Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 7, 2017 at 10:48 AM Post #6,962 of 7,916

yep as you write with balanced chip dac you can have full pushpull amp to headphone 4wire
 with SE chip dac  or doing balanced dac to SE you can have a SE amp that con be full dual mono headphone 4wire or
standard stereo SE amp with negative/ground shared  for headphone 3wire
4wire headphone have better soundstaging  ie no crosstalk between channel
balanced mean differencial amp near the same as pushpull ie you have 4 amp ,one for negative side one for positive, x2 channel

Mar 7, 2017 at 1:05 PM Post #6,964 of 7,916
Guys, is there a big difference in SQ between the Letv X900 and the Le X820? I've found only the X820, Meizu Pro 5/6 and some Xiaomi models in my country. As an audio lover, I read a lot of positive things about Letv here, so I'm tending towards to it.

Mar 7, 2017 at 7:31 PM Post #6,967 of 7,916
Guys, is there a big difference in SQ between the Letv X900 and the Le X820? I've found only the X820, Meizu Pro 5/6 and some Xiaomi models in my country. As an audio lover, I read a lot of positive things about Letv here, so I'm tending towards to it.

Did you try demo yet? What is your opinion among these?

Mar 8, 2017 at 6:48 AM Post #6,968 of 7,916
Blocking member feature is now available.

Mar 8, 2017 at 11:03 AM Post #6,969 of 7,916

for speaker for sure no crosstalk in the amp ie dual mono sound a lot better
crossFeed for headphone can be a good thing......

I prefer 0 crosstalk or as close to it as possible, was always under the impression that it should be 0

Mar 8, 2017 at 6:02 PM Post #6,970 of 7,916
have you ever heard binaural recording on close-to-0 crosstalk headphones?
for me, very unnatural.
as our ears capture the other stereo side in nature as well, always.
but hey, whatever works :wink:

Mar 8, 2017 at 7:07 PM Post #6,971 of 7,916
Hello there people :D , I have been browsing the internet for days until I saw this forum. I am blown away..  didn't imagine a ''place'' like this existed :D
We are all here because of the love for music, I see this forum is primarily headphone oriented, but I often find myself in situations where I want to share or just listen to some music out loud while sometimes not having any home speaker or bluetooth speaker nearby.
... So if some of you would suggest or comment on some smartphones with loud yet quality and bassy speaker it would be a great thing.
My budget is a middle class oriented but all suggestions are welcome. 
Before I had Alcatel Idol 3 (4.7'') and it was really loud but lacked bass and it feel in water and stopped working :/ .
I imagine having frontal stereo speakers for this purpose is better option then Dolby mono speaker ..

Phones I was thinking about are:
Axon 7 mini - seems good according to reviews and comments online, quality, relatively loud and with some bass
Axon 7 - I have read it is not as good and loud as its Mini version.
Motorola Moto X Style - I have read it punches good bass for smartphones and is loud and quality - supposedly better then Axon 7 and maybe even better than Axon 7 mini
Lenovo Vibe X3 / lite.. ...(2x1.5W)  - I have read that it lacks bass,
Alcatel Idol 4s...  (2x3.6W) - i think it's not available here in Croatia but maybe i can order one if we agree it's the best...
Alcatel idol 3 4.7 ..(2X 1.2W)  - loud but not enough bass.

Would rooting and installing anything like Viper4Android help bringing fuller speaker sound or is it mainly improving internal sound quality and not speaker quality?

I ruled out following phones but I'm gonna list them anyway, maybe someone will find this info interesting:
HTC  models- I have read it's not as loud as above phones and generally HTC's more expensive
Lenovo K4 Note- supposedly quiet
Google Nexus 6p - loud but distorts at max volume, supposedly less bass then Moto X, more expensive then others
Marshall London - not available in croatia - no service if problems occur, expensive
iPhone 7 - not an option..

Please, write anything because I've been losing my mind these several days because of this.. hh

Mar 8, 2017 at 9:48 PM Post #6,972 of 7,916
  Hello there people :D , I have been browsing the internet for days until I saw this forum. I am blown away..  didn't imagine a ''place'' like this existed :D
We are all here because of the love for music, I see this forum is primarily headphone oriented, but I often find myself in situations where I want to share or just listen to some music out loud while sometimes not having any home speaker or bluetooth speaker nearby.
... So if some of you would suggest or comment on some smartphones with loud yet quality and bassy speaker it would be a great thing.
My budget is a middle class oriented but all suggestions are welcome. 
Before I had Alcatel Idol 3 (4.7'') and it was really loud but lacked bass and it feel in water and stopped working :/ .
I imagine having frontal stereo speakers for this purpose is better option then Dolby mono speaker ..

