Best IEM's with Mic and iPod Controller (for iPhone)
Aug 9, 2010 at 3:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

GabeJacobs

New Head-Fier
What are the best IEM's that have a microphone and a button that controls your music on your iPhone.

Right now im looking at the Klipch x10i's but I have heard they do not produce the best sound quality and are overpriced.

Thanks

Aug 9, 2010 at 5:14 PM Post #2 of 8
Here's an pretty complete list of iPhone-compatible IEM's with links to head-fi reviews where available.  That list hasn't been maintained for the last few months, so it lacks some newer candidates, like the MEElec M6P and Monster Turbine Pro Gold or Copper ControlTalk versions. (I've heard that they now exist.) Some of these have also been updated, particularly the MEElec M11 that is now the M11P+ reviewed recently here and here (see Post #58), and the Phonak PFE available less expensively as the PFE 022.

"Best" is something else - depends on your ear and sound signature preferences. Don't assume that most expensive automatically equals Best.

I've previously enjoyed my NuForce NE-7M and MEElec M9P, but after becoming a fan of the Fischer DBA-02 sound quality, they're now to bassy for me. So I've elected to use a phone adapter like this or this when I want that capability, but the M11P+ is intriguing.

Aug 9, 2010 at 5:18 PM Post #3 of 8
based your preferences it seems like the PFE would be best followed by the Coppers (which you may still find a tad too bassy). I tried both and their bass is pretty controlled thought I've enjoyed the Copper's bass a lot more.

Getting the M11+ would be a bad idea imo because many report their bass is still a tad too loose.

Aug 9, 2010 at 5:22 PM Post #4 of 8
So do you guys think its between the x10i's and the TripleFi 10vi's? Ive heard some good and some bad things about both of them..

And to Inks, Its not that I do not like bass, I just dont listen to a lot of hip hop or techno so I want my headphones to sound good when there is not a lot of bass in the song

Aug 9, 2010 at 7:19 PM Post #5 of 8

Quote:
So do you guys think its between the x10i's and the TripleFi 10vi's? Ive heard some good and some bad things about both of them..

And to Inks, Its not that I do not like bass, I just dont listen to a lot of hip hop or techno so I want my headphones to sound good when there is not a lot of bass in the song

You probably don't want the TripleFi 10s then. Those have a good amount of bass.

Aug 9, 2010 at 7:27 PM Post #6 of 8
If you don't want a ton of bass, then check out the Etymotic HF2.

Aug 11, 2010 at 2:45 AM Post #7 of 8
yeah the monster golds would be a no go because there bass may seem too emphasized, ety hf2, pfe112 and turbine coppers (though overpriced) are all good choices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back