Best Gaming Headphones.... With Poll? BUDGET: £100-£250
Oct 13, 2010 at 1:23 PM Post #226 of 319

Quote:
[...]If the person buying the dt770 new all this info...

He probably would of looked somewhere else for a closed gaming headphone...[...]

actually I read a lot (and I mean A LOT) of opinions about the DT 770 pro 80, still I chose it among many other cans and pulled the trigger! (it's on its way from USA to Dominican Republic, where I live). I don't know if I am a basshead cuz honestly all my headphones are crap, but what made me go the 700 pro 80 way, was that here, and in other forums people agreed in something really important for me: precise positioning! great soundstage and BASS.

I was looking for the best synergy possible between headphones and a dolby headphone processor (I Also got the ear force DSS) and Mad Lust Envy (muchisimas gracias amigo!) kindly gave me key information based on hands-on experience with DH and the 770. 

From what I read, it's true, the bass can be boomy but you can EQ it down in a pc and lots of people says that if you EQ yours, taming the bass, these headphones are just great, after learning this I was sold.

But! there is something that you really need to know and it's not good at all, LOTS, LOTS of people are having a bad time with them... there is rattling sound that they suffer if a hair or something get into the driver, some people had fixed this, others not... and this is, in my findings, really common. From all the headphones that I was considering, these were the only ones that had a MAJOR falling rate based on reviews. mostly a hair stock (easy fix) Still I feel I did the right thing!

I got mine used for US$125 and the seller assured me that they don't rattle. I will let you know as soon as I get them, my opinion as a gamer and trip-hop lover!

I spent two weeks doing some hard research for the best headphones to go with DH, and I'm glad I did it, I learned a lot!! and if the 770 don't work for me, I will go with the JVC HARX900.

my 2 cents

Cj

Oct 13, 2010 at 3:22 PM Post #228 of 319
Shame, I think i said this before, not sure if i have or not but the Senn MX980 is without a doubt the best gaming earbuds you can get, bar none.  They are incredibly accurate without amping, direct connect to the pc towers audio port, no sound card, and I was still able to cause people to call me a cheater in Call of Duty Modern warfare 2 for weeks while I used them.  Awesome, not as good as the AD700, and ive never owned the dt880, but a good light alternative to a huge set like they are 

smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 13, 2010 at 3:48 PM Post #230 of 319
They are no joke.  I used them every day for gaming, and I preferred them to the AD700s.  Of course they are not as pinpoint accurate as the ad700s, but they offer more bass and fun factor.  

SERIOUS gaming buds.  Top three BEST gaming headphones you can get sub $200 without question outside of the AD700 and apparently the dt800 which ive never used.

pinpointing sounds and locations was 90% accurate to my ears with no amping, just turn on 5.1 in game and on your pc.  Im sure with a great soundcard it would be even better.  But ya, nobody really ever though to use them for gaming and they are just so tailored for it, its sick

Oct 13, 2010 at 3:50 PM Post #231 of 319
I am a little concerned about the said mudy bass, i havent got the DT770-80 shipment yet, I am already looking for mic mods (from now i use the infamous zalman clip mic) and searching bass dampening mods (the reversible ones). I've read many opinions of DT770 and i say that noone is at fault but me if i don't like what I bought

Oct 13, 2010 at 4:14 PM Post #232 of 319

Quote:
Good luck with your new headphone...

Why did you buy the ear force dss over the mix amp?

Have you considered the mix amp?

Do you plan to mod the dt770? E.G microphone....

Also once you have received your dt770 post back your thoughts here...

Thanks for your input and discussions....

Thank U!

I got the Dss cuz I had a limited budget for a DH processor and for my first pair of decent headphones, (honestly I went over what I had in mind). The main reason was the price. I'm a solo player and in-game chat is not that important for me, what It's really, really important for me is immersion and from what I read this combo will deliver.  

One cheapo logic I forced myself to believe is that as the Dss is fairly new, if there were any improvements in the DH technology maybe it will have those, (improved chip?) There was a good discussion about this in a thread, someone was speaking about an old jvc DH processor and how new ones had a better performance, but honestly it was a price-performance decision in my case. 

I guess that yes, sooner or later I will try to mod this one (microphone, bass taming, etc) 

As soon as I get my pair I will post impressions here! the people here is really friendly and I love that!

U welcome!

Cj

Oct 13, 2010 at 4:46 PM Post #233 of 319

Quote:
I am a little concerned about the said mudy bass, i haven't got the DT770-80 shipment yet, I am already looking for mic mods (from now i use the infamous zalman clip mic) and searching bass dampening mods (the reversible ones). I've read many opinions of DT770 and i say that noone is at fault but me if i don't like what I bought

I got one in the mail, and as you the bass really worried me, but, after much reading, I think that you need to wait for them and try 'em as no ear hear the same, for each person that spoke badly about them, another one came in their defense, and the bass can be easily  EQ'd if that is a concern (from what I read!)

Oct 13, 2010 at 5:36 PM Post #237 of 319

Quote:

Good choice on a budgget Dolby processor...

Also a tip or must...

How will you be connecting the dss?

To get full 5.1 or 7.1 connect by optical, as any other connection cannot support the full 5.1

A bit like a scart lead vs hdmi?

thanks, I will use it with my PC optical out, it's a Intel mobo (DX48BT2) with IDT HD audio, it was a really good surprise as I bought it two years ago just thinking in performance for 3D rendering and after effects work, but I found out (while searching for the headphones) that it has Dolby Digital Live which takes PC game surround (the one you get connecting to the the analogs ports of your PC) and convert the signal into 5.1 DD which is amazing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back