Best headphones for bass under $200 buyers guide UPDATED
Dec 10, 2012 at 9:28 AM Post #226 of 272
ETA on the Q40?

by the way, great review! I can't believe I hadnt stumbled accross this at one point, I have literally been searching for reviews on almost all of the headphones you have done for about 2 months, a direct comparison just made my day. :)

Dec 10, 2012 at 11:43 AM Post #227 of 272
Quote:
quote.gif

ETA on the Q40?

by the way, great review! I can't believe I hadnt stumbled accross this at one point, I have literally been searching for reviews on almost all of the headphones you have done for about 2 months, a direct comparison just made my day. :)

Same, thanx for the review. Already spent too much for xmas but still trying to choose the next pair :wink:

Dec 21, 2012 at 5:49 AM Post #228 of 272
Out of all the headphones you've reviewed/sampled, which would you say has the most sub-bass? As of now after reading your guide, I am considering getting either the Beyerdynamic DT770 or the Denon 2000, but am also interested in hearing which headphone has the strongest sub-bass presence. I've also considered the Pro900's, although I still don't know enough about their sub-bass stats to be a serious consideration.

My current setup includes a Sony xb700 with an e5 playing through my iPhone(not through lod). Seeing as how the xb700's were the only ones considered 'muddy' here, anything else posted here would be great. Oh and I forgot to mention that I mainly listen to EDM/Hip-Hop

Dec 27, 2012 at 10:32 AM Post #230 of 272
they do. IIRC,most Asian companies do, except China. (excluding Hong Kong) but a lot of stuff is made in China and assembled in another country which in my opinion is fine because that's pretty much a quality check in itself.

Jan 22, 2013 at 4:42 PM Post #234 of 272
I really don't understand this. How in god's name did the sennheiser hd448 and ath-m50s end up in here?!? HOW? I don't even know where to start with the 448. They are terrible. Those were the first cans that I ever got and I thought they were good but now I know. No true basshead would EVER enjoy having the sennheiser 448 cans on their head. And really? The ath-m50s? They don't have any bass and you know it. I don't know what kind of basshead you are, doesn't seem like you are at all since you had those on the list. I think you just found any headphones that were under $200 not if they had enough bass. I'm so dissapointed

Jan 22, 2013 at 5:00 PM Post #235 of 272
Quote:
I really don't understand this. How in god's name did the sennheiser hd448 and ath-m50s end up in here?!? HOW? I don't even know where to start with the 448. They are terrible. Those were the first cans that I ever got and I thought they were good but now I know. No true basshead would EVER enjoy having the sennheiser 448 cans on their head. And really? The ath-m50s? They don't have any bass and you know it. I don't know what kind of basshead you are, doesn't seem like you are at all since you had those on the list. I think you just found any headphones that were under $200 not if they had enough bass. I'm so dissapointed

+1

the hd 448/449 suck really bad when it comes to bass. it distorts really easy

Jan 22, 2013 at 6:39 PM Post #236 of 272
everyone's ears are different. i listened to the 448's at a best buy and thought they had a decent amount of bass. i wouldnt be so quick to judge him, this thread has helped a lot of people. you must have been a little irritable when you wrote that, i dont see a reason to lash out at someone like that.

Jan 22, 2013 at 6:44 PM Post #237 of 272
The Senns have a ton of Bass once you mod them. Out of the box they are tuned to be polite.  You pop open the Case/Driver and open one of the ports you got DT770 bass levels.

Feb 4, 2013 at 6:16 PM Post #239 of 272
V-Moda LP2 would also be a great adition, $179 right now on Amazon US. 

Feb 4, 2013 at 7:10 PM Post #240 of 272
Quote:
V-Moda LP2 would also be a great adition, $179 right now on Amazon US. 

Just wanted to chime in as an owner of LP2s: they are not fantastic, to be honest. Are they bass-heavy? Absolutely. Does the actual SQ live up to the price? Not really. They were my very first >$100 headphones and I loved them when I first had them. Picked up a pair of AD700s to try out an open can and the difference in sound quality was huge. Not to say they share a similar sound signature, but the LP2s simply just had nothing going for them. Muddy but substantial bass, very recessed mids and uninspired highs. I personally would not recommend the LP2s over the similarly priced M80s or for $100 extra, the M100s which are extremely fun headphones for bassheads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back