Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 9, 2017 at 2:25 PM Post #6,991 of 7,916
I use  it just for music and phone calls, with little actual screen on time, it's great. I can not comment on heavy use cases

Mar 9, 2017 at 3:06 PM Post #6,992 of 7,916
lxlx,   that is one extreme suggestion, i'll think about it. I dont need speed but probably some things camera and is outdated... I asked a friend who had it, waiting for answer :)

lantian, can you compare it's depths and loudness with any other device

Mar 9, 2017 at 3:41 PM Post #6,993 of 7,916
compared to samsung galaxy s7/ iphone 6/htc one m8/ galaxy s5/htc 10 it is way louder and more detailed, didn't compare the speakers on the axon 7, only the headphone output which was better on the mini

Mar 9, 2017 at 4:02 PM Post #6,994 of 7,916
I have been following this thread as I'm in the market for a new phone. There is a lot of speculation that the ZTE Axon 7 Mini has better audio than the full sized Axon 7. Can anyone confirm for sure that has heard them both? The Mini is easier to get in Canada, but I'm not sure about the build quality....I saw it in store and it looked a bit cheap. 

Mar 9, 2017 at 9:37 PM Post #6,995 of 7,916
Tried to buy the LG V10 a few months ago but on two different online orders there were problems with stocks so out of frustration and impulse, I ended up with a Nexus 6P. Excellent phone apart from audio, which although clean it lacks body and volume is about 85 to 90 %. Also at 5.7" it is a bit to large for me.

I want to sell the Nexus and I'm looking at the HTC 10 or Galaxy S6.
Yesterday I tested a colleague's Galaxy S6 and I liked the sound. I prefer warmer sound with full bodied vocals.
Considering the price which is $100 lower, better screen and camera of the S6 vs HTC, is it worth getting the S6 over the HTC? Am I missing much on the SQ? Still audio will be most important for me, but I listen at moderate volume, about 75% in the S6 was plenty for me.

Mar 9, 2017 at 9:40 PM Post #6,996 of 7,916
Tried to buy the LG V10 a few months ago but on two different online orders there were problems with stocks so out of frustration and impulse, I ended up with a Nexus 6P. Excellent phone apart from audio, which although clean it lacks body and volume is about 85 to 90 %. Also a bit to big for me.

Yesterday I tested a colleague's Galaxy S6 and I liked the sound. I prefer warmer sound with full bodied vocals.
Considering the price which is $100 lower, better screen and camera of the S6 vs HTC, is it worth getting the S6 over the HTC? Am I missing much on the SQ? Still audio will be most important for me, but I listen at moderate volume, about 75% in the S6 was plenty for me.

g6 or v20 used(like new) on ebay

Mar 9, 2017 at 11:27 PM Post #6,997 of 7,916
not sure how fast you need your mobile to be, but the best speakers I heard was HTC M7. not sure what magic they did, but this boomsound is really... boom.

Did you hear the M8? Because the M8's speakers are better than the M7's speakers.
But then the M9's were worse and the 10's are not stereo even if they are clear.

Mar 10, 2017 at 3:11 AM Post #6,998 of 7,916
Quote:
Tried to buy the LG V10 a few months ago but on two different online orders there were problems with stocks so out of frustration and impulse, I ended up with a Nexus 6P. Excellent phone apart from audio, which although clean it lacks body and volume is about 85 to 90 %. Also at 5.7" it is a bit to large for me.

g6 or v20 used(like new) on ebay

That didn't answer my question.
It is between the S6 and HTC 10 because I want a smaller phone that is available to buy right now. So no G6.
And frankly with all the bootloop issues on LG phones I'd stay away from that brand.

So anyone tested both the Galaxy S6 and HTC 10? How they compare?
Thanks!

LE: I also looked at other phones, but many good audio phones lack in other departments, and I need to buy an overall good phone with the best audio possible and smaller size 5.1" to 5.3".

Mar 10, 2017 at 4:41 AM Post #6,999 of 7,916
I have taken a deep breathe and ordered vivo xplay 6 already.
dunno what come across my mind even though I thought I need to save up money for future purposes~
Anyway, will do a short impression after receive the unit. Expect date at 17 Mar or sometime around.

I wish to do a comparison with Granbeat as well. Not sure if it will happen or not.

Mar 10, 2017 at 5:54 AM Post #7,000 of 7,916
dunno what come across my mind even though I thought I need to save up money for future purposes~
Anyway, will do a short impression after receive the unit. Expect date at 17 Mar or sometime around.

I wish to do a comparison with Granbeat as well. Not sure if it will happen or not.

Haven't you tried some of your friends before ordering it?

Mar 10, 2017 at 6:55 AM Post #7,001 of 7,916
Haven't you tried some of your friends before ordering it?

No. There is only one person posting in the facebook group and He is in other province.

Mar 10, 2017 at 7:57 AM Post #7,002 of 7,916
Jimster, no haven't, but I trust you here.
artpiggo, ha I was close to do the same. then - for unknown reasons - I pulled trigger on ZUK Z2 pro and will add USB DAC.
journey will never finish though :)

Mar 10, 2017 at 9:01 AM Post #7,003 of 7,916
igbee,  I'm affraid to buy Axon 7 mini because of the bad feedback of users, reporting bugs, unreliability and very poor battery. :/ 

Maybe take a look at the users reviews, comments and opinions from the internet and report back so we can comment. Two heads are better than one :D 

Jimster, igbee M8 is a good one, I have overlooked it.. There is a comparison between M8 and Axon 7 mini on youtube and comments are divided, axon maybe more clear sound on max volume and it gets higher max volume then M8.  And igbee, they sad output loudness and quality through earphones are very similar, maybe axon 7 mini more clear. On youtube: ''Axon 7 Mini vs HTC One M8 - Dolby Sound vs Boomsound[size=24.57px]'' [/size]

Mar 10, 2017 at 10:03 AM Post #7,004 of 7,916

It would be interesting to see your impressions on vivo and whether it can beat the current champion v20 or not. I can't wait already.

Jimster, no haven't, but I trust you here.
artpiggo, ha I was close to do the same. then - for unknown reasons - I pulled trigger on ZUK Z2 pro and will add USB DAC.
journey will never finish though :)

May i know which usb dac ?

Mar 10, 2017 at 11:07 AM Post #7,005 of 7,916
  I have been following this thread as I'm in the market for a new phone. There is a lot of speculation that the ZTE Axon 7 Mini has better audio than the full sized Axon 7. Can anyone confirm for sure that has heard them both? The Mini is easier to get in Canada, but I'm not sure about the build quality....I saw it in store and it looked a bit cheap. 

To my ears mini sounds clearer and more neutral, has more detail. The thing is that people are saying axon 7 has gotten a upgrade in sq after nougat. Have not had a chance to compare it now, but before nougat it was the lesser phone in terms of audio quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back