Best IEM tips?
Apr 7, 2017 at 3:34 PM Post #271 of 3,313
Scrap what I said above - new favourite, fills out the mids nicely - Sennheiser prod code 561099 - Large CX500 style silicon tips - work a treat :)

Aug 28, 2017 at 7:15 PM Post #273 of 3,313
Can anyone recommend a wide bore foam tip? thanks

Comply has a chart for bore sizes of many, but not all, IEMs, if that's useful.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2017 at 5:38 AM Post #274 of 3,313
is there nothing new to top the tips we already know, after trying so many, without a doubt the best so far a old sony silicon foam filled no doubt then others come along

the symbio I feel its silicon is too slipery, and the foam from inside is a bit hard compared to the amazing sony silicon foam filled ones

Dec 7, 2017 at 6:01 AM Post #275 of 3,313
is there nothing new to top the tips we already know, after trying so many, without a doubt the best so far a old sony silicon foam filled no doubt then others come along

the symbio I feel its silicon is too slipery, and the foam from inside is a bit hard compared to the amazing sony silicon foam filled ones
I made my own mod of the symbio foam inside the final audio tips. Those work great for me. If u r not a fan of stamdard eartips, i reccomend getting a custom tip from jomo and be done with it. I also feel that tips are limiting, thats why i use customs.

Dec 7, 2017 at 6:22 AM Post #276 of 3,313
I made my own mod of the symbio foam inside the final audio tips. Those work great for me. If u r not a fan of stamdard eartips, i reccomend getting a custom tip from jomo and be done with it. I also feel that tips are limiting, thats why i use customs.

i think one big mistake with tips is the silicon material is the type that is slippery as its so smooth, I think the silicons should not be so smooth and use patterns that help in keeping the seal and be more of a sticky type material

Dec 7, 2017 at 6:30 AM Post #277 of 3,313
The silicone tips with patterns on them seem to be preferred, sound-wise, over the plain smooth ones. Things like the JVC spiral dots or even the KZ starlines.

So a combination of shapes at the nozzle for sound along with something for fit would be a great idea. Trouble is I'd bet that would make them more difficult to manufacture and so never happen.

Dec 7, 2017 at 8:45 AM Post #278 of 3,313
i think one big mistake with tips is the silicon material is the type that is slippery as its so smooth, I think the silicons should not be so smooth and use patterns that help in keeping the seal and be more of a sticky type material
I find it ok as the seal comes mostly from memory foam. Too sticky tips like the aurisonics tips are hard to insert, but once they are in they seal too well

Dec 7, 2017 at 11:05 AM Post #279 of 3,313
It all depends on you ear canal shape. If you can wear them with no problem. The JVC spiral dot are great as they have the shallow with a big nozzle which means sound can pass through without having to bounce through silicone/rubber material before entering you ear canal. For some with odd shape ear canal, the Spin-fit may work better and give better fit with their ability to tilt. As for comfort. The Memory foam ones are good but they are fragile and can easily absorb ear oil so would require more care and cleaning while being used. A better alternate if they fit your IEM is the Sony new Triple comfort for the XBA-N3. It's like a memory foam with a sealed patterned surface which makes them easier to clean and they will overcome the slippery problem.

Dec 8, 2017 at 3:11 AM Post #281 of 3,313
I've been been on Spinfit for about a year now and recently, I've been starting to play with some other tips, mainly the JVC Spiral Dot as well as Final Audio A tips. Just yesterday, when I walked into Zeppelin & Co (in Singapore), I tried the Acoustune AET07 tips, which were treble centric tips and compatible with my TFZ King, KZ ZS6 and ZST. The fit was perfect for me. Isolation was good and it doesn't dropped off despite my oily canals.

More importantly, I'm pretty sure that these tips are magical. The highs were intimate and lovely. I start to feel more details from the upper mids all the way to the highs. Bass weren't as overpowering as the Final Audio A tips on my TFZ.

I guessed you guys can give Acoustune tips a shot. They've got both the treble and bass centric tips for your audition. :)

Jan 22, 2018 at 8:38 AM Post #285 of 3,313
Please, where one could find final audio type E ear tips for purchase.
I do believe they can easily be found on Google. Alternatively if u r from the us, u could look on the official site or contact them by email

Users who are viewing this thread

Back