1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

BEST Sub-100$ BUDGET EARPHONES - Chi-fi, Obscure brands and impressions sharing-REFERENCE LIST

1. mbwilson111
    That is a very good description of an out of phase iem or bud. It could be the wiring in one earpiece or the cable could ne the problem. First try reversing the pins on ONE side.

Slater and paulindss like this.
  2. harry501501
    Just tried that out and nothing changes. I've already tried different cables too. I don't think it's a fault, it kinda reminds me of the TRN-V80. It's like they've tried to tune it to something along the lines of the TFZ Ex 5.

EDIT : I've tried the cable out on the ZS10 Pro and the cables seems fine and little (to no) change on the sound of the KZ

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
    paulindss and mbwilson111 like this.
  3. mbwilson111
    That is kind of strange. If you reversed the pins on ONE side only, you would have put it out of phase (assuming it was already in phase). That would have changed the sound.

If it was out of phase from the beginning then reversing the pins on one piece should have widened the soundstage and gotten rid of the hollow weird sound.

This reminds me of something my husband was recabling and no matter what he did with the wiring it did not sound right. finally he found that the solder joints were messed up and he was able to fix it. Another time it turned out that one of the drivers was wound wrong and he had to trash that driver.

Whatever the problem is, they obviously need to be sent back. Sadly, Amazon will just send them to someone else. If you have packaged it perfectly they probably will pass it off as new.

It will be interesting to see if anyone else has a problem.

harry501501 and paulindss like this.
  4. paulindss
    I have a Bqeyz KB1 that came wired out of phase, however, it was not the cable, but the internal pin. I opened and reversed it.

It is indeed strange, as @mbwilson111 said. Reversing the pins on one side SHOULD change the sound, making them on phase - in case of the iem being out of phase. Or otherwise.

One simple test is getting the IEMs to play something and face the two nozzles right away, if the sound get's quieter, it's out of phase.

5. TheVortex
    IMG_20190730_135211.jpg

I received these NiceHCK NX7 today. Let's see if they are worth my money. Will burn them in overnight.

LaughMoreDaily likes this.
  6. harry501501
    Thanks for the suggestions. I really wanted this to sound good as well. Yeah, it will be interesting if anyone comes out with a different review here or elsewhere but IMO they're working fine, just not tuned particularly well. Def not to the level of $1000 as they claim.

Think I'll go get the much discussed BLON BL03 from Alie... looking at the NICEHCK N7 too (but not much on it apart from a Chinese article, which surprisingly got translated quite well lol).

Seem to be a lot of crazy hybrids cheap these days.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
    LaughMoreDaily likes this.
  7. mbwilson111
    I am looking forward to receiving my Semkarch CNT1.

8. rodel808
    Ill make this short since I'm on my lunch break. NX7 sounds similar to ZS10Pro. Some difference I picked out between them:
    == about 50hrs burn in ==
    * nx7 bass is quicker and few db lower but goes extends just as low
    * ZS10Pro bass has more bass rumble
    * nx7 seems to have more clarity and resolution in the higher treble region...I feel tuning is slightly brighter
    * ZS10Pro mids are slightly more upfront
    * ZS10Pro soundstage slightly wider

I prefer the NX7 over ZS10Pro and listen mostly to r&b and hip-hop.

9. harry501501
    Yeah, was told to have a look at the CNT1, look forward to your findings

10. harry501501
    WOW, great timing. Is the NX7 at double the price worth buying if you had the 10 PRO in your opinion?

11. mbwilson111
    DBaldock9 and harry501501 like this.
  12. harry501501
  13. mbwilson111
    I think they are being closed out because most the ali sellers have them for that price now Penon still wants $95 Lol... but a year or more ago people were loving them for that price. They look like they will be well built.

harry501501 and DBaldock9 like this.
  14. SuperLuigi
    I ended up ordering these a few days ago too. Already shippped from NiceHck. I was reading some comments in my research and i saw people comparing them to ibasso IT01 in quality. I'm very excited to try them out after my recent chi-fi purge. But I do think I'll be taking an extended break from purchases after this. I have the sony mh755(amazing value), my pioneer se-ch3t(great all around), koss ksc75s(again, great value) with the koss kph30i on the way, and how these semarcks. It's hard to imagine how i improve in sound quality without having to really increase my budget. I think the only thing i'm really going to look into is some budget true wireless headphones. Tempted by the QCY product line but apprehensive to buy knowing some new chips are being released.

But i am definitely(hopefully) not buying anymore sub $20 headphones. I'd rather buy the sony mh755 and learn how to do cable mods. Wonder if i could add a microphone to them..?

LaughMoreDaily and DBaldock9 like this.
  15. DBaldock9
    These cables have a Mic/Remote control, which I believe will work with Android & iPhones. - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32817008191.html