Best Portable Headphones for Dubstep?
Dec 6, 2012 at 10:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

colinter220

New Head-Fier
Hey Head-Fi Community! :D

I've been looking around the forum alot these days and it seems like the only headphones people recommend for listening to Dubstep are very large, over the ear headphones. I was looking for something like the Nootec Zoros but with nice heavy bass (but not like beats because they just flood their headphones with Bass)

Im just looking for something that has good bass and doesnt suck with other music as well :D

Also I want ON THE EAR headphones. Thats very important to me :p

Dec 6, 2012 at 3:48 PM Post #4 of 17
On ear... AKG K67 its $99, It seems to be able to handle a lot and is clear + good non-overwhelming bass *I still had eargasms listening to song of storms dub remix and dj fresh - Louder* , and I really loved it but I needed over-ear.

Dec 6, 2012 at 4:18 PM Post #6 of 17
Quote:
Hey Head-Fi Community!
biggrin.gif

I've been looking around the forum alot these days and it seems like the only headphones people recommend for listening to Dubstep are very large, over the ear headphones. I was looking for something like the Nootec Zoros but with nice heavy bass (but not like beats because they just flood their headphones with Bass)
Im just looking for something that has good bass and doesnt suck with other music as well
biggrin.gif

Also I want ON THE EAR headphones. Thats very important to me
tongue.gif

Look into:

Vmoda M80
Beyer 1350
Beyer T50P
Sony MDRXB800

Some of the Grados may be good choices.

Probably not a good idea. I've done it though.

Very best,

Dec 7, 2012 at 10:27 AM Post #8 of 17
Quote:
Hey Head-Fi Community!
biggrin.gif

Im just looking for something that has good bass and doesnt suck with other music as well
biggrin.gif

tongue.gif

Look up Audio Technica ATH-ES10.

When it comes to dubstep, I don't think there is any on-ear headphone on the market at any price point that can beat them.

Dec 7, 2012 at 10:47 AM Post #9 of 17
HD 25 I II
they have a nice and punchy bass, most genres sound good with it. 

Dec 20, 2012 at 6:43 PM Post #10 of 17
I'd say the Beyerdynamic DT1350 is a good choice, provided you don't use bad equipment or source files. It's revealing. It sounds great with every genre, and it has the best low end of any portable headphone ever created. Absolutely bottomless response.

Jan 2, 2013 at 5:45 PM Post #11 of 17
Quote:
Hey Head-Fi Community!
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

tongue.gif

i found that the noontecs zoros to be good with dubstep, but i prefer a neutral siganture, if anything just eq them to bass boost and you'll be fine

Jan 2, 2013 at 7:09 PM Post #13 of 17
DT1350 has my vote.

Jan 2, 2013 at 7:09 PM Post #14 of 17
DT1350 has my vote.

Jan 31, 2013 at 12:16 PM Post #15 of 17
Have a listen tot all 3 (Beyerdynamic DT1350, Sennheiser HD25 ii & V-Moda M80).  Any of them will work for you...V-Moda M80's have come down in price considerably.  The other two will be higher in price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back