CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Aug 3, 2019 at 5:20 AM Post #19,081 of 31,832
**** now $27+ . What's happened ? New upgraded model ?

EDIT :

I should have kept my mouth shut :)

EDIT2:

Actually price of many IEMs/DACs gone up.
e.g. I bought EINSEAR T2 for a cuz few days back for USD 9.60, now it's USD 12.80
Lusya SA9023A + ES9018K2M USB portable DAC which I was eyeing was USD 22, now USD 29.13.
Prices always go up before a sale, August one is coming up

Aug 3, 2019 at 10:23 AM Post #19,082 of 31,832
So, i finally (get rid) DONE my review of KB Ear F1, and its a NO NO NO.

Can give a look on headfi or my review blog.

At this price, they should sell them 10$ more and put a Knowles armature in it instead.

I still believe KB have some potential....especially for the TRI I4 that use dynamic plus KNOWLES ba.

I mean....AUDIOSENSE T180 is in da house, this make look very ridiculous the F1, as if it came from the 50's or something in term of sound timbre and treble.

Aug 3, 2019 at 10:35 AM Post #19,083 of 31,832
So, i finally (get rid) DONE my review of KB Ear F1, and its a NO NO NO.

Can give a look on headfi or my review blog.

At this price, they should sell them 10$ more and put a Knowles armature in it instead.

I still believe KB have some potential....especially for the TRI I4 that use dynamic plus KNOWLES ba.

I mean....AUDIOSENSE T180 is in da house, this make look very ridiculous the F1, as if it came from the 50's or something in term of sound timbre and treble.
That is a good objective review. I actually enjoy the F1, it does improve with burn in and amplification, yes, the bass is a little shy and the overall tonality is a little cold, but it is a competent performer. I'm going to be busy soon, with ZS10 Pro, TRI i4 and BLON BL-03 all coming soon plus Linsoul 16 core cable!

Aug 3, 2019 at 11:01 AM Post #19,084 of 31,832
That is a good objective review. I actually enjoy the F1, it does improve with burn in and amplification, yes, the bass is a little shy and the overall tonality is a little cold, but it is a competent performer. I'm going to be busy soon, with ZS10 Pro, TRI i4 and BLON BL-03 all coming soon plus Linsoul 16 core cable!
I'm looking forward for the TRI 4 and
Blon BL-03 reviews

Aug 3, 2019 at 11:03 AM Post #19,085 of 31,832
Well those sure look interesting, will perhaps try them too....

Thanks....i rush it tough, but it still make me listen to much to these. I don't believe in burn in for ba, only exception is with hybrid, but its the dynamic that burn in in fact.
F1 have no imaging, it sound like an old shouty radio to me....at this 30$ price its just a no go really and i guess only people that recieve them for free can tolerate this type of sound. Its really the sound you can get with free iem that come with cheap player. I mean....Chi-fi is a very competitive world, I really wonder why we talk about F1 here whatsoever.

-----No buyer passionate about chi-fi will ever come here say: man, F1 sound great, you should try them!----EDIT: its not true, some peope might like the F1. We all have different ears.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2019 at 11:06 AM Post #19,086 of 31,832
I might just be allergic to Bellsing BAs too...will go see my doctor about this.

Aug 3, 2019 at 11:17 AM Post #19,087 of 31,832
Well those sure look interesting, will perhaps try them too....

Thanks....i rush it tough, but it still make me listen to much to these. I don't believe in burn in for ba, only exception is with hybrid, but its the dynamic that burn in in fact.
F1 have no imaging, it sound like an old shouty radio to me....at this 30$ price its just a no go really and i guess only people that recieve them for free can tolerate this type of sound. Its really the sound you can get with free iem that come with cheap player. I mean....Chi-fi is a very competitive world, I really wonder why we talk about F1 here whatsoever. No buyer passionate about chi-fi will ever come here say: man, F1 sound great, you should try them!
I found burn in very effective on the A10 (5BA), especially. Huge difference after 100 hours, signature changed drastically.

Aug 3, 2019 at 11:22 AM Post #19,088 of 31,832
I found burn in very effective on the A10 (5BA), especially. Huge difference after 100 hours, signature changed drastically.
well, all of this is mystery really....so I always give benifit of doubt to assumption like your....and this give me hope the the Tripowin TP10 will improve too wich is nice!

For F1, will try burn them in intensely and if sound improve I will update my review.

Aug 3, 2019 at 11:49 AM Post #19,089 of 31,832
well, all of this is mystery really....so I always give benifit of doubt to assumption like your....and this give me hope the the Tripowin TP10 will improve too wich is nice!
For F1, will try burn them in intensely and if sound improve I will update my review.
TP10 is the same as A10 and KBEAR KB10 so you should hear a difference. Your feelings about the F1 differ quite substantially from mine and others, perhaps it is not performing 100%?

Aug 3, 2019 at 11:50 AM Post #19,090 of 31,832
Anyone tried the TRN V60. Is it good?

Aliexpress NICEHCK audio store is selling them at $11 USD.
Am tempted to just blind buy it at this crazy pricing!

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2019 at 12:02 PM Post #19,091 of 31,832

Just wondering. How would you describe 9T vs No3? Both are on my short list and Im interested in this compare. Also CNT1 too(you did order that one right), when you get it.

Aug 3, 2019 at 12:09 PM Post #19,092 of 31,832
Just wondering. How would you describe 9T vs No3? Both are on my short list and Im interested in this compare. Also CNT1 too(you did order that one right), when you get it.

Hi I didn't order the CNT1 haha, have to resist the temptation on that one. For now.

I made a mini comparison of the Nine Tails vs TFZ No. 3 in my amateur Nine Tails review: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/toneking-nine-tail.22673/reviews#review-22421

Basically the Nine Tails is much more versatile as it has 9 tuning filter options, whereas the No. 3 is quite bass heavy, so it may not suit all genres of music. But the No. 3 has better bass in quantity and quality.
In terms of clarity, soundstage and details, Nine Tails edges it slightly. But isolation is below average on Nine Tails, and the design is pretty unconventional, so I suspect a lot of people are not gonna want to try it (but I can definitely say the fit and comfort is excellent once you get used to the positioning).

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2019 at 12:23 PM Post #19,093 of 31,832
The Semkarch graph sure looks interesting. I'm still looking for a good DD IEM. How's the clarity and details for this IEM?

This and once we're at it I'd really like to know how the Semkarch compare to the Blon BL-03, Mooondrop Crescents (or KPE), Toneking Nine Tail or any other single DD soundwise?
Anyone?
(I already have 4 more single DD puppies on their way; just don't want to buy them all but most probably will end up with most of 'em anyway, same old story ...)

You might as well take a look at the TRN IM2 on AE (~13€). Some folks over at the TRN thread seem to like their set quite a bit, one guy compared them favorably to his TFZ Secret Love:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/trn-impressions-thread.881761/page-49#post-15091335

Aug 3, 2019 at 12:26 PM Post #19,094 of 31,832
No buyer passionate about chi-fi will ever come here say: man, F1 sound great, you should try them!

That is not true. There are those of us who like it.

Aug 3, 2019 at 12:47 PM Post #19,095 of 31,832
That is not true. There are those of us who like it.
yeah, in the back of my head an alarm ring when i write this.
i should not talk for other.
will just say lot of people do not like them already.
will edit this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back