic drivers?
I've only had 2 IEMs that died on me that I can remember. One was a cheap KZ EDR2 that fell apart when I was changing tips (wasn't glued together properly but I snapped the wires when it came apart). The other was a $150 hybrid the DQSM D2002 where the female MMCX connector fell out of the body while swapping the cable. Got that one repaired for about $20.

Oct 27, 2017 at 10:47 PM Post #4,109 of 31,833
Oct 28, 2017 at 6:15 AM Post #4,110 of 31,833
I see you are from Thailand, when i searched on Goggle last night, the only info i found was on a thai site, i translated in english with G. translate, and as shown on the V2's box, the sound is improved.
Thanks.
Edit: Talked to some guys on the group, the dowside would be the price, they said it is going to be double the price of the V1. Screenshot_20171028-133833.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back