Best IEM tips?
May 13, 2022 at 5:59 PM Post #1,681 of 3,420
I bought Softears tips (better alternative to Xelastec, accroding to audioreviews) and aw my gawd they suck - sub bass region devastated. I thought it might be fit/isolation issue at first, but I don't think so, and they are within my regular margins for the tips.
I also bought Whizzer SS20 (recommended by audioreviews as well), and those get my approval - pretty good, especially for the money. Might not be the best for long hauls, kind of start to feel them after hours of listening.
Regular Azla is the best to me, yes they are expensive, but so is Softears, and unlike those Azla fit/sound perfect and I can wear them for ages with no fatigue at all.

I really dig the AzlaSednaEarfit tips, either light or regular. Because of the firmness of the tip, they tend to hold a seal much longer and tend to stay put in the opening of my ear canal longer than most other ear tips I tried. I prefer them most for a "shallow" fit, if that makes any sense.

May 13, 2022 at 6:12 PM Post #1,682 of 3,420
Got a second pair of the Azla Crystal TWS today, this time in L and now that it makes a better seal these are pretty nice. They're very short-stemmed so the grill of the MEST Mk2 fits flush with the top of the tip so there is literally no material between the grill and my ear. Sound is pretty good, I've only had about 20 min on them so I'll need a bit longer to form a full opinion. So far out of all I've tried, I'm down to three TWS style tips and three traditional longer tips that I really like:

TWS:
Final E TWS
Azla Crystal TWS
E-Pro TW00

Traditional:
Spinfit CP100
Final Type E
Azla SednaFitLight Short

The three traditional tend to give a bit extra oomph to the low end and the TWS are bit more neutral and open.

May 18, 2022 at 5:36 PM Post #1,684 of 3,420
A67E5D13-1540-411D-BE8A-A20DE8138CEE.jpeg

These are a buy. Shockingly good. Think cross between Xelastec and regular silicone; not sticky. Soft, transparent sound, and very comfortable (doesn’t make my ears warm). Glad I got 2 pairs because I probably can’t use anything else.

Like clouds in my ears.

ePro aren’t anything special. They are soft and wide bore. Maybe I would have liked them more in isolation without the AEX50

11880BEA-2685-4B67-945C-102E56249D56.jpeg

Last edited:
May 19, 2022 at 12:54 PM Post #1,687 of 3,420
The AEX50s look really interesting. I guess the wings help with the seal? Would definitely be interested in hearing more impressions on how they affect the sound. They are a bit pricey to just randomly buy--35 bucks with shipping included, and I would likely have to pay another 5 or so in taxes when they arrive.

May 19, 2022 at 1:04 PM Post #1,688 of 3,420
The AEX50s look really interesting. I guess the wings help with the seal? Would definitely be interested in hearing more impressions on how they affect the sound. They are a bit pricey to just randomly buy--35 bucks with shipping included, and I would likely have to pay another 5 or so in taxes when they arrive.

I’m curious about them too. But they look very shallow/short stem.

May 19, 2022 at 2:27 PM Post #1,689 of 3,420
Where did you got these?
https://www.mtmtaudio.com/
Yep better seal for sure. Final E tips have been my go to as they have the best comfort and bass. I think the AEX50 exceed that comfort, have similar bass quantity, but don't sound as closed in as the Final E. But it's really the material and comfort that sells them for me.
I’m curious about them too. But they look very shallow/short stem.
They look that way but the stem is longer than the equivalent size Xelastec.
6516F4AA-2506-4E7B-8016-1D029C659607.jpeg

Last edited:
May 19, 2022 at 9:39 PM Post #1,692 of 3,420
Last edited:
May 19, 2022 at 10:48 PM Post #1,693 of 3,420
@Hddad70 has posted a review on Moondrop Springtips:
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/moondrop-spring-tips.25853/reviews#review-28520

They mentioned in their review that there are now XL's.
I find springtips to be a bit small, so only useful on iem's with longer nozzles, so was happy to see the larger size and have ordered a set.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003642495461.html

The L was too small for me in Springtips. An XL would probably fit. I’ll have to try them again.

Last edited:
May 20, 2022 at 3:26 AM Post #1,694 of 3,420
TENNMAK foams are the best I've tried. Very durable and they remain compressed longer than most others. That makes them easier to insert. WAY CHEAPER too, at US$8 for 6 sets. :L3000:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000493425366.html
Yeah, the Tenmak’s are pretty good depending on the IEM. I’ve also had good success with the Campfire and Symbio foams, I reckon either are better than Comply, ymmv of course.

May 20, 2022 at 8:54 AM Post #1,695 of 3,420
Yeah, the Tenmak’s are pretty good depending on the IEM. I’ve also had good success with the Campfire and Symbio foams, I reckon either are better than Comply, ymmv of course.
I have a problem with buying disposable tips that cost almost as much as SpinFits. The Comply do offer the widest choice for size and shape, if you have an IEM with a small nozzle. You also get the option of the earwax guard if that's a problem for you. So I can see why some people like them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back