Best headphone stand/holder for Denon AH-D2000's?
Aug 16, 2011 at 9:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

DougofTheAbaci

1000+ Head-Fier
I love my Denons and but since my move they've just been sitting on my desk. Resting there. Looking sad... So I want to fix that. Give my headphones somewhere nice to live, you know?

So far I've been considering:

- Woo Audio Headphone Stand: http://www.wooaudio.com/products/wahps2.html
 - Sennheiser Headphone Holder: http://www.headphone.com/accessories/sennheiser-headphone-holder.php

I'm open to other recommendations as well.

The Woo stand is a bit more than I'd prefer to spend but it is rather nicely designed. Ideally, I'd like to stay under $50 if I could. Bonus points if I can find it on Amazon Prime so I don't have to pay for shipping.

Any and all suggestions welcome but I'd prefer not to go DIY as I know how I am with tools and I want the results to look rather smart, if you know what I mean.

Aug 16, 2011 at 9:11 PM Post #2 of 16
Heya,

I made one from Red Oak for about $10 total. I ended up making six for several headphones.

Get the one you like. They all work the same.

Also look in the Lowes/HomeDepot home & garden section for hose holders. You can find things that are very similar for like $15.

Very best,

Aug 16, 2011 at 9:20 PM Post #3 of 16
You could always go with one of those jumbo paper clamps attached to a piece of furniture.  =p

Aug 16, 2011 at 9:29 PM Post #5 of 16
Buy a mannequin head...can be found for cheap. 
tongue.gif

Aug 16, 2011 at 9:32 PM Post #6 of 16
The woo ones are expensive, yes. But, they are solid milled aluminum.
And, in a pinch, you could use it to defend yourself in the event of a home invasion.:D

Aug 16, 2011 at 10:19 PM Post #9 of 16

Quote:
Aluminum, milled or whatnot, isn't going to hold a headphone any better than the cheaper options.

No, but it is prettier. I'm debating the Sennheiser one because I can just drop my headphones on the side of my desk. Still debating and on the lookout for alternatives.

I'd go for the banan holder but I imagine the hook would dig into the band a bit and I don't want to damage it.

Aug 16, 2011 at 10:41 PM Post #10 of 16
I love my Woo stand, but then again, I don't care about price.  The finish/quality of it is worth the price.  I get more compliments on it than i probably would with a banana holder, lol.

Aug 17, 2011 at 9:49 AM Post #11 of 16
I think the banana holder looks cooler actually and looks wise, most of the DIY ones look way nicer than the Woo Audio one and require little crafts skills.

Edit: The Woo Audio stand looks like they gutted a $20 desk lamp.

Aug 17, 2011 at 3:03 PM Post #13 of 16
Aug 17, 2011 at 4:21 PM Post #14 of 16
Which is another reason I'm considering the Woo stand. I'm a designer and mac users and I like the lines on the stand very much. I think it would go very well next to my iMac, haha.

Mostly I was just wondering if there was another option out there lurking in the background that was better that I'd never heard of. I know the DIY options but I have neither the tools nor the ability to make one. I've seen people use banana hooks but I'm not to crazy with how they work or how they look so that's not an option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back