Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 13, 2016 at 9:35 AM Post #2,267 of 7,916
The only down side about Axon is that it has no micro SD

yeah that is right, Pro has it, but it costs more

by the way Oppo Find 7a comes with micro SD support and is almost identical with Axon and costs almost half of it, as far as understood its sound quality is quite good as well 

Mar 13, 2016 at 9:53 AM Post #2,268 of 7,916
yeah that is right, Pro has it, but it costs more

by the way Oppo Find 7a comes with micro SD support and is almost identical with Axon and costs almost half of it, as far as understood its sound quality is quite good as well 

You sure about the Axon pro having microSD ? GSM arena listed no slot for MicroSD...the elite and lux version do, but they are not compatible to USA 4G

Mar 13, 2016 at 10:04 AM Post #2,269 of 7,916
You sure about the Axon pro having microSD ? GSM arena listed no slot for MicroSD...the elite and lux version do, but they are not compatible to USA 4G

sorry, my bad, hangover 
was thinking about Axon Elite but wrote Pro

Mar 13, 2016 at 10:06 AM Post #2,270 of 7,916
I just had hands-on the V10 in one of the shops. Have to say it looks pretty nice - screen, build quality, fluidity of work but it ensured me that 5.7" is an unacceptable size for me. For one hand use it is just waaay too big. As well as for having it in my jacket's or jeans' pockets...
So three definitely best audiophile smartphones - LG V10, Meizu Pro 5 and Vivo x6 plus are just way too big for me...

Still waiting for some proper stuff with 5.0" and dap+amp

Mar 13, 2016 at 12:00 PM Post #2,271 of 7,916
  I just had hands-on the V10 in one of the shops. Have to say it looks pretty nice - screen, build quality, fluidity of work but it ensured me that 5.7" is an unacceptable size for me. For one hand use it is just waaay too big. As well as for having it in my jacket's or jeans' pockets...
So three definitely best audiophile smartphones - LG V10, Meizu Pro 5 and Vivo x6 plus are just way too big for me...

Still waiting for some proper stuff with 5.0" and dap+amp

In that case, Marshall London is your only choice to this date...

Did you consider it?

Mar 13, 2016 at 1:42 PM Post #2,275 of 7,916
  I've asked mom in U.S. to make me b-day present - headphones B&O H6 for my VIVO X6 Plus. She ordered from Amazon.
I'll be there only in July, though.
Now I'm still listening to it in my dynamic Sennheiser IE80 IEM. I've tried armatured IEM, but the sound was just a little better (more detailed on high frequencies, bass was less hollow): did not want to own two IEM, so refused to buy one more (but my next IEM will be armatured for sure).
All-in-all, VIVO X6 Plus is good. Though, no root, notifications do not arrive with screen off and AMOLED display in comparison with 

i  vaguely remember seeing a fix on xda

Mar 13, 2016 at 3:42 PM Post #2,276 of 7,916
Here in Canada, you can now preorder the G5, and it comes with the camera module. No option to switch it to the hifi DAC. Is the DAC delayed?

Lucky you, here in the states it comes with battery and charging dock only.....I do not think the DAC is delayed, more like it is priced higher than the camera module...hence free stuff can not be too expensive :D

Mar 13, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #2,277 of 7,916

Thank you so much for such a detailed information !!!
I own at this moment Zte Nubia Z7 and it sounds good indeed ,so your post helps me to make an easy choice and go for Axon as I decided that it is a time for a new phone and anyway 5.5 is a size of phone I do prefer
once again thanx a million

Hope you like it! If you live in the US, then you should be able to find the phone for $200. That's how much I paid for mine about 3 months ago, and I've seen it pop up on sale for that sporadically
The only down side about Axon is that it has no micro SD

Yeah I should've mentioned that. No micro-SD and the battery isn't removable. It's a uni-body build like the Samsung S6 and iPhone. It was never an issue for me so I forgot about it

Mar 13, 2016 at 10:14 PM Post #2,278 of 7,916
Here in Canada, you can now preorder the G5, and it comes with the camera module. No option to switch it to the hifi DAC. Is the DAC delayed?

I actually believe it WAS delayed. If memory serves right, it wasn't showcased (for use) at MWC, and isn't expected to be released on the same day as the LG G5. I could be wrong however.

Mar 13, 2016 at 11:00 PM Post #2,279 of 7,916
  I actually believe it WAS delayed. If memory serves right, it wasn't showcased (for use) at MWC, and isn't expected to be released on the same day as the LG G5. I could be wrong however.

i think you're correct....

but some prices just released:
http://mobilesyrup.com/2016/03/14/canada-lg-g5-pricing-carrier/

haven't seen rogers advertising it yet wth the bang/olusen module....maybe they're tweaking it in details/pricing before the final release....hopefully it will have the option to come with or without iems, given so many of us have our own.

then there are the new audioquest dragonflys coming out that will be useable for
a host of both android and apple devices...even a turbo red for more demanding cans.

....so more choices for truly portable audio for those of us who want better sound without the bulk/heft of stacking items.
http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2016/01/ces-2016-audioquest-mobilise-dragonfly-black-red/

Mar 13, 2016 at 11:04 PM Post #2,280 of 7,916
  I have a Huawei Mate 8 and it beats the crap out of every other phone I've had. My iPhone 6S Plus and Samsung S7 Edge sounds like crap compared to it. The depth in the sound is incredible in the Mate 8 and great dynamic sound. I'm pretty sure no other phone out there beats it today. It just sounds that good. Puts all my other phones to shame.

Try one if you can.

can't wait for huawei to offer their tablets and phones over here in canada
(just read they're really taking over in china and europe, even surpassing apple for sales in some areas)

just in today: google is releasing 2 new tablets in the next 3-9 months:
a 7'' one and and a more refined 8"'
huawei is in discussion with google to do the 8" version...cool!

http://en.yibada.com/articles/109189/20160312/google-nexus-2016-release-will-include-nexus-7x-8p-tablets-specs-features-and-pricing-to-watch-for.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back