Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 9, 2017 at 6:34 AM Post #6,976 of 7,916
Mar 9, 2017 at 7:05 AM Post #6,977 of 7,916
If you want the best sounding phone, then the xplay6 is your answer. That's until I maybe buy the granbeat:wink: But remember that it's with headphones that I am talking about. The loudspeaker sounds okay but I don't listen to music from my phones through the speaker. I use headphones with my smartphone.

If you listen to music through the phones speaker then I would say lenovo x3 is your answer, mainly because of the bass part. It is the one which I feel can deliver bass when playing music. It can play loud too and it will still sound okay.
LG 10, Letv x800 and mi note pro plays louder then lenovo but I found all of them lacking when it comes to bass playing through the speaker. But with headphones that is a different history,meaning these phones eat the lenovo x3.
So I would say lenovo will be your best choice. Plus it's actually a nice phone to use too. A bit heavy. :)

Yes xplay6, I still consider this. But since i already have dx200, i dont know if i still should buy it or not -____-"

Mar 9, 2017 at 7:06 AM Post #6,978 of 7,916
I have been a long time V4A user and honestly, i think it isn't that good, it's good when using my crappy in-car audio with Bluetooth that I can adjust the sound to make it richer and sound more expensive. But when using my normal listening earphone (JH Roxanne) V4A sound mod would just make it worst. Sure it does give a bit of something when you tweak it, e.g. you can add more bass but you will at the same time take away something in return by doing so. And it's very noticeable when using a more decent and audiophile-grade listening device.

On the other hand, I would totally recommend ARISE sound mod, https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/software/r-s-e-sound-systems-auditory-research-t3379709

It's popularity (among true audiophile that uses better listening device) and it's active development far exceed the basic V4A, it's much more than a sound mod, it goes deep into the device level to bring out the best possible sound. I don't like the latest version, however, I am currently on [COLOR=454545]Deuteronomy [/COLOR][COLOR=454545]2.3.5 and I don't even turn on V4A as it's not needed and it actually makes it worst.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=454545]I hope you give this a try and I am sure you won't regret it. [/COLOR]

Will try some day. Nowadays I use Fidelizer.

Mar 9, 2017 at 8:09 AM Post #6,980 of 7,916
Where can i order the vivo xplay6 from the UK?

Has anybody tried the zte nubia z11? looks like a good phone with dedicated ak4376 audio chip

Aliexpress

Mar 9, 2017 at 9:53 AM Post #6,984 of 7,916
All I can say is that xplay6 is the best smartphone for music. That is just my opinion. And very nice camera too

Yep some people here also ordered it and said same thing. It also has nice picture quality as well. Now I'm tossing the coin.

Mar 9, 2017 at 12:07 PM Post #6,987 of 7,916
  Hello there people :D , I have been browsing the internet for days until I saw this forum. I am blown away..  didn't imagine a ''place'' like this existed :D
We are all here because of the love for music, I see this forum is primarily headphone oriented, but I often find myself in situations where I want to share or just listen to some music out loud while sometimes not having any home speaker or bluetooth speaker nearby.
... So if some of you would suggest or comment on some smartphones with loud yet quality and bassy speaker it would be a great thing.
My budget is a middle class oriented but all suggestions are welcome. 
Before I had Alcatel Idol 3 (4.7'') and it was really loud but lacked bass and it feel in water and stopped working :/ .
I imagine having frontal stereo speakers for this purpose is better option then Dolby mono speaker ..

Phones I was thinking about are:
Axon 7 mini - seems good according to reviews and comments online, quality, relatively loud and with some bass
Axon 7 - I have read it is not as good and loud as its Mini version.
Motorola Moto X Style - I have read it punches good bass for smartphones and is loud and quality - supposedly better then Axon 7 and maybe even better than Axon 7 mini
Lenovo Vibe X3 / lite.. ...(2x1.5W)  - I have read that it lacks bass,
Alcatel Idol 4s...  (2x3.6W) - i think it's not available here in Croatia but maybe i can order one if we agree it's the best...
Alcatel idol 3 4.7 ..(2X 1.2W)  - loud but not enough bass.

Would rooting and installing anything like Viper4Android help bringing fuller speaker sound or is it mainly improving internal sound quality and not speaker quality?

I ruled out following phones but I'm gonna list them anyway, maybe someone will find this info interesting:
HTC  models- I have read it's not as loud as above phones and generally HTC's more expensive
Lenovo K4 Note- supposedly quiet
Google Nexus 6p - loud but distorts at max volume, supposedly less bass then Moto X, more expensive then others
Marshall London - not available in croatia - no service if problems occur, expensive
iPhone 7 - not an option..

Please, write anything because I've been losing my mind these several days because of this.. hh

Owning a Axon 7 mini I can say it's speakers are a lot better than the ones on htc or axon 7 for that matter, though if I had the option I would have definitely gone for lenovo vibe x3 foir the 3,5mm output quality

Mar 9, 2017 at 1:42 PM Post #6,989 of 7,916
Smartphone speaker....
Please help some more because my life is on hold because of this.. or address me somewhere else..

Yes, lantian, for me Axon 7 mini is definitely still any option. How does your battery hold up, I have read it's weak .

Gusse said Vibe X3 is maybe phone for me, but  it is too much money for me at this time.
- But does anybody know anything about speakers on cheaper version of Vibe X3..   There are to many names for it, maybe I call lenovo croatia for an explanation which is what... Only certain thing is that I have read on several places that Lenovo K4 Note has very quiet speakers. Some say I'ts the same phone, some it's not...

Maybe some other phones?  In my case I should not consider phones with mono speakers?

You dont consider Moto X Style because it doesnt have dedicated audio chip.. but anyone had heard its speakers? Supposedly they are good quality, loud and bassy, developers made some effort this time at least speaker-wise. 

Can anyone compare cheaper version of Vibe x3 or Axon 7 mini with any other phone with stereo speakers? 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back