Best IEM tips?
May 10, 2022 at 4:48 PM Post #1,666 of 3,383
Anyone got the final audio e type (edge style)??

Bit confused of the size.

Medium is 11.8mm and large is 12.5mm

I'm normally a medium in other tips, about 12.5mm

Do i need to go a size up or is this by design so to speak and due to shape of the tips? I don't really want to buy both sizes as difficult to return used items.

Did you guys buy a size up?
For what it's worth I usually wear small or medium-small tips, but for final e, medium fits me perfectly.

I normally wear Azla SednaEarfit (regular or short, regular or light). When blind buying tips I always go by the associated measurements rather than S/M/L.

Last edited:
May 10, 2022 at 6:32 PM Post #1,669 of 3,383
Oh, interesting. I didn't know they made new ones.

I just thinned down my iem collection so I don't have much to test but my yanyin aladdins have a 5.2 mm notch and the EP00 fit pretty easily. They take a bit of technique to wiggle on but I think they would fit on 5.5mm well too. I definitely wouldn't want to go larger.

I had a pair of globes with a 5mm nozzle and they were actually a bit too loose for that size. It slid off easily and was kind of sketchy. I went on a few tweezer adventures because of this. They were slippery nozzles in general though. I also read in another comment that they were slipping off their 4.8mm - 5mm wide iems so I think the EP00 fit bigger then they claim.

The material is also really soft so I could see it loosening over time as it stretches out and as you take it on and off.

If the EP001 is a full mm bigger I think you would be on the real low end. I skimmed the reviews and found one that said "Too big and did not fit properly, even if the shaft is 5.5mm", so I might be right.

I think they would fit best but I'm not totally sure, you might want to ask someone who's tried the EP00's on a bigger set.

And also be mindful of width. I find the soft material deforms easily so it needs to be pretty close to ideal, there's not a lot of leeway. The difference between the 12.3 mm of the ep00 and the 12mm of the ep001 might matter if you're in that m/l range.

Apparently the EP01's sounds a bit different too but that's just from taking a quick glance.
FWIW, I often cannot get the EP00 to work for me since they have longer shafts that often interfere with fit in my rather shallow ears. The EP01 with its shorter shaft works much better for me with most IEMs.

May 10, 2022 at 10:24 PM Post #1,670 of 3,383
FWIW, I often cannot get the EP00 to work for me since they have longer shafts that often interfere with fit in my rather shallow ears. The EP01 with its shorter shaft works much better for me with most IEMs.
Do you find a difference in sound quality? I have trouble with fit with the ep00 too. Sometimes it works but it's really hard to get a seal.

The sizing is kind of perplexing. It's such a big jump from the small to medium size (10mm - 12.3mm)

Last edited:
May 10, 2022 at 10:50 PM Post #1,671 of 3,383
Do you find a difference in sound quality? I have trouble with fit with the ep00 too. Sometimes it works but it's really hard to get a seal.

The sizing is king of perplexing. It's such a big jump from the small to medium size (10mm - 12.3mm)
Don’t notice a huge sound difference. EP01 maybe lacks 5% of special sauce but it’s hard to tell.

May 11, 2022 at 4:04 AM Post #1,672 of 3,383
Wait, so the EP01 has a tighter fit (or smaller inner diameter or whatever you call it)? I've got a pair of EP00s (I think, the order confirmation from last year just calls them "ePro horn-shaped tips") and while I love the comfort and sound, they keep slipping off my Honeydews so I can't really use them. I'm gonna order a box of EP01s in a heartbeat if they work properly with the Honeydews.

May 11, 2022 at 6:51 AM Post #1,673 of 3,383
Last edited:
May 11, 2022 at 12:41 PM Post #1,674 of 3,383
I just got a pair of Whizzer EASYTIPS (ET100) and they’re pretty darn good. I’m using them on a Shuoer S12 set and they have a significant positive impact on the sound. They sound much more lively and detailed with these.

Or maybe they’re just finally burning in.

Either way, these tips may be worth a try. They fit my weird shaped ears perfectly.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mPCwVe2

May 12, 2022 at 2:04 PM Post #1,676 of 3,383
My IER M9’s shell has a certain part on the bottom that’s sticking out, due to my left ear shape difference I am not able to push the left side shell in for a proper deep fit, not able to get the same seal as the right side. It’s rubbing against my ear notch and the inner part of the case is pushing on my intertragal notch which hurts after a while and loosing out on lower frequencies on left side with my favorite tips final E. Now I’ve switched to Final E clears upped one size as well, it’s better than before but still not very comfortable and not super satisfied with the sound when compared to the deep fit I get with Final E M size. I am looking for some tips with longer stem so it won’t rub or press on my ears.
Can someone guide me to few ear tips with long stem?

Last edited:
May 12, 2022 at 6:58 PM Post #1,677 of 3,383
My IER M9’s shell has a certain part on the bottom that’s sticking out, due to my left ear shape difference I am not able to push the left side shell in for a proper deep fit, not able to get the same seal as the right side. It’s rubbing against my ear notch and the inner part of the case is pushing on my intertragal notch which hurts after a while and loosing out on lower frequencies on left side with my favorite tips final E. Now I’ve switched to Final E clears upped one size as well, it’s better than before but still not very comfortable and not super satisfied with the sound when compared to the deep fit I get with Final E M size. I am looking for some tips with longer stem so it won’t rub or press on my ears.
Can someone guide me to few ear tips with long stem?
Dumb suggestion but have you tried rotating the IEMs? When I wear certain ones with the cable up over 45deg, I get a ton of pain. Have to rotate them forward so the cable is more horizontal.

KZ starlines are the longest ones I know.

May 12, 2022 at 7:19 PM Post #1,678 of 3,383
Dumb suggestion but have you tried rotating the IEMs? When I wear certain ones with the cable up over 45deg, I get a ton of pain. Have to rotate them forward so the cable is more horizontal.

KZ starlines are the longest ones I know.
Not dumb actually, I did try my luck rotating them but due to the shell design it’s doesn’t move around much or change the way it sits. I’ve heard Spinfits CP 100’s have the longest stem? Can someone confirm this?
PS I am not looking for double flange or foam tips

May 13, 2022 at 4:08 PM Post #1,679 of 3,383
I bought Softears tips (better alternative to Xelastec, accroding to audioreviews) and aw my gawd they suck - sub bass region devastated. I thought it might be fit/isolation issue at first, but I don't think so, and they are within my regular margins for the tips.
I also bought Whizzer SS20 (recommended by audioreviews as well), and those get my approval - pretty good, especially for the money. Might not be the best for long hauls, kind of start to feel them after hours of listening.
Regular Azla is the best to me, yes they are expensive, but so is Softears, and unlike those Azla fit/sound perfect and I can wear them for ages with no fatigue at all.

May 13, 2022 at 5:53 PM Post #1,680 of 3,383
Not dumb actually, I did try my luck rotating them but due to the shell design it’s doesn’t move around much or change the way it sits. I’ve heard Spinfits CP 100’s have the longest stem? Can someone confirm this?
PS I am not looking for double flange or foam tips

Yes, SpinFit CP100 are longest stem of any I have tried. They are the best I have found for BL-03 which is very shallow fitting. :L3000:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back