Best IEM tips?
Jun 5, 2018 at 1:01 PM Post #346 of 3,313
Jun 10, 2018 at 4:53 AM Post #348 of 3,313
Hmmm...custom molded ear tips? I never thought such a thing existed. I'm certainly interested in getting a pair. Have you had experience with any companies and could recommend them?
I've heard they significantly change the sound signature of IEM's, but I wasn't sure if that applied to using them on a pair of custom IEM's as opposed to universal IEM's.

customarttips.jpg

From the campfire thread, ryansoo's custom art tips.

Jun 15, 2018 at 9:47 AM Post #350 of 3,313
"Best" can be pretty subjective, personally i really dislike every foam tip, whilst some people loves them.

My personal favorites are the Spinfits, CP100/155/800/ depending on your nozzle width.

Jun 15, 2018 at 9:49 AM Post #351 of 3,313
Personally, I like the Final E, SymbioW, and Azla Sedna tips (though the last two are on the bigger side).

Jun 15, 2018 at 9:54 AM Post #352 of 3,313
Personally, I like the Final E, SymbioW, and Azla Sedna tips (though the last two are on the bigger side).

I have the final type E in the black, and they’re great for electronic or other bass heavy genres. I always find myself going back to the symbioW because I like having more clarity on top. I’ve read that the clear colored type E sound different?

Also, I never heard of the Azla Sedna tips. Where can I snag a pair?

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2018 at 10:24 AM Post #353 of 3,313
I have the final type E in the black, and they’re great for electronic or other bass heavy genres. I always find myself going back to the symbioW because I like having more clarity on top. I’ve read that the clear colored type E sound different?

Also, I never heard of the Azla Sedna tips. Where can I snag a pair?

I use the Final E with the Campfire Audio Polaris and the SymbioW with the Andromeda - and I think both of those match the IEMs really well! I also just have the black ones, and didn't know they had a clear one as well.

The Sedna tips come with the Azla Horizon IEM, but they also just started selling them separately. You can find them on some Japanese or Korean sites, like Amazon.jp or Gmarket.

Jun 15, 2018 at 10:30 AM Post #354 of 3,313
I use the Final E with the Campfire Audio Polaris and the SymbioW with the Andromeda - and I think both of those match the IEMs really well! I also just have the black ones, and didn't know they had a clear one as well.

The Sedna tips come with the Azla Horizon IEM, but they also just started selling them separately. You can find them on some Japanese or Korean sites, like Amazon.jp or Gmarket.

Thanks a lot! Would you happen to have a vendor you could recommend for the azla eartips

Jun 15, 2018 at 10:49 AM Post #355 of 3,313
Thanks a lot! Would you happen to have a vendor you could recommend for the azla eartips

To be honest, I'm not sure. I'm living in Korea at the moment, so I've only really had to figure out international shipping from the US.

I just took a quick look on Gmarket, and the one seller there that offers international shipping only has the small and large tips in stock (so no mediums or SML packs). If there's a good way to get something shipped from Japan (whether it's the vendor directly shipping the product or through a reshipper), it might be better to look there.

Jun 15, 2018 at 11:03 AM Post #356 of 3,313
"Best" can be pretty subjective, personally i really dislike every foam tip, whilst some people loves them.

My personal favorites are the Spinfits, CP100/155/800/ depending on your nozzle width.

I agree. If the SpinFit fits, then it's the one for me.

Jun 16, 2018 at 11:45 AM Post #358 of 3,313
Hey guys,

So I got impressions done, and submitted a custom tip request from Custom Art, only to hear that they don't make custom tips for the Tia fourte :frowning2:

Does anyone know any other companies that make good custom molds?

Jul 2, 2018 at 6:27 AM Post #359 of 3,313
I'm not sure that I see the point of custom tips. From my experience with them (an accidental one) if they don't seal properly then the bass is cactus. I ordered some full custom shells from a company in Adelaide after having some impressions done here on the Gold Coast. The impressions didn't go around the second bend of the ear canal so neither did the shells. No matter how I inserted them they didn't fully seal and the bass was non-existent. They looked the same as the custom tips pictured. One caveat, these were acrylic and maybe silicon would do the trick. The full impressions work very well on my Flare R2As.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2018 at 5:14 PM Post #360 of 3,313
Can you guys recommend tips that are like the MEE double flange but larger? They only have one size and it's a tad small.

EarSonics large double flange :wink: The Meelectronics ones are excellent, but I feel them a bit too loose for my ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back