Phones I was thinking about are:
Axon 7 mini - seems good according to reviews and comments online, quality, relatively loud and with some bass
Axon 7 - I have read it is not as good and loud as its Mini version.
Motorola Moto X Style - I have read it punches good bass for smartphones and is loud and quality - supposedly better then Axon 7 and maybe even better than Axon 7 mini
Lenovo Vibe X3 / lite.. ...(2x1.5W)  - I have read that it lacks bass,
Alcatel Idol 4s...  (2x3.6W) - i think it's not available here in Croatia but maybe i can order one if we agree it's the best...
Alcatel idol 3 4.7 ..(2X 1.2W)  - loud but not enough bass.

Would rooting and installing anything like Viper4Android help bringing fuller speaker sound or is it mainly improving internal sound quality and not speaker quality?

I ruled out following phones but I'm gonna list them anyway, maybe someone will find this info interesting:
HTC  models- I have read it's not as loud as above phones and generally HTC's more expensive
Lenovo K4 Note- supposedly quiet
Google Nexus 6p - loud but distorts at max volume, supposedly less bass then Moto X, more expensive then others
Marshall London - not available in croatia - no service if problems occur, expensive
iPhone 7 - not an option..

Please, write anything because I've been losing my mind these several days because of this.. hh

I still recommend buying Letv x900 from aliexpress as the best option if you don't mind huge phone.

Lenovo vibe X3, Letv x800 and meizu Pro 5 are also nice options.

But as of now, I give LG V20 in the top-tier not considering the price.

By the way, talking about V4A, some will hate me but I am anti-V4A cuz it is just an audio effect and it ruins soundstage tremendously. If V4A were that good, why hi-end DAP doesn't implement it into their TOTL DAP. As audiophile means for Purist Method - The audio core of software is already the best where one company can provide.

Mar 9, 2017 at 4:43 AM Post #6,973 of 7,916

I still recommend buying Letv x900 from aliexpress as the best option if you don't mind huge phone.

By the way, talking about V4A, some will hate me but I am anti-V4A cuz it is just an audio effect and it ruins soundstage tremendously. If V4A were that good, why hi-end DAP doesn't implement it into their TOTL DAP. As audiophile means for Purist Method - The audio core of software is already the best where one company can provide.

You might want to check this:

https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fvipersaudio%2Fposts%2F1442237559181250&width=500

Mar 9, 2017 at 5:55 AM Post #6,974 of 7,916

I have been a long time V4A user and honestly, i think it isn't that good, it's good when using my crappy in-car audio with Bluetooth that I can adjust the sound to make it richer and sound more expensive. But when using my normal listening earphone (JH Roxanne) V4A sound mod would just make it worst. Sure it does give a bit of something when you tweak it, e.g. you can add more bass but you will at the same time take away something in return by doing so. And it's very noticeable when using a more decent and audiophile-grade listening device.

On the other hand, I would totally recommend ARISE sound mod, https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/software/r-s-e-sound-systems-auditory-research-t3379709

It's popularity (among true audiophile that uses better listening device) and it's active development far exceed the basic V4A, it's much more than a sound mod, it goes deep into the device level to bring out the best possible sound. I don't like the latest version, however, I am currently on Deuteronomy 2.3.5 and I don't even turn on V4A as it's not needed and it actually makes it worst.

I hope you give this a try and I am sure you won't regret it. 

Mar 9, 2017 at 5:59 AM Post #6,975 of 7,916

If you want the best sounding phone, then the xplay6 is your answer. That's until I maybe buy the granbeat:wink: But remember that it's with headphones that I am talking about. The loudspeaker sounds okay but I don't listen to music from my phones through the speaker. I use headphones with my smartphone.

If you listen to music through the phones speaker then I would say lenovo x3 is your answer, mainly because of the bass part. It is the one which I feel can deliver bass when playing music. It can play loud too and it will still sound okay.
LG 10, Letv x800 and mi note pro plays louder then lenovo but I found all of them lacking when it comes to bass playing through the speaker. But with headphones that is a different history,meaning these phones eat the lenovo x3.
So I would say lenovo will be your best choice. Plus it's actually a nice phone to use too. A bit heavy. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back