Best Gaming Headphones.... With Poll? BUDGET: £100-£250
Oct 8, 2010 at 6:53 PM Post #211 of 319
Thanks Maltar and SJB.. yeah, the only way to really be sure whatever I like or dislike how the DT770's sound is by actually hearing then.. I've heard a lot of people saying that it is bass heavy though, and since I don't really appreciate something "pounding" on my ears, I may not adapt to then at all... but I guess I really have to try first.

Oct 9, 2010 at 4:31 AM Post #212 of 319
woa, I see many bad inputs on dt770, well i still haven't them I will tell you once I have them, but let me tell i hope for my own good that you are wrong
wink.gif

Oct 9, 2010 at 8:04 AM Post #214 of 319
The DT770 Pro 80 has incredible immersion, the BEST positioning I have ever heard for gaming, and a pretty big soundstage considering it being a closed headphone (which tend to have miniscule soundstages).

Those are the pros. The cons are that the bass is boomy, the overall sound signature can tend to be quite muddy at times, and there's just way too much warmth in the sound. They are nowhere near being a balanced headphone, and the bass will overpower the smaller details.

It's a love it or hate it headphone. They are quite the polar opposites of the AD700.

I would have gone with the Premium DT770 32ohm myself for mixamp gaming. They seem to be much more balanced in sound, without the overwhelming bass.

They are perfect for basshead gamers. I thought that's what I was until I got my hands on the K701. I sold the DT770 Pros immediately afterwards, and replaced them with the Creative Aurvana Live, which has less bass (but still WONDERFULLY full for gaming), kept the nice warmth, and is quite a bit clearer in the mids and highs. The trade off was the loss of the Beyer isolation and a little bit of the big soundstage the DT770 Pros had.

Oct 11, 2010 at 2:24 PM Post #219 of 319
One thing you need to be careful with... the DT770 has a lot of versions, and the Pro vs. Premium in particular is a huge difference. Be sure you know which model you are trying.

Oct 11, 2010 at 5:33 PM Post #220 of 319

Quote:
Really....

The bass on the dt770 are that bad.

I would have thought the more bass = more immersion...

But i guess the type of bass you are describing will also drown out the other sounds.

Just like everything else in life, there comes a point where alot becomes too much. Things that didn't have alot of bass sounded pretty cool, but when something happened in a game where bass was everywhere, it got to be very fatiguing to have all that thumping in your head. The 770 pro80's showed me that I like quick, clean bass, and clarity.

Oct 12, 2010 at 1:32 AM Post #222 of 319
The DT770 Pro is a basshead's headphone. The problem here is that basshead headphones do NOT make for good gaming headphones. You want a quicker bass response, not the slooooow boomy bass the 770 Pro 80's have. If you can find a way to limit the bass of the 770 Pro 80s while gaming, the immersion and accurate positioning may just be one of the very best. Unfortunately, I'm a console gamer, and there is no way to EQ out the bass with my Mixamp.

Oct 12, 2010 at 1:16 PM Post #224 of 319
The problem is that games tend to have constantly changing frequencies, as well as frequencies that stay put. For example on Mass Effect 2, while you're on your ship, there is a constant low end hum. With the DT770 Pro 80, it's so emphasized that you really can't hear the dialogue well, if BARELY. You need a good even curve, so that nothing outdoes anything else. Music is a lot more forgiving. Games can point out headphone's flaws pretty easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back