Best IEM for $200 or less!!
Jul 1, 2012 at 12:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

willpayne

Head-Fier
I am in serious need of an IEM! I would like to have the overall best one for around $200 or less (USD). I mainly listen to HipHop/Rap & DnB/Dubstep/Techno. It would be GREAT if the IEM had a removable cable!! Feel free to suggest anything! Thanks and I greatly appreciate it!!

Jul 1, 2012 at 12:19 AM Post #2 of 20
Yamaha EPH-100.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/yamaha-eph-100sl-inner-ear-headphone/reviews

Jul 1, 2012 at 12:40 AM Post #3 of 20
To be honest. I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but the Se215 have removable cables and a little thump in the rump. It's not as clear and punchy as I'd like it, but it's there for your hip-hop and wubstep. It's also got removable cables and is $100. Just my opinion.

Jul 1, 2012 at 1:35 AM Post #4 of 20
From my experience with IEMs, the list is included in my profile, I would definitely recommend the UE Triple Fi 10s. They can be had for under 200 on Amazon and sound amazing with the genres you listed above.

Jul 2, 2012 at 12:19 PM Post #8 of 20
Quote:
Thanks guys!! Any thoughts on the MDR EX-600?

Oh yeah, that's a fantastic IEM as well. I found it very comfortable but the fit is quite strange. I'd recommend it on the conditions that you were only going to stay indoors with it, live in a place with little wind, or if you a a confident, non self-conscious person.

Jul 2, 2012 at 5:12 PM Post #10 of 20
Quote:
Awesome, I'm really close to getting those! One more question: how do those compare to the Triple.fi 10? Thanks again

While your'e waiting for the comparison to that question, try reading a lot on the sound signature of the Triple.Fi 10s and try and cross reference that with other phones you know about or have heard. 

Of course, this only helps you but so much, but, if you haven't yet, obtaining as much knowledge as you can about how different phones best each other helps tremendously, right behind actual sessions with the equipment. 

Jul 2, 2012 at 5:16 PM Post #11 of 20
Quote:
Awesome, I'm really close to getting those! One more question: how do those compare to the Triple.fi 10? Thanks again

I'm probably the wrong person to ask since I'm not exactly the TF10's biggest fan. 

I'd put it like this: EX600 >>  TF10 > SE215

Jul 2, 2012 at 6:14 PM Post #13 of 20
Quote:
Alright, but keep in mind I listen to music with a lot of bass! Does it suit my music preference?

If I remember correctly the EX600 has more bass than the TF10, with better texture and rumble. Best of all, the mids are still present and they're great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back