Best price to buy d7000.Getting the run around?
Feb 16, 2010 at 4:52 PM Post #16 of 37
Just called up J&R again, got them for $600 plus $17 shipping to New Jersey, WOOT!

Feb 16, 2010 at 6:30 PM Post #19 of 37
looks like i snagged the last ones....

Feb 16, 2010 at 8:35 PM Post #20 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by sLaYDeMOn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just called up J&R again, got them for $600 plus $17 shipping to New Jersey, WOOT!

Nice...enjoy them!

Feb 17, 2010 at 2:19 AM Post #21 of 37
I heard sometimes, to get the best price from J&R, you should call them when they are out of stock, therefore they can order more in bulk from the manufacturer and get a better price. Your best bet may be to call now! Let us know how it goes!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sling5s /img/forum/go_quote.gif
j&r out stock now.

Feb 17, 2010 at 3:00 AM Post #22 of 37
Sigh.. the hardest part was confirming address for me on the phone because my bank address was going to my home home and I live at school. That alone took me a week -_-

Feb 17, 2010 at 3:06 AM Post #23 of 37
Quote:

Why is J&R so inconsistent? I heard someone who just got it today for $550. And isn't it free shipping?

$550 with free UPS ground to Ohio
biggrin.gif

Feb 17, 2010 at 4:12 AM Post #24 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by jarthel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
$550 with free UPS ground to Ohio
biggrin.gif

I tried several calls: the first rep would not budge below $799.
The next rep would not budge below $699.
Third call and rep would not budge below $600.
I was really tempted to buy but still asked for a lower price and he got upset and said, they were no longer giving the $550.

They all claimed it was the lowest price they could go and that the manager would not let them go any lower. To me, J&R reps and their method sound so much like car salesman.

I felt bad asking for lower prices but really could not trust their: "I can't go any lower" talk.

Feb 17, 2010 at 4:48 AM Post #25 of 37
Quote:

I was really tempted to buy but still asked for a lower price and he got upset and said, they were no longer giving the $550.

They all claimed it was the lowest price they could go and that the manager would not let them go any lower. To me, J&R reps and their method sound so much like car salesman.

I felt bad asking for lower prices but really could not trust their: "I can't go any lower" talk.

I didn't expect the $550 to last very long as well.
smily_headphones1.gif
Someone gave me the tip in regards to the $550 price and when my order was shipped, I passed it on to another person.

I believe $550 + free UPS ground would be very close to their actual costs. They cannot go on selling them at $550 due to:
1. they seemed to be a big company with lots of staff on the payroll
2. marketing costs
3. etc

Thus it would be impossible for them to give in to everyone wanting a deal on the AH-D7000.

Feb 17, 2010 at 5:05 AM Post #27 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by aamefford /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Headroom has been known to price match, or get darned close on occasion...
wink.gif
I like to give my money to Head-fi supporters when I can.

I doubt headroom would pricematch an uofficial price from j&r. I believe what you can do is bargain with headroom and see if you get lucky.

Feb 17, 2010 at 5:55 AM Post #28 of 37
When he offered me $617, I was torn on whether to buy it or not, and then I realized I would just be wasting more time trying to argue for a lower price and researching on how to get a lower price, and that $67 just didn't seem worth it. And maybe I would call 10 more times and not gotten the $617 deal again. So I just took it.

My advice: try just going for the $600 and call it a win
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back