Best I.E.Ms for working out?
Aug 9, 2011 at 2:05 AM Post #18 of 23

Quote:
Bose ie2!  Theyre open design so you will hear everything going on around you(a must for running or biking on public streets), and with the ear fits they stay in no matter what.  Portapros are also good, but the bose replaced them for me.

What he said. It gets my vote for the most comfortable earphone and most secure too. I personally find the sound engaging and fun to listen to.

Aug 10, 2011 at 1:00 AM Post #20 of 23
Metro.Fi 220 can be obtained for less than $20 US. I can attest that they will last the sweat and the wear and tear. I have often gone hiking and jogging with them over a period of 2.5 years. I have stopped using them because I have purchased higher-end IEMs. The only cons are a bit boomy bass and the paint might peel (YMMV).

Aug 11, 2011 at 9:14 AM Post #22 of 23

Quote:
Ety HF5.  Shirt clip is also nice to keep the cord out of the way.

This shows how subjective IEM choice is. I find the microphonics on the HF5 to be abysmal, even worn wires up and using the clip. And a lot of people feel the same way. Plus canal phones are  a pain to remove if you need to speak to someone. I'd rather my JVC FX67s. Comparable sound quality - better in some ways, not quite as good in others - a fraction of the price, zero microphonics, sit in the outer eat and stay there like glue until you want to get them out.

Aug 11, 2011 at 12:52 PM Post #23 of 23

Quote:
This shows how subjective IEM choice is. I find the microphonics on the HF5 to be abysmal, even worn wires up and using the clip. And a lot of people feel the same way. Plus canal phones are  a pain to remove if you need to speak to someone. I'd rather my JVC FX67s. Comparable sound quality - better in some ways, not quite as good in others - a fraction of the price, zero microphonics, sit in the outer eat and stay there like glue until you want to get them out.

And even better, you can wear the 67s up and over your ears too if you'd like (just have to reverse the buds) and you get zero issues with fit/comfort.  Awesome gym headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back