Best sounding mp3 player?
Nov 3, 2008 at 4:07 AM Post #61 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJGeorgeT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love the cowon d2 because the mids are very warm. True, the bass and highs are missing, but the mids are very nice.

The fuze/clip offers a very loud sound. Loud meaning that there is tons of bass and high. The highs and lows could be more extended, but I am not complaining. I can't really say that the fuze provides audiophile quality audio, but it is great for casual listening on the go.

I love both the cowon and fuze as well for different reasons.

Well if people consider the Cowon D2 an audiophile quality player then I assume that the Fuze is too. The sound quality is one of the best no doubt.

Nov 29, 2008 at 11:23 PM Post #62 of 92
iriver h120 or 140 is definitely the best mp3 player! with line and optical out..
wink.gif

Nov 29, 2008 at 11:27 PM Post #63 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chinkydelight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oh yah the gigabeat also stands out. i think its the giga 400. havent heard it though

I love my Gigabeat F - it sounds really nice as-is (with my V6's), and even better with my FiiO E3. My D2 has a bit more punch with the right settings however, so it depends on what kind of mood I'm in.

Nov 30, 2008 at 4:36 AM Post #64 of 92
iaudio x5 and meizu m6

Dec 12, 2008 at 2:16 AM Post #65 of 92
yup no best its very subjective depending on how u want ur music to sound.. Like the cowon d2 and the sony walkman.. I prefer my walkman than the cowon d2. but other people prefer the d2 than the walkman... ITs just preference actually

Dec 12, 2008 at 2:20 AM Post #66 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by V3lier /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well if people consider the Cowon D2 an audiophile quality player then I assume that the Fuze is too. The sound quality is one of the best no doubt.

Well, more listening and the fuze sounds better than the cowon. I actually listen more to the fuze. Best sound.

Dec 12, 2008 at 7:04 PM Post #69 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by sheffsteel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There's no "best", it's all subjective.

going to have to disagree with you there.

best is the one with the flatest response curve end of story.

everything else is just personal preference.

i personaly like my DIYmod 3g iPod

Dec 13, 2008 at 3:32 PM Post #70 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by matt_510 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
going to have to disagree with you there.

best is the one with the flatest response curve end of story.

everything else is just personal preference.

i personaly like my DIYmod 3g iPod

I'm afraid that statement is subjective too. Flat may be best for you, not for many others. I wouldn't want to listen to music on studio reference monitors for long either (or at least not recreational listening)

Dec 13, 2008 at 4:36 PM Post #71 of 92
Buy something with a line-out... then you have the option to upgrade your rig with an amp and get the best quality possible from your dap

Dec 13, 2008 at 9:37 PM Post #73 of 92
My vote goes to the Sansa Fuze:

Great SQ, great balance, great soundstage.
Great value.
Small form factor and doesn't need an amp with my cans (I got tired of lugging the Ipod + amp around)
Ogg and Flac support.
Micro SD expansion slot.

And it sounds much better than the Ipod 5g even if the Ipod is amped through line out.

Dec 13, 2008 at 10:33 PM Post #75 of 92
I definitely stand behind the Sony NW-HD series, mainly the MP3-compatible HD5, currently I am listening to a compilation of Seal on it with my RM-MC40ELK, FiiO E5, and MDR-NC60 NC cans (with NC on, 40 ohms).

Can any of you fellow Head-Fi'ers out there say "ATRAC/3/3Plus"?

Despite the fact it only puts out a measly 5 mW (and even lower if you own a non-hacked EU version), it by far has some of the best SQ of most players, and most of you will probably have to agree, amped or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back