Best IEM tips?
Feb 10, 2021 at 8:13 PM Post #1,291 of 3,308
lol, yeah. Perks of having an enormous collection (around 70 iems lol).

Haha I like that. Am also a very big proponent of eartips. Eartips are actually a very very important but overlooked part of an IEM. I daresay they give more sonic changes than cables. Not only do they affect sound signature, but they also affect isolation (which influences subbass response), and also affect comfort/fit and even soundstage. No point having a heavenly sounding IEM if it is too uncomfortable for more than a few minutes or it can't fit.

Eartips can really make or break an IEM. Case in point: BLON BL-03. Most folks get poor fit with the stock tips. But change it to some flip tips or longer nozzle/aftermarket spacer mods and the magic starts.

Feb 11, 2021 at 12:42 AM Post #1,294 of 3,308
Yeah, ever since I found the AET07, the CP145 become second class citizens lol. The Acoustune maintains more detail while I find the CP145 smoothen a little bit.

The CP has wider soundstage though..

Also yes on size. The CP100 is much more bassy on the L size, it's neutralish (slight V) on M.

Feb 11, 2021 at 4:03 AM Post #1,295 of 3,308
aet07 (not retail) is rubbish, it actually oxidizes to orange colour
Oxidation?
Not mine. my 07 came w/ the 1670. still pearly white. what oxidized was the pentaconn cable. It's unsightly, but never affected sq, but still hideous, lols :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Feb 11, 2021 at 4:06 AM Post #1,296 of 3,308
Spinfit tips works quite well for me, it's great that the head of the tips can rotate.
This is the 360. Yes, it's in the cart. together with a double flange. Was curious 'bout the double flange, a fellow headfier mentioned it increased stage on his set.

Feb 11, 2021 at 4:38 AM Post #1,297 of 3,308
I would always recommend Final tips, however, finding certain ones in the EU is extremely difficult. For example, nowehere right now in the EU (not that I know of anyway) sell the Final Type E clear tip.

Once my new IEMs arrive, I'll be looking out for some tips to see if I can really push mine to the limit. Should arrive today thankfully.

Feb 11, 2021 at 4:40 AM Post #1,298 of 3,308
Oh Wow! Mark Weins wow + that tilting body, when the flavour caught his jaded taste buds.
Inverted E-pro Horn Success! Emotional, Full bodied voices w/o over doing it. very nice strings, nuances and all...

Feb 11, 2021 at 4:47 AM Post #1,299 of 3,308
One of my Litmus test, Dry or liquid mids
"Fuel to fire", "Dorian"

1613036514939.png
E-pro.horn.inverted.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2021 at 5:22 AM Post #1,300 of 3,308
I would always recommend Final tips, however, finding certain ones in the EU is extremely difficult. For example, nowehere right now in the EU (not that I know of anyway) sell the Final Type E clear tip.

Once my new IEMs arrive, I'll be looking out for some tips to see if I can really push mine to the limit. Should arrive today thankfully.

The clear final E tips are a bit hard to find.

But for the black ones, I managed to buy them cheap by getting the Kinera Tyr and Final E500 at $20 usd each. The tips themselves cost $15 usd or so, so I kind of saw it as getting the iems for $5. The Tyr isn't good tbh, but the final E500 is good for binuaral recordings and gaming. I really like the final E black tips to tame IEMs with harsh treble.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2021 at 7:14 AM Post #1,302 of 3,308
Haha I like that. Am also a very big proponent of eartips. Eartips are actually a very very important but overlooked part of an IEM. I daresay they give more sonic changes than cables. Not only do they affect sound signature, but they also affect isolation (which influences subbass response), and also affect comfort/fit and even soundstage. No point having a heavenly sounding IEM if it is too uncomfortable for more than a few minutes or it can't fit.

Eartips can really make or break an IEM.
They impact sound output, that's for sure.
So far, the most apparent tip that improved sound field for me is the Xelastec. Tried them on my W50. They dramatically increased Depth & width, and raised the stage significantly...

Feb 11, 2021 at 7:24 AM Post #1,303 of 3,308
The E-pro Horns, both inverted and not, were a success in the mids department.
The inverted, more mids body compared to the neutral uninverted.
I was hesitant on the treble before using them thinking sibilance may come out, but none did. "Bring me to life" test track.
Next pair, the E type...
IMG_20210211_161909.jpg

Feb 11, 2021 at 1:10 PM Post #1,304 of 3,308
The clear final E tips are a bit hard to find.

But for the black ones, I managed to buy them cheap by getting the Kinera Tyr and Final E500 at $20 usd each. The tips themselves cost $15 usd or so, so I kind of saw it as getting the iems for $5. The Tyr isn't good tbh, but the final E500 is good for binuaral recordings and gaming. I really like the final E black tips to tame IEMs with harsh treble.

What if your earbuds are lacking in treble a bit? You think they will worsen? I have been eyeing the final type e for tws for a few weeks now but not pulled the trigger yet because I'm unsure about sizing.

Feb 11, 2021 at 1:19 PM Post #1,305 of 3,308
What if your earbuds are lacking in treble a bit? You think they will worsen? I have been eyeing the final type e for tws for a few weeks now but not pulled the trigger yet because I'm unsure about sizing.

a Bit? Spiral Dots, original Version,
Other tips to consider, Sedna Earfits & the Spiral Dots ++

Users who are viewing this thread

Back