Best Headphone for around $300
Jun 18, 2012 at 5:22 PM Post #16 of 24
slightly bassy with good performance on guitars = grado hf2 sounds about right, but it's more expensive :)

denon d2k - bleargh! (-1) that's all I have to say

Jun 23, 2012 at 10:40 AM Post #17 of 24
Quote:
slightly bassy with good performance on guitars = grado hf2 sounds about right, but it's more expensive
smily_headphones1.gif

denon d2k - bleargh! (-1) that's all I have to say

First time I ever heard Grado = Bassy (in any way), and D2000 "bleargh".  As confucius once say, man who live in closet should stay in closet.

Jun 24, 2012 at 11:05 AM Post #18 of 24
Translating, the HF2 is a little bassier than neutral but has good speed and definition (and a slight midbass hump) while the denon bass quality sucks. As in Grados go boommm and Denons go bleargh. :)

Also, the best headphone around 300 is still the good old HD600.

Jun 27, 2012 at 5:54 PM Post #19 of 24
Quote:
Translating, the HF2 is a little bassier than neutral but has good speed and definition (and a slight midbass hump) while the denon bass quality sucks. As in Grados go boommm and Denons go bleargh.
smily_headphones1.gif

Also, the best headphone around 300 is still the good old HD600.

This is always relative to some kind of preference, isen´t it?

Jun 29, 2012 at 10:15 AM Post #23 of 24
Phew, how I do love *to avoid* a nice confrontation. If I dare, I would still recommend that the TS audition the D2000, cause I really do believe they do suite his requirements. I just got the Focal Spirit One today as well, and they are also a very decent performer that is worth a listening. Nice tight bass, maybe not just as low as the D2000, and clear in the top. If isolation is important for you the Focal is way better than Denon btw. A keeper for me. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back