recommend it.
*Technical Details
- 2, 4 GB Internal Flash Memory
- Touch-Sensitive LED Controls
- MP3, WMA, Ogg & MPEG-4 Support
- DNSe sound engine
- FM tuner/recorder with presets

Sep 9, 2008 at 6:51 AM Post #17 of 92
Kenwood Media Keg---> One of the best sounding DAPs in current market.
Keg with Shure 530 was the best combination I've ever heard in portable gears so far. If you dont mind the cost and the size of the player, you won't regret it.

Sep 9, 2008 at 5:57 PM Post #18 of 92
Wow, lots of votes for the Sansa Clip.. I owned the Sandisk Sansa 4gb and 8gb models and I thought it sounds terrible (without any additional amplification; plugging in Westone UM2 directly). I switched to a Samsung T9 and I think that sounds A LOT better unamped.

Oct 11, 2008 at 1:45 AM Post #19 of 92
I have a special need.

First, I love heavy punchy bass. The kind that you can feel in your chest.
Second, I ride a motorcycle and have found that music that sounds grand while sitting still, looses all its bass when rumbling down the road on my bike.
I have tried many different mp3 players and IEM to solve my issue and here is what I have found.
The BEST, without a doubt, sounding IEM (for my kind of listening) are the RadioShack part number 33-1167 which I think are made by Koss. They have the most incredible live sounding deep rich bass of all. You can crank them up and the bass just gets better without sounding mushy. They are not sold anymore.
The other thing I have run into is most of the mp3 players don't have much drive to really push good strong bass without sounding fake or over-driven.
On my motorcycle, I don't need anything but a music player, so I am currently using an old RCA-Lyra player. I also have a Sony NWZ-810SF. The Sony isn't so bad for my needs because I can use the EQ to taylor the sound for my noisy riding environment, but it still doesn't compete with the Lyra which sounds like it has a huge amp driving it. Of course the Lyra dosen't hold squat.
I would really like to find something new and even better. Something that has kickin bass punch and at least 4Gigs of storage. I would also like to find a set of IEMs that compare or rival the current ones I have (10Hz low end). I have tried a pair of Shure SCL2 in-ear monitors, which have no bass, and the SCL3 which are even worse.

I would love to hear your suggestions on what you feel is the best IEM and mp3 player to solve my desire to shake my chest through my ears without being blasting loud (If that makes sense) while riding a motorcycle with engine noise and wind whistling by my helment.

thanks.

Oct 11, 2008 at 7:20 AM Post #20 of 92
Make sure to look up if certain players can actually properly drive the IEMs as certain DAPs have difficulty producing low frequencies without heavy roll off with any armature based IEM... This being the reason (I suspect) why you'll randomly have people posting over on the headphone board asking why their Gummys sound better than their UM2s.
wink.gif
Perhaps a simple Sansa Clip matched with a dynamic based IEM?

Oct 11, 2008 at 9:34 PM Post #21 of 92
I've had a Z80, iPod 40GB 4th Gen, and a Meizu M6 SL. I prefer the Meizu M6 best.

Meizu M6 > iPod 4th Gen > Z80 is how I'd put them.

I hear that the iRiver Clix 2 is the best though.

Oct 11, 2008 at 9:46 PM Post #22 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by smoka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, lots of votes for the Sansa Clip.. I owned the Sandisk Sansa 4gb and 8gb models and I thought it sounds terrible (without any additional amplification; plugging in Westone UM2 directly). I switched to a Samsung T9 and I think that sounds A LOT better unamped.

The other Sansas had different audio chips. Only the Clip and Fuze sound amazing.

Oct 12, 2008 at 4:56 PM Post #23 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by i_don't_know /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The other Sansas had different audio chips. Only the Clip and Fuze sound amazing.

I've heard the E280 V2 shares the same SQ as the clip and Fuze due to the fact all share the same audio chip.
popcorn.gif

Oct 12, 2008 at 6:42 PM Post #24 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've heard the E280 V2 shares the same SQ as the clip and Fuze due to the fact all share the same audio chip.
popcorn.gif

Thinking this way will lead to assumptions that iPods and iRivers (some models) sound the same due to the same Wolfson codec used. Just verify with your ears how wrong you are. If the E280 sounded the same as Fuze or Clip, it would have been among mostly recommended players which fortunately did not happen. For me best sounding players ever were or are: Rio Karma, iRiver E10, RAmos RM850.

Oct 12, 2008 at 6:57 PM Post #25 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by acegazda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
SQ = Sound Quality
SRS = A company that makes audio technology

A lot of people think (myself included) that the ipod, by itself, is average in terms of sound quality. If you use an external amp through the line out, then it is among the best sounding players out there.

There is truth to this statement as most headphone amp manufacturers use the iPod when designing their amps. There are just too many iPods out there.

So my question is, which iPod sounds the best from the LOD to amp?

Thanks.

Oct 13, 2008 at 4:29 AM Post #26 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by majkel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thinking this way will lead to assumptions that iPods and iRivers (some models) sound the same due to the same Wolfson codec used. Just verify with your ears how wrong you are. If the E280 sounded the same as Fuze or Clip, it would have been among mostly recommended players which fortunately did not happen. For me best sounding players ever were or are: Rio Karma, iRiver E10, RAmos RM850.

My post was more of a question, as this is what I'd heard. Your wrong w/how you post a response. In other threads you speak down to members - learn to deal like an adult. Give me a reply that doesn't sound like your talking to your 3yo, please, as I'm surely NOT your kid. Thanks for the response anyway.

Oct 13, 2008 at 8:55 PM Post #28 of 92
To farcry2,

I have always felt that for saftey reasons it is best to not listen to loud music when operating any dangerous machine....just my 2 cents

Oct 13, 2008 at 9:06 PM Post #30 of 92
subjective
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back