Best IEM tips?
Nov 2, 2018 at 1:11 PM Post #376 of 3,319
I'm looking to buy some spinfit cp eartips. Which ones have the widest bore diameter? I like my symbio W and so i'm looking for a spinfit CP with a wide bore. I know there's a CP220, 230, 240, etc.

I'm a little late, but here's some of the information I collected. Sorry, but I can't see how to format an HTML table on head-fi.

Flanges Model Bore Diameter

Single CP-100 3.8mm
Single CP-100Z 4.0mm
Single CP-145 4.5mm
Single CP-155 5.5mm
Single CP-350 5.0mm
Single CP-800 2.0mm
Dual CP-220 (M1, M2) 4.4mm
Dual CP-230 (M) 5.5mm
Dual CP-240 (S, M, L) 4.0mm (3.0mm with insert)

As -rowan- noted, the CP-230 has the widest bore; I believe that it's only available in "medium." I'm pretty sure got that information from SpinFit's web site.

Nov 2, 2018 at 4:05 PM Post #377 of 3,319
New Bee are a popular cheap foam alternative. I find the medium New Bee foams to fit like a large Comply FWIW.
I've been tempted to try the new bee before, but never sure what the compatibility is. What would I order if I wanted the same as the comply 400?

Thanks

Nov 2, 2018 at 4:10 PM Post #378 of 3,319
I've been tempted to try the new bee before, but never sure what the compatibility is. What would I order if I wanted the same as the comply 400?

Thanks

I think New Bee only come in a roughly Comply 400 size bore. FWIW, the foam is a different feel than Comply's, more squishy, not as slow to spring back. I generally don't like them as much as the Comply, but they're certainly much more affordable. Also they do work very well with the Advanced GT3 which requires a shallower fit than most of my earphones.

Nov 2, 2018 at 11:00 PM Post #379 of 3,319
No one has a bore as wide as Symbio one. Have a try with the CP240 L, they're excellent.
Actually there are plenty of wider bores. Like for example, the stock Andro silicone tips (which I'm not fond of) has wider bore. Spiral Dots has wider bore. I just find Symbio Mandarin W an ideal bore size for iems that works well with iems with 3 sound outlets like TG334 or Andromeda (and I think also with ones with such large nozzle). I don't know why this is, but the imaging sounds most convincing with a precise bore diameter with them. I think it creates an ideal "room" size along the tip canal to the ear to create the most convincing head stage (iem sound stage inside the head).

I find this diameter limit contains the sound to the point of creating an ambient feel. If the bore diameter gets too large, sound seems all over the place, chaotic and not controlled sounding (uncontrolled imaging).

What I also realize is that, thickness of silicones matters (for me at least). When the silicone is thin like Spintips, the silicone folds when inserting, and create gaps as result, not sealing too well. This creates worse response, and not proper sound. With thicker silicone material, it's not easily malliable, will keep in shape much better, and therefore seal better. Another step up is of course like how Symbio Mandarin is. Having a foam support under the silicones so that the silicones does not fold. In which I think is catagorized as hybrid tips since it's a hybrid of silicone and foam. Sony actually started the hybrid tips (It came with Sony EX1000), which was less dense type of foam than Symbio.

In terms of foam, I find high density foam to be the best kind, not the more porous Comply foam, but the much denser stuff. Why these are good is that, they shape to your ear canal, isolate well, and also the denser material doesn't really change the response like the more porous ones. I'm talking about the foam tips that comes with 64 Audio Tia Forte or U18t.

I ran into particular kind of tips that worked well that wasn't the the usual ones that I've seen in the past. They came with Jaybird run, and it was shaped flat at the end looking trapezoidal. These actually seal well, and seemed a proper fit for me. Jaybird calls them Oval Ear tips.

RUN-FAQ-img-7.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2018 at 3:44 AM Post #380 of 3,319
I have no idea where these are sold (online), but I’m a fan. The nozzle area is pretty rigid and the outer area is a really soft/flexible material. Might be the best fitting IEM tips I’ve tried, and it also allows for deeper insertion without discomfort.

CE07BFE2-0832-47B3-BA57-521B92A6ADB6.jpeg

Nov 8, 2018 at 10:53 AM Post #382 of 3,319
Anybody familar with high density foam tips? Can you'll provide links to high density memory foam? I'm looking for some on Amazon, and donxt know what to get. Preferrably the cheapest kinds.

I'm not talking about Comply types, but high density foam material.

Nov 17, 2018 at 10:51 PM Post #383 of 3,319
EarSonics large double flange :wink: The Meelectronics ones are excellent, but I feel them a bit too loose for my ears.

Late update but I love them. It's exactly what I was looking for, I can vouch for them. Thanks dude.

Dec 8, 2018 at 10:52 PM Post #385 of 3,319
I got orange ones for my Vegas, very similar to Large Ortofons:smile_phones: One word, Awesome!
DSC_0419.jpg

Dec 11, 2018 at 11:45 AM Post #388 of 3,319
Sedna tips are great :) (left of the AET07 tips!)

69FFC588-EB31-40EB-AF73-6695F09804F5.jpeg

Dec 11, 2018 at 11:54 AM Post #390 of 3,319
You have quite the collection there!

I recognize almost all of those :)

I'm not sure from the picture if you tried Final Audio tips yet, but they should be really amazing as well with most IEMs! Really comfy~

Yep, Final E-type is to the left of the Sedna tips! They were my preferred tips with the Campfire Audio Polaris. (Final’s other tips weren’t as good imo)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back