Best looking tube amp
Oct 8, 2016 at 11:02 PM Post #1,606 of 1,828
I was assuming most hybrids have SS out and tubes at front.
:)
Edit:
Looks like two headphone outputs nice.

Nov 25, 2016 at 8:27 AM Post #1,609 of 1,828
PSE 2A3 Dual Mono

:)

Nov 29, 2016 at 8:40 AM Post #1,610 of 1,828
Sorry, a little off subject, but I guess all tube lovers here may help:

1 have a Question for tube maintenance:  with those old tubes (+60 years old ! ) that I bought for my BHSE amp,  is it necessary to clean the pins which may be oxided.

If yes,  how ?   With abrasive paper or with some chemical products ? which products are recommeded ...or to avoid ? 

thanks

Nov 29, 2016 at 1:00 PM Post #1,612 of 1,828
Originally Posted by bmichels /img/forum/go_quote.gif
 is it necessary to clean the pins which may be oxided.

Those pins look shiny, like they have already been cleaned.
I would leave them alone and just enjoy them.

Nov 29, 2016 at 2:46 PM Post #1,613 of 1,828
I use electrical contact cleaner and cotton buds (Q Tips I think). Amazing how much gunk comes off on the bud even with the pins already looking clean.

Then I rub some DeOxit on after cleaning.

Nov 29, 2016 at 8:26 PM Post #1,614 of 1,828
I kinda liked the looks of this one:

Nov 30, 2016 at 1:05 AM Post #1,617 of 1,828
Bad idea!
Adding Deoxit after cleaning the pins will gunk up your tube sockets.
Make sure the pins don't have any residual cleaning products before you use the tube.

Thanks. I didn't know that. Is it better not to use DeOxit then?

Pins always look super clean after using electrical contact cleaner and any liquid cleaner usually evaporates.

Nov 30, 2016 at 5:07 AM Post #1,618 of 1,828
Thanks. I didn't know that. Is it better not to use DeOxit then?

Pins always look super clean after using electrical contact cleaner and any liquid cleaner usually evaporates.

DeoxIt make a contact cleaner "DeoxIt"  and a contact protectant "DeoxIt Gold", which is applied after cleaning to prevent further oxidation.

• If you used DeoxIt to clean your tube pins, make sure it is 100% removed before using the tubes. You don't "rub some on after cleaning"
  • I would not use DeoxIt Gold after cleaning the pins as it can leave residue in the tube sockets. 

Nov 30, 2016 at 8:01 AM Post #1,619 of 1,828
Gentlemens, I found this in a supply store around my place. I guess it should also be good ? 

They say to wait 30 minutes before to plug back the connectors.

Nov 30, 2016 at 2:27 PM Post #1,620 of 1,828

DeoxIt make a contact cleaner "DeoxIt"  and a contact protectant "DeoxIt Gold", which is applied after cleaning to prevent further oxidation.

• If you used DeoxIt to clean your tube pins, make sure it is 100% removed before using the tubes. You don't "rub some on after cleaning"
  • I would not use DeoxIt Gold after cleaning the pins as it can leave residue in the tube sockets. 

Thanks. I've been doing it wrong. I've been slapping that stuff on.

I will take apart everything and re-clean and wipe all residue off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back